Thread: Costom Cities

Default Costom Cities

I noticed that in Kingdoms: crusades expansion, Jerulsalem has its own city layout and buildings. Are you planning to add this Costom city ability to EB II, for importan cities like rome, alexandrea, ect...?

Default Re: Costom Cities

I think that they can edit how the building lay out and where they are placed, but they just can't change the look of them. Am I right?

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

can they edit how many buildings there are and the cities limits as well? (massive cities would be cool to see!)

i can assume they can change the look of the buildings its just finding the exporter/ importer for 3ds max.

Icon3 Re: Costom Cities

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Legate View Post
    I noticed that in Kingdoms: crusades expansion, Jerulsalem has its own city layout and buildings. Are you planning to add this Costom city ability to EB II, for importan cities like rome, alexandrea, ect...?
    It's possible in R:TW as well, but the problem is the city won't change; i.e. it won't grow or display the upgrades you have built. Since Rome was not that big at the start of the game, and Alexandria had been founded less then 50 years before, they both going through a period of rapid growth. I also doubt we can really accurately reconstruct them within the limitations of the TW engine.

And, of course, it takes a large amount of time to create a custom city, so I doubt this will be included.

eggthief's Avatar Praepositus

isnt this topic exactly the same like the one that I started, which is still on the first page? Anyway custom cities would be very cool, I really hate the current way they are, wall > straight golden road > plaza

no, its not the same, I'm talking about specific cities that have their own building and city layout, like Jerusalem in the kingdoms expansion. you where talking about editing cities in general.

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

There is no exporter/importer for settlement files in M2TW yet, so no modding of cities in the battlemap is possible yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus View Post
    There is no exporter/importer for settlement files in M2TW yet, so no modding of cities in the battlemap is possible yet.
    The Basileia: Total War team has managed to make custom cities, so it's possible.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=122992

eggthief's Avatar Praepositus

as explained sometime before: thats uberduperhard right now.

I'm absolutely positive that it would be better to NOT have custom cities...

Having them would make release date even later...

Game of the Fates
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.

Hunnis's Avatar Semisalis

but some of the citys will be strategic, looks to me that Venice is very easy to defend,

Douchebag's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Tiberius View Post
    The Basileia: Total War team has managed to make custom cities, so it's possible.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=122992

Woooow. Those custom cities look awesome...especially Constantinople.

Hell yes, they do.

Game of the Fates