Thread: what changed?

Default what changed?

Dave, could you tell us what changes were made in the May 22 update of Version 3? I made my own personal mods to the previous version and would rather not redo my work, but don't want to miss anything essential.

Default Re: what changed?

Hi vindex246,

Unfortunately the first release of version 3 did not go quite as smoothly as I would have hoped. I had a new UI done for me for the new faction symbols and this was causing graphical issues and random crashes. There were also some smaller bugs fixed but nothing major.

The re-launch of version 3 is a clean version and should run perfactly for most people. So.. if you want your moddified version to be more stable I suggest downloading the new version 3. Install it to another drive or somewhere. Then copy the SD files in the new ui folder across. Next copy my updated descr_sm_factions.txt to the data folder. And finally in ui\southern_european\interface copy the new shared and strat teutonic TGA's. Copy them into the northern european, middle eastern, eastern euripean and greek interface folders as well. And make sure you have the main game unpacked. This mod should work very well then depending on your own modifications of course.

Dave