View Poll Results: What is the best new faction in this mod?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kingdom of Jerusalem

5 12.20%
  • Antioch

6 14.63%
  • Ireland

8 19.51%
  • Teutonic Order

13 31.71%
  • Lithuania

9 21.95%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your favourite new faction?

Default What is your favourite new faction?

Hey guys, I have added the best of Kingdoms into my kingdoms grand campaign mod. But which of the new factions do you have fun playing the most? And say why you voted for them as well!

cheers,
    Dave

Loha4's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: What is your favourite new faction?

I would vote Ireland but I can't vote yet

And mainly because they have the best swordsmen in the game as far as I can tell (Tests with canon knights proved inconclusive) and pinning the enemy down with muire and then raining javelins on them is just a fun way to beat the enemy

I would vote Ireland but I can't vote yet
    You better start posting more then

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; May 24, 2008 at 03:36 PM.

Loha4's Avatar Foederatus

Well in almost every other forum I've ever been in I end up spamming like a total jerk so I'm trying to avoid posting where unnecessary here (well okay perhaps this post was slightly unnecessary but meh )

Well before the Teutonic update my own personal favourite faction was the Kingdom of Jerusalem. There are just so many things to love about this faction. First off for historical reasons, having the KOJ in control of the Holy lands in 1180 AD. This period in history (the Crusades) still remembered by everyone to this day. Then there are the balance improvements, the muslim factions now have a common enemy. Before Egypt would just take over everywhere without a fight and eventually war with the Turks. Then there is the banner and the units of the Kingdom of Jerusalem. I dont know but theres just something that gets me when I see them on the battle map. I think CA did a great job on both KOJ and Antioch I have to say! The Kingdom of Jerusalem is also one of the most fun campaigns to play. The only reason this mod started out is because I wanted to add KOJ and Antioch to the GC so much.

But since I made the teutonic update I have to say I think I enjoy playing the Teutonic Order even more. My current campaign on VH/VH has really been epic. I had been at war with Lithuania and had big wars on the Danes. Then at about turn 60 Poland layed siege to Marienburg with a full stack. After managing to see them off 2 stacks came in from no where and besieged my capital city Konigsberg. And its been like that ever since, also I was excommunicated for not building a small church What a challenge! Also I gotta say the Teutonic Order quite possibly has my favourite unit roster in the game. I just love all of their units, Christ knights, Ritterbruder, Teutonic knights, Order Spearmen, even down to Burgher Pikemen. I never really played Kingdoms much so for me this new faction is incredibly fun to play. Depending on how you play of course! I voted for the TO although I have to say all 5 of these new factions are superbly done.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; May 25, 2008 at 04:03 AM.

Come on guys.. over 100 views and only 4 people have bothered to vote so far.. Don't be so boring, I am genuinely interested to hear which new faction is the most popular in kingdoms grand campaign mod. What one did I implement the best into this mod? also which starting position do you like?

And where did all those Antioch fanatics go?

They sure kicked up "one hell of a fuss" when I made a thread about removing Antioch

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; May 25, 2008 at 12:00 PM.

vietanh797's Avatar Domesticus

it seem that you have the fifth now but I like to play TO in your mod than play TO in Kingdom or KOJ in your version2
    until now I only read everyone comment but because I play them in Kingdom so I can say that they are very interesting to play
    besides of that do you support a torrent download Dave?
    I really want to play your version 3 T_T
    Empire II and Medieval III pls

KOJ ftw

One would say Antioch if they were playable

And on that note..if one changes the "descr.strat" file to make then playable will this cause any problems ?

But an enjoyable mod to play anyway.

@Asmodeus,

I am going to make a new thread for you guys that explains fully how to make Antioch playable.

@Giovi,

For the same reasons I like KOJ then I guess?

Dave

I'd say KoJ.

I can't vote yet so

The only thing I miss with KoJ is the amount of units compared to the other factions.

I think the only reason I like KoJ more then Teutonic is the fact that they have a family tree.

Jingles's Avatar Praefectus

I voted Teutonic Order, but It sort of goes on a par with Lithuania, as the baltic crusades are an area of History I'm currently trying to read up on.

I started a new campaign as Lithuania with my new changes the other day. And I think I might be actually enjoying playing this campaign as much as I liked the Teutonic Order. The campaign is very tough! You are surrounded by other faiths, all with plans to invade and take your lands. You need to find yourself an ally from somewhere or you wont stand a chance! I decided to start off on the side of Russia so that I could concentrate my armies on the Prussian front. But I hope this wont eventually lead to another Crusade against my capital

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; June 02, 2008 at 04:50 PM.

Allthough im not allowed to vote i would have to make a choice between Antioch and Teutonic. I've started a campaign with both and thusfar im loving it. VH/VH ... you people are something ... have enough issues with M/H.

Thnx for the wonderfull mod Dave!

Zwelgje

aduellist's Avatar Push the button Max!

I thought that TO would be my new favorite, but ended up "re-engineering" Antioch as playable (made Ireland unplayable instead ). Not that TO isn't well done or fun. I guess I left my heart in the Holy Land!
    Under the patronage of TheFirstONeill
    Proud team member of
    THERA, A New Beginning

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." H. L. Mencken

"Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one’s thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. It is the right which they first of all strike down." Frederick Douglass

i can't vote yet but i would say ireland

its awesome playing ireland and scotland in hotseat
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

KOJ
    Finish Him!

FATALITY!

One of those non-voting views here, I feel like I can't decide until I've tried them all, as every last one looks well done and challenging

What if Norway were in this mod? would they have recieved any votes in the poll I wonder? :hmmm:

I'm split between KOJ and Ireland, leaning more towards Ireland in the end.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast