Thread: Mountains of Peru

Big War Bird's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Mountains of Peru

My wife (maybe me too) is considering going on a Christian mission into Andes Mountain in Peru later this year. I don't exactly where in Peru.

Does anyone know how dangerous or safe remote Andes Mountain villages are in Peru?
    As a teenager, I was taken to various houses and flats above takeaways in the north of England, to be beaten, tortured and raped over 100 times. I was called a “white slag” and “white ****” as they beat me.

-Ella Hill

Lord Consul's Avatar Armchair intellectual

Default Re: Mountains of Peru

They are not exactly dangerous, although many of those "illiterate peasants" who offer help to strangers are corrupt and sly, specially those in and around Macchu Pichu. Keep your things close to you.

Peruvians are a friendly people and they are not particularly anti-american as the Argentines or the Venezuelans. Peru is not a violent country either, just stay smart and avoid the food sold in the streets at all cost, you have been warned.
    Proud Client of Obi Wan Asterix

mrmouth's Avatar flaxen haired argonaut

Default Re: Mountains of Peru

Outside the large population centers they are pretty sly. Usually the opposite, where the cities are the place for petty crime.

I guess recently the National Police were deployed countrywide to mop up civil unrest due to labor issues. Certain provinces might be sketchy.
    The fascists of the future will be called anti-fascists
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity