Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "All Factions Horde"

Default "All Factions Horde"

I have posted this in two other modforums already (PI and EB II), and I might as well post it in this one.

Can we make use of the "All Factions Horde" script? Modifying it so only certain factions can horde would be just as good; I don't wanna see any migratory Noldor running around Rhun.

However, I DO want to see a marauding Orcish army razing the weak and prosperous fields of western Gondor. Can we implement this?

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

The Big Red 1's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: "All Factions Horde"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cursed View Post
    I have posted this in two other modforums already (PI and EB II), and I might as well post it in this one.

Can we make use of the "All Factions Horde" script? Modifying it so only certain factions can horde would be just as good; I don't wanna see any migratory Noldor running around Rhun.

However, I DO want to see a marauding Orcish army razing the weak and prosperous fields of western Gondor. Can we implement this?
    I think this would be a good idea!

Especially for Rhun,Isengard,Mordor, and Rohan.
    HONEY I AM HOME

The Count(er)'s Avatar Protector Domesticus

yeah it would be a good idea but it seems like when a faction does become a horde it takes like 20 minutes for the armies to finally spawn which is annoying but I still like the idea
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaigidel View Post
    everyone but me is wrong.
    Ego's are fun

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Red 1 View Post
    I think this would be a good idea!

Especially for Rhun,Isengard,Mordor, and Rohan.
    Rhun, Rohan, Dale, etc.. mostly the barbaricish tribes............ya....thats a make up word.
    Son of _Pontifex_Father to Mithrandir
    - Citizen, Artifex, Civitate - Librarian

Third Age: Total War - Most Promising Mod of 2008
    2D Graphical Artist & Moderator

Nikos's Avatar VENGEANCE BURNS

Quote Originally Posted by Code_Knight View Post
    Rhun, Rohan, Dale, etc.. mostly the barbaricish tribes............ya....thats a make up word.
    IMo Dale shouldn't horde. It wasn't that Barbaricish, it was quite a large city IIRC.
    Learn about Byzantium! http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Toward-Warfare
    Civitate
    ,Ex Content Writer,Ex Curator, Ex Moderator

Proud patron of Jean=A=Luc
    In Patronicum sub Celsius

Varjon's Avatar Praepositus

And neither should Rohan

Quote Originally Posted by Varjon View Post
    And neither should Rohan
    What about when they moved to Helm's Deep it seemed kinda Hordeish.
    HONEY I AM HOME

Yeah I think Rohan should horde. I mean the Only reason the people of Rohan are in Rohan is because they "hoarded" there during a battle where they helped Gondor win. Gondor's king gave Rohan to them as thanks.
    Civitate

what do you guys mean by horde (ya I know what they are, but give details of what you want.)
    Son of _Pontifex_Father to Mithrandir
    - Citizen, Artifex, Civitate - Librarian

Third Age: Total War - Most Promising Mod of 2008
    2D Graphical Artist & Moderator

what do you guys mean by horde (ya I know what they are, but give details of what you want.)
    Well what do you want? and then we'll tell you.
    HONEY I AM HOME

Darth Ravenous's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I think they should be like mongols.

once a faction loses all settlements , 2 full stacks with good units with 2 family members (if none was left , just spawn randomly as faction leader and heir) spawn outside their original capital , and scripted to attack it , if failed they will go random locations where defenses are weak and take that settlement and reform the faction (attack enemies settlements or rebels ones that is)

Also when ever the faction leader (spawned one or original one) in horde stack , when they reach an original land of their faction they get random units every time keeping the stack fresh (gaining support from their own people)

so for the player , the faster you kill those hordes the safer you will be , as the horde can grow to a maximum of 5 full stacks XD
    Last edited by whitewolfmxc; June 25, 2008 at 06:37 AM.

Well I think the nations who could "horde" should be Mordor, Isengard, Orcs of the Misty Mountains, Dwarves(After the destruction of Beleriand they came to Khazad-dum, After the destruction of Gray Mounatins citys they came to Khazad-dum and after the destruction of Erebor to Blue Mountains. Sounds hordish to me , Rhun,Harad.

Rohan didnt horde to gondor they were asked for help the civilians came later.

Well, I am glad this idea has found such acceptance!

I pretty much agree with Alerion's list.

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

Quote Originally Posted by Alerion View Post
    Well I think the nations who could "horde" should be Mordor, Isengard, Orcs of the Misty Mountains, Dwarves(After the destruction of Beleriand they came to Khazad-dum, After the destruction of Gray Mounatins citys they came to Khazad-dum and after the destruction of Erebor to Blue Mountains. Sounds hordish to me , Rhun,Harad.

Yes, the Civilians HOARDED to Cardolan / Rohan. Huge migration of people. Rohan is mostly a nomadic pastoral country. Why shouldn't they horde?
    Civitate

Horde from what I see here willl be when faction is crushed right? That means rohan doesnt fit it. They migrated because they were given a big and good land, I doubt eorlings would run and find a new home instead of fighting to the end. The migration had place after the war not during like it would be in the horde system.

And they were nomadic now after they came to rohan they don't seem to nomadic to me.
    Sanity, in an insane world, is insane.

~It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.~
    -Roosevelt

Horde from what I see here willl be when faction is crushed right? That means rohan doesnt fit it. They migrated because they were given a big and good land, I doubt eorlings would run and find a new home instead of fighting to the end. The migration had place after the war not during like it would be in the horde system.

And they were nomadic now after they came to rohan they don't seem to nomadic to me.
    They would fight to the end, but when the king dies and there are no cities, a new king is chosen and he gets troops. The Horde would be hard coded to attack the Rohan capital IIRC and would reestablish the Rohan faction if they win. If they lose, I think then they will move around the map. Yes Rohan is a nomadic herding society. They only had a few large population centers. The rest of the people would have moved around Rohan's large fields with their herds.
    Civitate

Well still I don't imagine Rohan making two "stacks" and going to conquer some land. If you can code them to spawn a horde but after trying to take old capital fails, it doesnt go somewere to get new land. Instead it would take a guariela/spelling?/ war with the conqueror.
    Sanity, in an insane world, is insane.

~It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.~
    -Roosevelt

Well still I don't imagine Rohan making two "stacks" and going to conquer some land. If you can code them to spawn a horde but after trying to take old capital fails, it doesnt go somewere to get new land. Instead it would take a guariela/spelling?/ war with the conqueror.
    How would that work? Every once in a while a Rohan army will appear and try to attack you?
    Civitate

Iustinianos's Avatar Centenarius

I pretty much agree with your list except for that I like to add Rohan to the list. Rohan is an excellent faction to become a horde, seeing that they focussed mainly on cavarly which would make them swift and mobile.
    It looks bad in the newspapers and upsets civilians at their breakfast...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast