Thread: Med II's Pope's Excommunication Feature

Default Med II's Pope's Excommunication Feature

Is there some way of Sauron taking the place of the Pope and using that feature to keep his armies unified?

Default Re: Med II's Pope's Excommunication Feature

um yes.....but I don' t think that he should take up a major slot in the game such as the pope, but possibly we could find a way to code such a feature in.
    Son of _Pontifex_Father to Mithrandir
    - Citizen, Artifex, Civitate - Librarian

Third Age: Total War - Most Promising Mod of 2008
    2D Graphical Artist & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Code_Knight View Post
    um yes.....but I don' t think that he should take up a major slot in the game such as the pope, but possibly we could find a way to code such a feature in.

It's a shame you can't use the re-spawn of the Pope when he's killed because of the College of Cardinals requiring a priest to replace the dead Pope.

Maybe Dark Priests of the Eye to spread the darkness of Sauron through Faith.
    But in the end the faces of the priest will replace Sauron.
    Unless there is a way to have Sauron as the only priest face or something? Better still, just don't show the Popes face, only the traits and only have 'Sauron' as the Priests new Pope Name rather than Pope Innocent XXI etc.

But would probably take the fun out of finding the Ring and handing it to Sauron to unlock him from Bara-dur or destroying it at Mount Doom like in lotr:tw.
    Last edited by thebigbossnahhh; May 23, 2008 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigbossnahhh View Post
    It's a shame you can't use the re-spawn of the Pope when he's killed because of the College of Cardinals requiring a priest to replace the dead Pope.

Unless there is a way to have Sauron as the only priest face or something? Better still, just don't show the Popes face, only the traits and only have 'Sauron' as the Priests new Pope Name rather than Pope Innocent XXI etc.

But would probably take the fun out of finding the Ring and handing it to Sauron to unlock him from Bara-dur or destroying it at Mount Doom like in lotr:tw.
    I think the Culture system would work a little better in this mod, what do you think?
    Son of _Pontifex_Father to Mithrandir
    - Citizen, Artifex, Civitate - Librarian

Third Age: Total War - Most Promising Mod of 2008
    2D Graphical Artist & Moderator

Lü Bu's Avatar "Mightyest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by thebigbossnahhh View Post

nah,i dont like that idea.everything i would make is diplomat,assasin,spy.i wouldnt include priests in mod.
    there wasnt any priests in movie or book??
    Proud patron of Wlesmana
    Assyria Total War
    Check update thread for new HQ models
    My Workshop™

Mithrandir's Avatar Flame of Anor

Absolutely.

Under the patronage of
    Code_Knight