Page 9 of 81 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: Technical support thread (Version 4.2 & 4.3)

Default Re: Bug reports thread (Version 3.0)

@userprobe,

Seriously, I would not worry to much about these small bugs, there are no bugs in patch 3.2 of any real significance. You can still play most factions in KGCM and they will work perfectly. Even those factions effected are still very playable and you will hardly notice some of these bugs. I will not be rushing out a new patch just yet. The next patch will be released when everything is ready, and not before.

Dave

Userpro's Avatar =RAE= HostedMod Creator

Probably you are saying right, Dave! These are realy mini-bugs... but its your debt, because you have spoiled me (us) with your perfection .......

Hi Dave,

Patch 3.2 is a great campaign....

Just some feed back for you,

I thought in my english campaign that Norway could have been much more aggressive, they built up armies on orkney but never used them, and never really challange for naval supremecy also ture for my danish campaign both played on VH.

When beseging Irish capital they dont seem to recieve a defensive stack like the other capitals in the game.

Excummication to me always seem to work the same way, pope tells you to cease hostilaties for 5 turns, the faction that you have been commanded to stop attacking never seems to stop attacking you and at the end of the turns they get excummicated. Would it be possible for a diplomatic solution i.e. they appoach you for a cease fire you accept or decline, or you appoach them and offer a cease fire that they could actually accept. This is ment for factions with the same faith that have some papal standing.

Best one yet though, just some thoughts....

Cheers

@brousell,

Sadly giving Orkney to Norway did not work out as I had hoped. But this will be corrected in the next update by giving Norway "Wick" instead. I am currently thinking over making Norway start off at war against Scotland as well so they play a more active part in the British Isles.

When beseging Irish capital they dont seem to recieve a defensive stack like the other capitals in the game.
    Cork has a garrison script, did you mean at Dublin? ATM there is no garrison script defending Dublin, though this could actually be worth adding as well.

EDIT: Damn you were right! it looks like I will have to do the garrison at Cork! and when Ireland capture Dublin they shall have another their as well.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; July 16, 2008 at 03:35 PM.

Hi Dave,

would it be worth putting more garrison scripts into the game in general, just to make it harder? (appreciate might be time consuming and not pratical))

Think good idea about Norway starting at war with scotland though...

what did you think about the pope being able to order factions with high enough papal standing to make peace with you?

cheers

Probably a Bug here:

[script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 77, column 34
    resource fish positioned on 180,336 which is an invalid tile.

@Brousell,

I have a number of new garrison scripts done already for the next update. So far.. Leon for spain, Granada for Moors, Dublin and Cork for Ireland, Palermo for Sicily, Denmark at Lund, and I'll probably add one more for the Turks. Anymore you would suggest?

@Userprobe,

I think I fixed that resource at Orkney, thanks.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; July 17, 2008 at 03:26 PM.

Hi Dave,
    can you give me the new coordinates please?

I've made a test, and I rather think that 178/334 is the best position. So this resource is not on the road, accessible by merchant who dont need to stay in port or city, but its hardly visible behind the city name... :hmmm: What do you think? I think its a really damn small island
    Last edited by Userpro; July 18, 2008 at 10:53 AM. Reason: after testing

Hi dave,

Some cities that maybe should get garrison scripts;

Maybe hamburg, good for danish campaign, stockholm for norway, maybe eastern side of poland somewhere, wound'nt worry to much about russia due it it's sheer size. A central hungarian city & byzentine city in greece and one of thier cities that border the turks. I think that venice's island city near greece should get one and also a north african city for moors make it harder for sicily. Scotland will definately need some more help to stop them going out to early when norway's fixed.
    Last edited by brousell; July 19, 2008 at 02:13 PM.

hi dave

maybe merchants should earn a lot more money for there factions, rather than 25-90 florians try 700-1000 making economic warfare and the control of resources much more important. Lower the income slightly so in campaign you are forced to get merchants trading or become squeezed for cash...

Forgort to mention in previous posts, in english campaign exeter does not grant family members with a settlement title, niether in polish campaign do the polish cities of poznan & danzig no matter long the family member stays.

cheers
    brousell
    Last edited by brousell; July 19, 2008 at 05:52 PM.

Just a small bug: Dismounted Cuirassers are described as "Unlocalized Placement Text".
    "People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do." -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

In Soviet Russia you want Uncle Sam.

@brousell,

Thanks for your suggestions, I will see what I can do about merchants.

As for some of my settlments not having titles everywhere. Well I have added a high number of new regions since getting permission to use the ancillaries from Blood Broads & Bastards v2.1. So I therefore need to make new symbols for these titles in the new regions. And do not have time to carry out this work. If any artist feels they might be able to do it then feel free to help.

Just a small bug: Dismounted Cuirassers are described as "Unlocalized Placement Text".
    Thank you, this fix should actually have been in patch 3.2, but I missed it out.

Dave

The only bug i'm getting is during certian battles, my Medieval 2 dies and crashes had it happen when the "kingdom" factions are going at it any ideas how to fix it (always happens at a battle i need to win )

First, let me say that this is a great mod.

The bug I am experiencing has happened twice. Its with Byzantium. If you click on the Building Browser and then start right-clicking on units to get their picture and description, the game will freeze. The "Close" buttons become clear and the graphics become corrupted.

The music still plays but the screens cannot be closed and pressing CTRL-ALT-DELETE won't even bring up the Task Manager. You have to reboot (hard) the system.

Hi BigMac, and welcome! read page 1 of this thread for fixes to this graphical issue. You can find my instructions for unpacking the main game in this thread. Alternatively you can apply the kingdoms display fix which I have also provided in this thread. There is a warning about not having the game unpacked in the download thread for version 3.0. I guess though I should have also added it to the readme, sorry.

Dave

The only bug i'm getting is during certian battles, my Medieval 2 dies and crashes had it happen when the "kingdom" factions are going at it any ideas how to fix it (always happens at a battle i need to win )
    I am very concerned to hear about this CTD Could you give me more information please? Maybe there is a problem with a unit in one of the new factions that causes the crash. Also did you unpack the game? and if so, delete the two geography files in the data folder? What version of the game do you own and your operating system?

thanks,
    Dave

Hi Dave,

I did unpack the game before installing the mod, as per the instructions. I am not experiencing this bug with any other faction except Byzantium. Could it be a problem with the overlay for the interface?

I am playing Ireland right now and having no problems at all.

What do you suggest? Should I reinstall everything and just try the display fix without unpacking?

Thanks!

What do you suggest? Should I reinstall everything and just try the display fix without unpacking?
    Leave it with me for now, and I will investigate this problem and try to fix it. In the meantime, try to enjoy the rest of my mod.

thanks,
    Dave

Hi Dave,

I reinstalled everything.. No big deal.

This time, I did NOT unpack anything. I upgraded to Kingdoms 1.5.
    Next, I installed the GC and then the 3.2 patch. Next, I installed the graphics fix.

Everything seems fine now.

I have unpacked the game before and I did notice slow-downs and other odd things.

This is one heck of a mod and you put a BOATLOAD of work into it, I can tell. The map is FIRST-RATE!!

Now, off to butcher the English. I am English, btw. But I have always been a sucker for those Irish lasses!!

Glad to hear that everything is working for you now mate

And be sure to let me know how you get on in that English campaign!

Cheers,
    Dave