Page 8 of 81 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358 ... LastLast

Thread: Technical support thread (Version 4.2 & 4.3)

Default Re: Bug reports thread (Version 3.0)

For templar or hospitallers knights, don't forget to make a norwegian model for armor upgrade, or you will have horses without riders!

hey dave, some minor things

1. If you sail with a ship from Orkney to Scandinavia, it is faster to sail along the northern map ending, as sailing on the sea. I think there must be something like a small amount of land to do this, is that understandabel? If not I get you a screenie
    2. the Intro video from Norway is the Intro vid from teutonic campaign, the Norway Kingdom is not appiering there
    3. a little confusing name for a general, I think

Ingeborg is IMHO a female name, so I looked in the traits for a "Secretly female" trait, but nothing showed up, he/she has now been married and impregnated his wife twice
    1. In all my campaings I see many early excomms, some just in the fourth, or fifth turn.. but it's a vanilla bug, me thinks

so long, thanks for the magnificent time you gave me with your work, and please continue with this mod

XSamatan

Quote Originally Posted by Blackader View Post
    For templar or hospitallers knights, don't forget to make a norwegian model for armor upgrade, or you will have horses without riders!
    Not only for armor upgrade but also for without upgrades. You only see horses with Norway when you recruit Hospitallers or Templars.

Another minor issue: New World Cuirassers haven't any description or name in text\export_units.txt, IIRC.

Regards.

Edit: Another one that I don't know if it's intentional: Late Crossbowmen have a default size of 32 instead of 48. Maybe a bit useless vs earlier Crossbowmen.
    Last edited by CeltiberoMordred; July 11, 2008 at 02:42 AM.
    Shogun was chess, vi was chequers rome was tiddlywinks and mtw2 musical chairs." - Swoosh So

The work for this was already done in patch 3.2, I used the Denmark models. The only problem was that I forgot to add ownership for Norway of knights hospitallers and knight templar in the EDU.

If you sail with a ship from Orkney to Scandinavia, it is faster to sail along the northern map ending, as sailing on the sea. I think there must be something like a small amount of land to do this, is that understandabel? If not I get you a screenie
    I'll test this out myself when I get time, thanks.

the Intro video from Norway is the Intro vid from teutonic campaign, the Norway Kingdom is not appiering there
    I don't mind giving them the normal faction intro instead, no problem!

In all my campaings I see many early excomms, some just in the fourth, or fifth turn.. but it's a vanilla bug, me thinks so long, thanks for the magnificent time you gave me with your work, and please continue with this mod
    I think the only fix for this would be a more passive AI that doesn't attack much at the start. But I will see what I can do, I agree that there is a little to many excomms.

Another minor issue: New World Cuirassers haven't any description or name in text\export_units.txt, IIRC.
    This is a small bug from version 3.0, patch 3.2 fixes this

Dave

vietanh797's Avatar Domesticus

after make the aztec playable I found out that they have no building tree and many unit is free upkeep(their upkeep is 0)
    not sure this is my fault or not but if you can please take a look in that pour faction, Dave
    anyway they play a part of your mod too
    Empire II and Medieval III pls

after make the aztec playable I found out that they have no building tree and many unit is free upkeep(their upkeep is 0)
    not sure this is my fault or not but if you can please take a look in that pour faction, Dave
    anyway they play a part of your mod too
    This is not caused by you, the new Aztec buildings from the americas campaign need to be added into the GC. I will do this for you when I get time and include it in a patch.

thanks,
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dave scarface View Post
    This is not caused by you, the new Aztec buildings from the americas campaign need to be added into the GC. I will do this for you when I get time and include it in a patch.

thanks,
    Dave
    thank you
    but don't force you to much
    spent some time to play your mod too
    beside what did you do with pope?
    kick his ass and tell him not invade other faction?
    I think that if reduce money script half will make pope have enough army but not too much

I did manage to get 30 turns into a mongol campaign but have just started modding again. This forced me to abandon it sadly Anyway good news, the pope seems to be fixed! I saw a crusade called in my latest campaign and the pope never joined! You may still see the Papal states join a crusade eventually, but I think this is now fixed. I do not want to reduce the amount of money the pope gets by to much, as this will make the Papal States a push over like they were in vanilla.

Dave

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

This may not be a bug, but thought I would mention it. Playing as Norway I have not been able to build any siege weapons except mangonels. I don't think I ever played Norway in the vanilla version, so I don't know what their order of battle looked like. If this is the way its supposed to be, please ignore this post.

@Stylix,

Thanks again mate, it seems catapults and trebuchets need to be made available to Norway in the export_descr_buildings.txt. I don't know how I missed that one

EDIT: I have also added all of Norways artillery units to the cannon buildings now.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; July 13, 2008 at 04:12 AM.

red alarm
    all mongol mounted unit don't have upkeep
    >"<

red alarm
    all mongol mounted unit don't have upkeep
    This is deliberate and not a bug.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; July 13, 2008 at 04:14 AM.

I noticed a bug while playing as Egypt, i apologise in advance as i am unable to supply you with any screens or a save game for testing but i will still explain. I had declared a jihad on Jerusalem and had moved one army to the bridge at the right of the city. Next turn a large army appeared right in fron of me and naturally i attacked. The problem was in the battle. The game loaded with a huge expanse of water running through the battle. As the deployment stage appeared, i had lost nearly my whole army has they had begun the game in the water. Can this be fixed?

@Xtopherus,

Thank you for reporting this bug, I ran a test and played a battle on this bridge. And the terrain on this tile was bugged, so I have moved the bridge up one tile on the map and it is fixed! Btw how hard are you finding your Egypt campaign? and do you play with the garrison script?

Dave

@dave,

Playing as Norway I have not been able to build cannons of any type. Is this normal?:hmmm:

The Royal Armoury is labeled as 'royal_armoury'. I reported this same occurance while playing as England in the previous version.

I found another minor one which you may already be aware of. While playing England, the Royal Armoury building is named 'royal_armoury' as opposed of course to 'Royal Armoury'. This name appears in the construction tab as well as after the building is constructed. Seems to work just fine though.
    Last edited by Stylix; July 13, 2008 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Added quote

@Stylix,

See the above post (150) this has already been taken care of

EDIT:Before anybody reports it I have already found and fixed a bug with the building descriptions for "mongol pagan temples". All three temples display correctly now.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; July 13, 2008 at 01:38 PM.

@dave,

Thanks, I saw the post but missed the edit!

did you forgot trait of the upper castle of mongol?(upper top right on the map)
    I make mongol playable then take this castle but I don't have any new trait?
    beside could you upload the siege weapon fix file for Norway, Dave?

@ dave

well at the moment my campaign isnt going too badly, i took the first KoJ castle through jihad, my economy is strong, and due to a few heroic victories i have managed to keep the KoJ armies at bay. I must admit though it is challenging, the sheer volume of stacks that gets sent at you gives you a good run for your money, and im only playing on med/med lol. I must admit im not too great, and i only play for fun mostly.

But i just want to say the mod is great, i am throughly enjoying it

P.S. i am not using the garrison script since when i patched it to 3.2 i didnt realise the garrison script wasnt included before i started my campaign so i decided just to leave it. But with it im sure the campaign would be even more entertainging to play.

Userpro's Avatar =RAE= HostedMod Creator

Dave- please, it is possible that you can upload those fixes, for your 3.2 patch, earlier possible? Its hard to follow up on what is buggy in 3.2 ...