Page 7 of 81 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast

Thread: Technical support thread (Version 4.2 & 4.3)

Koljan's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Bug reports for the Teutonic update (22/05/08)

Dave,

I understand that this is caused by the extra regions.
    The question i was really hoping you'd answer was -
    " What variables effect this, other then the size of the map? "

Thanks for your time,

Koljan.

I think it has alot to do with the garrison script, the amount of factions, and the extra regions. Pile all that ontop of each other and it slows down turns significantly. Theres probably other issues that stem off these main three, but I'm sure those are the major ones.

I don't mind the longer AI turns since compared to many other mods of this scale, this one is fairly quick. It also allows you to get some work done on the side or grab snacks/ use the bathroom and so forth.

Thanks pwf224, for hiting the nail on the head there

@Koljan,

Look in the main download thread for version 3.0. There is a no garrison script 3 posts down (this will be updated when patch 3.2 comes out).

Dave

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

@dave,

The port for the region of Oporto in the Iberian penisula is not present. In the map_regions.tga file I noticed that the port is adjacent to the region to the north. I believe that a least one pixel must seperate a port or city/castle from and adjacent region. In any case, the tga file calls for a port and it does not show up on the campaign map. Sorry for noticing this at such a late date.

@Stylix,

Well this is a very easy fix and it won't take me long to compile the new patch again, thanks.

Dave

Hexdragon's Avatar Libertus

Hi dave

Here is a minor bug:

The problem is on shield's texture of Ireland's merchant cavalry militia

I think this is caused because the attachment texture
    (Final Heater_Ireland_Diff) used in the mod is a "Brittain Variant" of the "Final Heater" texture which is not compatible with the model.

I guess this could be fixed using Final Heater_milan_Diff included on the mod
    (which is a "Crusades variant" of Final Heater_xxxx_Diff).

Another alternative is to employ the models which are compatible with the irish texture,

Those are: the merchant cavalry models from the british mod (tested).

The problem with the second solution is that those models need the Brittain Variant of Final Heater_xxxx_Diff for every faction which has that unit, and I think you dont want to replace those textures because they are used on other units. :hmmm:

A third way is to create another merchant cavalry militia unit for ireland. That unit would employ the merchant cavalry models from the british mod and the
    brittish variant of Final Heater_xxxx_Diff.

regards

Jorge

By the way i've noticed you fixed a similar problem on the Irish General Bodyguard (the early one) using the Saxon texture.

I think the Milan texture is a better choice

regards

Jorge

Jorge35,

Thanks but I'm uploading patch 3.2 to filefront ATM. And am not preparing another patch just for 1 small shield texture

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dave scarface View Post
    Jorge35,

Thanks but I'm uploading patch 3.2 to filefront ATM. And am not preparing another patch just for 1 small shield texture

Dave
    I couldn't blame you for that

Anyway, I should report that the little bug went to Oslo

norwegian units affected are
    -Feudal Knights,
    -Merchant cavalry Militia
    -Generals Bodyguard (early)

I know is too little aside this awesome mod
    Just want to put my two cents.

For norway the fix is easier since the "Teutonic variant" of Final Heater_norway_Diff is compatible with the models used in your mod.
    So it can be used instead of the "Brittania variant" where needed.

edit: -Dismounted Feudal Knights also affected.
    Last edited by Hexdragon; July 07, 2008 at 10:26 AM.

I've attached a little excel sheet with an "inventory" of the attachment set textures (factions, mod variants etc).

Hope it helps.

It was made on the days when I was ingenuous enough to suppose I could add 7 factions on a weekend (gave it up after my first CTD )
    Last edited by Hexdragon; July 08, 2008 at 11:46 PM. Reason: update attachment

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge35 View Post
    I couldn't blame you for that

Anyway, I should report that the little bug went to Oslo

norwegian units affected are
    -Feudal Knights,
    -Merchant cavalry Militia
    -Generals Bodyguard (early)

I know is too little aside this awesome mod
    Just want to put my two cents.

For norway the fix is easier since the "Teutonic variant" of Final Heater_norway_Diff is compatible with the models used in your mod.
    So it can be used instead of the "Brittania variant" where needed.
    A hotfix for this?
    Shogun was chess, vi was chequers rome was tiddlywinks and mtw2 musical chairs." - Swoosh So

Patokay's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Bug reports thread (Version 3.0)

Here is an odd bug for you:

When you click on about 15 different nations in the campaign setup screen the game will ctd without a sound or message.

At least on my system it does. Anyone else?

@Patrick West,

Well 15 faction selections is not that bad. I doubt most people will ever notice this. You can easily fix this though if you like. The problem here is there are to many factions in the imperial_campaign folder. Notice the map TGA's? for example map_ireland. The more of these the worse it gets, in DLV 3 clicks and you get a CTD. This is because the huge amount of factions in both DLV and SS. I would delete the map_papal_states and anyone else you wish not to play.

regards,
    Dave

nemr's Avatar Miles

Last edited by nemr; July 07, 2008 at 09:09 PM. Reason: some error messages in installing mod sloved by reading mod download thread

@dave,

While playing Norway, I have two regions with St. John's Minor Chapter Houses. Both are over 90% Catholic, but I am unable to recruit Knights Hospitaller at either location.

While playing Norway, I have two regions with St. John's Minor Chapter Houses. Both are over 90% Catholic, but I am unable to recruit Knights Hospitaller at either location.
    Sorry, I just checked and it seems that I forgot to add norways ownership to Knights Templars and Knights Hospitallers in the EDU. This will fix the problem.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dave scarface View Post
    Sorry, I just checked and it seems that I forgot to add norways ownership to Knights Templars and Knights Hospitallers in the EDU. This will fix the problem.

Dave
    @dave,

What will fix the problem?:hmmmid you mean to attach a fix or are you working on a fix?

he meant its small problem that anyone can fix for themselves. I'm only assuming this because there was no mention of a hotfix or anything. just go to export_descr_units (EDU), and scroll down until you find the knights templar and hospitaller knights. When you get there look for the line that has a list of factions that can build it (should be a long one), and just add Norway to the end of both. That should solve the problem, but I don't think he's gonna release a new file for that. It you have any trouble pm me and I'll just give u my EDU, which I'm going to alter tonight to address this issue.

I found a bug with the Mongols NOT being able to build one of their pagan temples in the EDB as well (from the system.log):

15:26:08.140 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 5928, column 2
    Building DB error - faction mongols has gap in building prior to giltine_sanctuary (unavailable at level zero)
    15:26:08.140 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 5928, column 2
    Building DB error - faction mongols has gap in building prior to giltine_temple (unavailable at level zero)
    15:26:08.140 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, wooden_castle -> town, temple_giltine_castle[0](c_giltine_altar) -> temple_giltine[0](giltine_altar)

So, go to the export_descr_buildings.txt file and change this:

"giltine_altar city requires factions { lithuania, } and not building_present temple_perkunas and not building_present temple_dievas"

to this:

"giltine_altar city requires factions { lithuania, mongols, } and not building_present temple_perkunas and not building_present temple_dievas"

Later,

Mark

Thanks Mark, another small bug added to the 3.2 fix list!

Dave