Page 10 of 81 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560 ... LastLast

Thread: Technical support thread (Version 4.2 & 4.3)

Default Re: Bug reports thread (Version 3.0)

@Dave

I experienced another crash today using the mongel, the game just crashed when i ordered it to fire at some Hungarians (backstabbing people they are in my Campaign)

@Dave

I've added Norway as an emerging faction to my expanded armericas map (thanks again!), and scripted them to attack Oslo (thanks to GrnEyedDvl for the know how). On the battle map the Generals bodyguard units had no textures (ghostmen).

So I checked this out in a custom battle and both the early and late where fine! However the Knights Templar and Hospitilar had the gostmen riders. Could you give me an idea of how to correct this, I assume the battle_models file needs some changes, but I'm afraid the numbers mean next to nothing to me and I keep getting CTD.

PS. When the Norway army's set up to attack Oslo they set up as close to the walls as possible with their artillery within range of the danish missile units. Did you change the battle AI settings?

@Eothese,

Hang on to the end of the week buddy for the release of a small patch that fixes this bug amongst others.

Dave

Sogesu's Avatar Campidoctor

Yeah..

I also met that bug when playing Norway Campaign. Hope it will be solve soon.

Slanted's Avatar Senator

In my venice campaign I found a few very minor bugs. First is that Peasant Crossbowmen have the picture of Militia Pavise Crossbowmen when you right click on them. And when I loaded the game most recently a previously fine French diplomat had turned completely black. Here are two pics so you know what I am talking about.

This is my first time posting pics on a forum so tell me if this works thanks.

Hi Dave,

when is next update scheduled for release?(can't wait, but will have to)...

looking forward to seeing what new garrison scripts you have inculded and really hoping that this will have the hardest campaign's yet seen....

Have you been able to tweak the merchants?

Cheers
    brousell

@ slanted

Thats odd, I don't think its a KGCM bug, but just some weird anomaly, in regards to the diplomat. It seems like he just lost his skin.

@ brousell

Not really a bug, but I think its due out really soon, like by the end of the week (don't quote me on that though)

@brousell,

Sorry for the delay mate, but the next update will not be rushed out by me. Until I am satisfied that everything is working correctly and there are "no new bugs introduced" the next patch will be held back. I hope you understand my reasons for this. The current version of the mod is very playable in any case. If there were more serious problems, of course I would not delay the release of a fix.

regards,
    Dave

Hi Dave,

I am still having that same issue with freezing while playing Byzantium. It just happened again.

The Western Bridge in Pamplona is impossible to attack from, or go after the attackers on the hill in defense. No cavalry or infantry or artillery (of course artillery) could climb the road (attacking from the west toward Pamplona castle).

Mark

@slanted & BigMac,

I just wonder are you guys both running this mod on Vista? And I assume also that you are both running non english versions? Sorry if I am wrong, just trying to narrow down the problem. The more info I have, the more chance I have of identifying the cause.

@Mark,

Cheers for reporting this!

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; July 23, 2008 at 01:54 AM.

Slanted's Avatar Senator

I run it on vista but I have an english version. I'm from America teh bestest country evar

@dave & pwf224

Cheers guys, looking forward to it...

Hi Dave,

XP. No way I would use Vista...

I have a UK version of M2TW.

XP. No way I would use Vista...
    I plan on never getting Vista either

But won't we need it for games that will only run on DirectX 10 in the future?

WHAT A CON! to force people to leave XP.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; July 24, 2008 at 02:22 AM.

I have found a crash. While laying hotseat on VH/VH with my three brothers my brother, playing as Spain, ambushed a Moorish army. Then the battle prep screen opened up and showed the Moors a the player faction with a glitched Balence of Power button. It was all red even though both armies were evenly matched. He decided to lay this out but it only resulted in the game crahing. It was not isolated as it happened to him during a single-player campaign as the Byzantines when the turks were attacked and he came in as reinforcements, Another hotseat when the HRE attacked venice and him playing as sicily came in as back up. It only hapens when the attack or ambush happens on another faction's turn though. I have also noticed that this ian't always causing the crash.

-EDIT-

Upon further investigation I have noticed that since it is impossible for the player to be AI Reinforcements, or AI ambushers the game crashes. This is not a problem with the mod as I have discovered but a problem with the game itself. I play the English version on
    Vista. By English I mean the langauge. The game is the American build of MTW2K.

Best mod for Kingdoms: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod by Dave Scarface
    Last edited by Saile1230; July 27, 2008 at 09:18 AM. Reason: broken 'P' key

Unfortunately it is not possible for two players to fight each other in a hotseat game. This is something I did push for though, and I had a discussion about this with Caliban (CA Dev) a while back. How it works now is the attacker gets to fight the battle. While the other human has to sit it out and hope the AI wins. Not very good odds.. But aside from this flaw, hotseat games are a lot of fun to play

EDIT: I will have a go at tweaking my mods hotseat settings when I get time.

Dave

Userpro's Avatar =RAE= HostedMod Creator

Maybe important for the AI. The missing section in the descr_strat.txt file:
    "faction_relationships slave, at_war_with norway"
    Visit our TWC M2TW-Kingdoms Hosted Mods Forum for...

!!! RAE Development stopped --- read last Statement here !!!
    M2TW-Kingdoms Mod Creator REDEO AD EXORDIUM ( RAE )
    Progress: 95% internal final beta release - 85% official release
    RAE TWC-Wiki Eagle Standard interview ... RAE.net Homepage ... RAE TWZ-Germany
    Proudly Sega & Steam Boycotter since ETW! See why here or this petition
    Sorry for bad english here, there and in my tutorials > advanced horde invasion & hide/unhide stratmap-ui & Beginners modding

How can I use the process_cq cheat on the Tarabulus region?

Quote Originally Posted by skeletronikel View Post
    How can I use the process_cq cheat on the Tarabulus region?
    I believe that it is process_cq "Tripoli"

Mark