Thread: Sword Sisters: Useless?

Default Sword Sisters: Useless?

Right not I've tried a different approach for my forces. I usually pick a faction to hate at the beginning and then start attacking their peasant parties to sell them as slaves, giving me a large share of profits. It's easier than just fighting any serious enemy and I do it with some inferior weapon just to knock them down.

These peasant parties also include a good number of Peasant Women. Peasant Women have a weak evolution until they turn to Sword Sisters, after lots of fights and training. During my process only a tiny minority ever reached this stage; some of them flee after I recruit them from my prisioners, others perish during the inevitable fight, due to their lack of horses, training and equipment. Eventually a few reached the rank of Sword Sisters.

But my disappointment begins here. Against the first band of Sea Raiders even my Caravan Guards managed to get safe while swinging their poles at them. However, I've lost all my Sword Sisters. All the time the sound I heard the most was of them being hurt, despite their supposedly great skills and heavy armour.

So, the subject of this discussion is... Are Sword Sisters any useful? Hired Blades already do the job well, together with Mercenary Horsemen. I was hoping for a strong individual unit as tough as the Hired Blades, but so far I didn't find it. Have you ever used Sword Sisters to any effect? I think I'll just sell all these Peasants and get a better reward for my job.
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

- Flavius Vegetius Renatus (in Epitoma Rei Militari, ca. 390)

Default Re: Sword Sisters: Useless?

Never got any, but its funny how peasants after some battles get hired blades with better equipment than my character.

Women... what do they know of war...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post

I was going to say that .

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post

I think it sums it up well.
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire le Philosophe View Post
    I think it sums it up well.

we better keep quiet Empress might be listening!

I appear to have gone both deaf and blind.

I've had a coupl e of them in the past- it's rare to get peasants as prisnors - and had some mild success wih them. The two I had eventually died but this was after several battles.

Devoirs The Empress
    The Lordz Modding Collective
    "The LMC expects every modder to do his Duty" - not by Lord Nelson
    "Blow it out your arse." - Halie Satanus
    The Eagle Standard

Yoda Twin's Avatar Vicarius

I didn't know you could recruit prisoners is it a mod your playing?
    I remember using them alot in an .801 mod I had and they were good.
    I find Hired Blades do a great job as heavy infantry.
    Minister for Home Affairs of the Commonwealth v Zentai [2012] HCA 28 per Heydon J at [75]

Analysis should not be diverted by reflections upon the zeal with which the victors at the end of the Second World War punished the defeated for war crimes. The victors were animated by the ideals of the Atlantic Charter and of the United Nations. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights was about to peep over the eastern horizon. But first, they wanted a little hanging.

sabaku_no_gaara's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

You can hire fromyour prisoners, but they don't allways join you, If you have prisoners, just click on "camp" then choose take an action, you should see an option: recruit from your prisoners or something like that.

They don't always join, try fighting a few battles and as the morale improves they might join, but your regular troops won't like it so you will lose morale when you recruit from your prisoners.