Thread: No religon in the mod???

christof139's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default No religon in the mod???

Hi, I noticed that the rligous effects of churches and characters are not shown in the drop down town menus. Are the stats being redone or is the mod not going to have religon??

Not having the effects of religon in the dark and Middle Ages would be a big mistake.

Chris

General_Zavier's Avatar Civis

Default Re: No religon in the mod???

Well, this is a RTW mod. It would be possible to include both hordes and religion if it were ported to BI, but because its RTW neither of these are possible.
    The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth. ~Niels Bohr
    No matter how hard you try, you cannot outwit stupid people.
    ~Anonymous

Romano British AAR
    End of Days AAR
    WRE Migration Campaign AAR
    The Official RTW Screenshot Competition.

By Jove you're right!! Thanx for reminding me about that as I had forgotten. I usually play BI mods but have some RTW mods but haven't played any for some time.

Chris

Jingles's Avatar Praefectus

I'm, pretty sure you can port Religion over to RTW. Chivalry Total War did, even if they haven't included the full scope of religion at the time.

Lord Of The Knights's Avatar Rome Medieval ******

That's right,including religions in RTW Mods is easy,i will add religions in the next RM version.

I thought I saw religon in a RTW mod, and BI and BI mods such as EoD etc. have it.

I guess I opened by big mouth to soon though. Also, maybe the efects of religon could be tuned down a bit in some regions and tuned up a bit in others. Examples: Tune down religon a bit in the Steppe regions and tune it up a bit in SOME but not all European and Holy Land regions. Surprisingly, there weren't any large popular revolts against the Crusader States by Muslims, since the majority of the population in those states was Christian of various sects, and the western Christian lords of those states were very lenient to their Muslim population after - the the initial invasion and conquest that is - and the taxes I do believe were less than in neighboring Islamic states. At first there was an exodus of Muslims from the new Crusader states, but then as time went on, Muslim merchants and peasants realized that taxes were less in the Crusader states and the laws were more lenient, so many Muslims came to live and settle in the new Crusader states. Things like this also happened between the Byzantines and the Turks, with people regularily switching sides.

The region of Jerusalem, maybe should have less of a religous effect and unrest against the occupying power, since Jerusalem was holy to everyone.

I think religous effects may be a tad bit overdone in the vanilla MTW1 game, but it is not too bad.

Maybe only certain 'homeland' provinces should have more of a religous affect on other provinces and subsequent effects. For instance, say Muslims conquer a province in southern France or northern Spain, then there would be a better chance of Christian unrest, rioting, and maybe even a popular revolt, and the same applies if Christian forces captured Egypt with the Muslim population having a better chance to be unrestful and revolt. I don't know and think that religous affects and effects can be made region/city spefic though. Someone that knows the game engine and codding well would know this.

Chris
    Last edited by christof139; May 28, 2008 at 05:41 PM.