Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: "The Emergence of Modern Warfare-1861"

Kshatriya Warrior's Avatar Tiro

Icon3 "The Emergence of Modern Warfare-1861"

This is actually a merging mod between the passenger and me, it is the same mod, moderators I ask you to please close passengers older mod and this thread will be the new mod thread.
    Factions:

United States of America

Confederate States of America

The British Empire

Empire of Mexico

Empire of France

Prussian Empire

Austro-Hungarian Empire

Ottoman Empire

Navajo

Sioux

West Africa (We will probably change this later, we need information)

Qajar Dynasty

The Netherlands

Belgium

Swedish Empire

Norway

Grenadine Confederation

Italy

Brazilian Empire

The Spanish Empire

The Russian Empire

Cheyenne

Pawnee

Cherokee

Comanche

Portugal

Peruvian Republic

Unplayable factions:

Apache

Paiute

Bannock

Shoshone

Crow

Blackfoot

Kiowa

Nez Perce

Chickasaw

Choctaw

Creek

Seminole

Osage

Rebels

Switzerland

Non playable, Emerging Factions:

Canada

Here is a map of the Mod. (These are not the actual provinces)

Mod time- 1861-1881 (12 turns per year)

Anyway, me and the passenger are planning to make this mod historically inspired and based on historical characters, but it is not our top priority.

We will need researchers who will contribute information to this mod here and there, it will be very helpful, hopefully we will have all the research done by the date empire come out, and Modelers!!

Here is some pictures of Civil War soldiers.

Here is soldier of the Confederate States of America (CSA) (Trained men), in military uniform

Here is another soldier of the the Confederate States of America (Militia, untrained, all of these militia had Ancient Flintlock Muskets-with bayonet), in civilian frock uniform (from Tennessee)

Here is a union Drummer, Fifer, and Bugler (Don't mind their height )

Georgian Cavalry rider sitting on a seat (in uniform)

Johnie , from South Carolina who operates artillery

Last edited by Kshatriya Warrior; June 03, 2008 at 03:32 PM.

Default Re: "The Emergence of Modern Warfare-1861"

Great mod idea!!

Will Japan be included?
    How great is he who gains the world but loses their soul? :hmmm:

Aloicias's Avatar Senator

Comanche - Horse lords of the Southern Plains

They wore what they raided, wore European and native headgear both male and female. Almost comical but its hard to laugh when your running for your life.

Thank you Aloicias, are you interested in researching the native American tribes?
    Last edited by Kshatriya Warrior; May 22, 2008 at 03:37 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

from this website: www.totalwar.org.pl

American Civil War 1861-65: Union troops

American Civil War 1861-65: Volunteer Militia

American Civil War 1861-65: Confederate troops

This looks very promising Glad you took everyone's advice to wait for Empire to come out. We will have to wait and see if you can circumnavigate. If so you will deffinatelly want to extend the map all the way around the world. Even if you can't circumnavigate you may want to go east more to include atleast some of India. Though we do need to see how big we can make a map be for Empire. Good luck!

These pictures are excellent, thank you!

If I could rep you guys, I would (I need 50 posts, almost there), but thank you anyway.

Lunes, I'm thinking about including Japan, India and China and the Korean Empire in my mod, I'll have the new map done soon, maybe tomorrow.
    Last edited by Kshatriya Warrior; May 21, 2008 at 07:17 PM.

Aloicias's Avatar Senator

Im currently doing research for The Frontier. I also have plans for a mini mod for the native factions to fix the inevidable blunders. (I dont know, CA may prove me wrong. Im not saying that they are going to screw it up, I just dont have much confidence in native american depiction in all forms of media.) But to answer your question, yes, but Ill probably wont be available for some time.

Note: The Cherokee faction should be allied with the Confederacy. They represent the imigrant tribes fairly new to the plains with their old world training (French and English). Stand Watie (Cherokee Confederate general) was winning the war in Oklahoma, and tieing up alot of resources, here out west for the Union. He was supposed to be the last general to surrender. The Cherokee IMO have always been an independant faction, and should be included in any mod at any time located in North America. Alot of the other tribes are smashed by now and not doing real well.
    Last edited by Aloicias; May 21, 2008 at 07:20 PM.

The CSA will have a key advantage:

They will have very experienced and very powerful generals

They're generals are usually going to have an 7-10 stars, General Lee of the South will have 9 stars of command.

Also, the Southern soldiers will have units with 5-9 experience levels for the starting armies, they will also be able to recruit Indians like the Cherokee at a very cheap price. Also, armies that the south recruits will have extra bonus experience.

Sounds like a good idea

I have updated the factions

Check it out

Here is a samurai of the 1860's

This rifle was the mainstay weapon of Japanese Ranged Infantry (called the Henry Blue rifle)

The Samarai will have remarkable speed and power (in attack) and heavily armored compared to other infantry and Excellent morale but will be expensive and will be vulnerable to gattling guns and machine guns and late game units.

This research is obsolete, I have updated the map.
    Last edited by Empress Meg; May 27, 2008 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Double Post.

I think that maybe you're giving the Confederates an unfair advantage. By and large Union infantry were just as good as their Confederate counterparts, they were just used improperly by those who led them. Additionally I don't think that Southern generals should start off with so many stars. I mean yes Lee and Longstreet stand out as superb leaders, but only really when compared to their adversaries. Early on in the war most Union generals were political appointees (mostly in the Eastern Theater) with little to no experience, and thus were generally speaking beaten time and again. Whereas later in the war (and in the Western Theater of operations) the Union Army was generally able to go toe to toe with the Confederates and best them on a number of occasions.

I'm not saying make the Confederates impotent, just make them realistic in the global scheme of things. I dunno, this is just my humble opinion as a historian, I understand that this is for a game. As a compromise you may consider making the Confederate economy very weak, so that that way their solid armies are offset by a pitiful economy. Whereas the northern states have a very strong economy with a decent army, and weak leadership (depending on when the game starts).
    Look back over the past, with its changing empires that rose and fell, and you can foresee the future, too.

-Marcus Aurelius

Hey, nice comment, anyway,

In this actual mod, the North will have a military twice as large as the South, and the economy of the North will be 4X times stronger than the South and will have better arms and armor, this is very unfair, so I have said that the south will receive outstanding, brilliant generals and will also receive well trained men, (which is true)
    Also, the south will have no navy at the starting of the war, the North will begin with a large navy. Also, the south will start out with a small amount of railroads compared to the North and the cities of the south will be harder to manage and keep public order (because of slaves).

In addition, the North will receive General Sherman Grant (8 stars in 1862)
    Last edited by Kshatriya Warrior; May 21, 2008 at 08:52 PM.

Ok, awesome, like I said just trying to keep things as historically accurate as I can. I look forward to hearing more about this.
    Look back over the past, with its changing empires that rose and fell, and you can foresee the future, too.

-Marcus Aurelius

In addition , when Lincoln launched the Emancipation Proclamation in 1863, Lincoln had 252,000 african american soldiers enlist into his army. In this actual mod, he will recieve 2 stacks of armies led by generals, and the Union will continuously receive soldiers because of immigrant soldiers, and money from Europe as European Support.
    Last edited by Kshatriya Warrior; May 21, 2008 at 09:18 PM.

That's a nice touch. Be careful with the black troops though, by and large most of them didn't see combat, or were relegated to labor duty.

-Marcus Aurelius

In order to compensate for this, the north will receive 3 star-5 star generals until grant's rise in 1862.

That sounds about right, like I said the leadership in the East was largely dismal until mid 1863. However, in the West the Union forces trounced the Confederates by and large.

-Marcus Aurelius

Do you want to do some research for this mod, like the Empire of Mexico or whatever faction you want to research?

Yeah, I can do a bit here and there in my spare time. I've got a lot going on at the moment, but just give me a faction and I'll see what I can do. I mostly have a focus on European history (I loved American history as a kid/teenager, so I am a master at that as well), but I'm knowledgeable about most other regions in the world. So, just let me know which factions

-Marcus Aurelius

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast