Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: a few questions

Laelius's Avatar Laetus

Default a few questions

Frodo
    will frodo be an agent, an army, a priest... ect or will frodo be frodo a new kind of unit that u can only add heros to and that can pass through armys ect...
    also who's side will frodo be on.. can u control him or will he just move around on his own.. if so then the fellowship will be hard.. maybe frodo should be his own faction that any light factions can ally to and add heroes to his retinue.
    maybe frodo should be on the battle fields of battles near him on the campain map and he has to sneek from one side of the battle map to the other and if he gets caught that side gets the ring...

victory conditions
    what will they be? if sauron gets the ring he wins?
    when aragorn became king he did not go and kill all the hobbits and gain total domination of middle earth, so may be you and your allys must control the whole map...

starting diplo
    maybe it would be a cool idea to have people starting with allainces eg: mordor allies with isengard...

sorry for being a pain, i'm just really look forward to this mod and becoming addicted to info on it.

bingster088's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: a few questions

A lot of your questions are in other threads, but...
    I just don't think Frodo should be in the game. He's definitely not a warrior, but i suppose he could pass as an agent.

Laelius's Avatar Laetus

ok thanks

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

I think if the One Ring is going to be a part of this mod then Frodo will have to be a warrior. Possible with Sam as an officer in his unit and hobbit sherrifs make up the rest of the unit. If Frodo is an agent and he starts with the Ring then he can't be killed so he'll have the Ring the whole time just walking around until someone wins

Laelius's Avatar Laetus

yes.. i see your point there... that would be a problem

Of course he could be killed... remember assassins?
    "He is suffering from Politician's Logic: 'Something must be done, this is something, therefore we must do it.'"
    - Yes, Prime Minister

Colonel Cleg McLeg's Avatar Decanus
    Cardiff or Wrexham, in Wales, depending on the time of year.

And this is why the Fellowship should be left out...

bingster088's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cleg McLeg View Post
    And this is why the Fellowship should be left out...
    I sort of agree. I think all the heroes should be in it, just not the 4 hobbits.
    Last edited by bingster088; May 21, 2008 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Froody View Post
    Of course he could be killed... remember assassins?
    Well think about it. If an assasin killed him the only logical person who could get the Ring would be the assasin and you wouldn't be able to kill him. So then he'd be walking around with the Ring until someone wins

Hm, that's true... I agree then, Fellowship should be left out... it wouldn't be very 'Total War'-ish to end the great war by tossing a ring into a mountain with some sort of agent...
    "He is suffering from Politician's Logic: 'Something must be done, this is something, therefore we must do it.'"
    - Yes, Prime Minister

Laelius's Avatar Laetus

maybe frodo should be in some of the histroical battles but not the campain..

Glorfindel's Avatar Centenarius

or maybe this mod starts with frodo's death and the ring is lost (for some reason) so sauron isn't that powerful and we don't have to worry about agents
    Glorfindel, the Lord of the House of the Golden Flower

...Glorfindel was tall and straight, his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of joy, his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music, on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was strength...

... the Elven-wise, lords of the Eldar from beyond the furthest seas. They do not fear the Ringwraiths, for those who have dwelt in the Blessed Realm live at once in both worlds, and against both the Seen and the Unseen they have great power...

I don't remember Frodo dying in the book. I know this mod is about fighting the War of the Ring the way you would do it but I think it should be the same as the book up until the mod starts

Glorfindel's Avatar Centenarius

i didn't say that it is in books...
    Glorfindel, the Lord of the House of the Golden Flower

...Glorfindel was tall and straight, his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of joy, his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music, on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was strength...

... the Elven-wise, lords of the Eldar from beyond the furthest seas. They do not fear the Ringwraiths, for those who have dwelt in the Blessed Realm live at once in both worlds, and against both the Seen and the Unseen they have great power...

Why not just leave Frodo out of it? The fellowship story goes on around you, you're just fighting battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Shyam Popat View Post
    Why not just leave Frodo out of it? The fellowship story goes on around you, you're just fighting battles.
    agreed
    Son of _Pontifex_Father to Mithrandir
    - Citizen, Artifex, Civitate - Librarian

Third Age: Total War - Most Promising Mod of 2008
    2D Graphical Artist & Moderator

The Sixth Wizard's Avatar Semisalis

Idea:

Make Frodo a heretic who can move quite a decent distance.

Then script in that when a priest attacks Frodo, he dies and the priest becomes the heretic (the priest becomes the one with the ring).

Eh? Priests can be main characters.

If Mordor is the faction that kills Frodo, both Frodo and the priest die and Sauron gets a massive cash boost per turn. Any other faction: you've just got yourself an invisible heretic, buddy. After all, only one can wield the Ring.

Maybe make him camouflaged and if an army steps on his space he dies instantly... Like when you surround an agent with armies and step on his space, he dies.
    Third Age: Total War! (!!!!)

Varjon's Avatar Praepositus

Could modding team just leave Frodo, Sam, Merry, Pippin and Gollum out from the whole mod . Sorry for being negative for this idea but right now it just seems to be a waste of time and energy to team.

I still want rest of the fellowship in mod, War of the Ring isn't War of the Ring without Aragorn, Gandalf, Legolas and Gimli, maybe even Boromir should be added but that's meaningless right now.
    Last edited by Varjon; May 23, 2008 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varjon View Post
    Could modding team just leave Frodo, Sam, Merry, Pippin and Gollum out from the whole mod . Sorry for being negative for this idea but right now it just seems to be a waste of time and energy to team.

I still want rest of the fellowship in mod, War of the Ring isn't War of the Ring without Aragorn, Gandalf, Legolas and Gimli, maybe even Boromir should be added but that's meaningless right now.
    agreed
    Son of _Pontifex_Father to Mithrandir
    - Citizen, Artifex, Civitate - Librarian

Third Age: Total War - Most Promising Mod of 2008
    2D Graphical Artist & Moderator

Lü Bu's Avatar "Mightyest Man Alive"

i igree with Varjon.right now you must based to main characters.frodo sam gollum can come later.
    Proud patron of Wlesmana
    Assyria Total War
    Check update thread for new HQ models
    My Workshop™

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast