Thread: How to play as the Aztecs in Campaign mode.

Default How to play as the Aztecs in Campaign mode.

Now please don't flame me or anything, and if your game dies on you.... ain't ma fault

Well, I wanted to try the Aztecs, and I just took some guess work and it actually worked!

Okay...

So go to your Medieval 2 Total War folder
    Once in there click on 'data', then 'world', then 'maps', then 'campaign', then 'imperial campaign'.

Then go on descr_strat and cut Aztecs onto playable. This isen't the end, since if you do this and try being Aztecs, your game will crash. Or you will start up with Victory Conditions failed.

Now save the file. If you can't save the file (which I can't). Name it descr_strat2, delete descr_strat, then rename descr_strat2 to descr_strat

Now, go onto 'campaign_script' when you see this:

; ---------------------
    ; start up

Delete Aztecs from there.

Now, go back onto your descr_strat folder (sorry for putting this at the end, but I forgot bout' it)
    Scroll down until you come up with something like this:

faction aztecs, balanced smith
    ai_label default
    denari 50000
    denari_kings_purse 10000
    settlement

Now make sure that your section of this looks exactly the same as the one above. It should have something along the lines of 'Freeze faction' or 'Undiscovered' (unsure which). Just delete them and make sure it looks the same as the one above. I'd recommend you increase the denair_kings_purse a little (by about 5k) so you can maintain your armies.

Warning!
    Every single announcement you get every turn will say 'DO NOT TRANSLATE'
    Also, if you upgrade your walls to Epic Stone Walls. Then you will be no longer able to recruit Aztec Units, so just keep the walls as they are.
    You won't be able to build ships, and will be restricted to only 2 building types. And quite a few Aztec units for recruitment. Since your going to have too wait for the Europeans to discover you for all the fun, your best putting your Campaign Difficulity as Really Hard so they will come.
    And btw, your going to have too click a few hundred times on 'End Turn' until finally the Americas are discovered, and people are able to visit you.
    For an amatuer modder they might be able to figure out how to make the Americas be discovered early, give the Aztecs more buildings, and some ships. I would do this, but I'm a noob at this stuff

If a modder could mod the Aztecs, so they could have ships and some new units + buildings, and the Americas to be discovered early. That would make the Aztecs alot more fun to play with!

Default Re: Tutorial: How to play as the Aztecs in Campaign mode.

If you play the Custom Campaign mod, ALL factions are playable
    This is my signature! There are many like it, but this one is mine!