Thread: "The Revolution has come" Communist America

mongoose's Avatar Domesticus

Default "The Revolution has come" Communist America

I started a doomsday 1.3a game as America in 1936. The first thing I did was randomly change my ministers until my dissent hit 65, at which point the government was overthrown and a communist dictatorship took over. During the rest of the year, I declared war on Portugal and made them into a puppet state while helping Republicans stop the fascists in Spain. I started building up my army, and in July 1937 I now have about 18 divisions of 1936 infantry, 3 tank divisions, and a few new air groups. I guaranteed the independence of Nationalist and Communist China, so I was able to declare war on Japan and join the allies. Germany has yet to join the war. Nothing has happened so far with Japan.

My goals for the future are:

Turn Japan into a puppet state.
    Turn Korea into a puppet state.
    Invade Germany while their armies are in Russia, and then turn them into a puppet state.
    Leave the allies and join comintern.
    Turn Britain and Canada into puppet states.

After that, I plan to conquer the rest of Europe. What is the best way to achieve all of those objectives some time in the next 8-9 years?

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: "The Revolution has come" Communist America

I will eat my own hat if you can fight Britain, France, Germany and Japan at the same time. You will be massively over-stretching your navy, and if you're belligerence gets too high Russia will either get the "Cold war turns hot" event or will declare war of it's own initiative. The game has a mechanism where any overly-aggressive nation gets attacked. (Happened to me as Germany, Russia and the US)

I don't plan on fighting them all at the same time. First I'll fight Japan, puppet them, and then fight Germany, and puppet them. Then I'll back stab the allies. Would that be plausible? By the time I get down to fighting the allies I'll actually have more a lot more I.C. than they will, even if Russia attacks me.

Indefinitely Banned

Japan takes a while to defeat but you'll have to defeat them first to have enough warshis to fight Germany. If Germany's at war with Russia you should have it easy enough to start with. You are unlikely to have finished Japan before Germany goes to war in the west, in which case you'll have to fight alone as britain will not invade Europe (smae with the AI for all the Allies)

I'm willing to accept that. I don't expect to finish all of my goals until the early 50s.

Indefinitely Banned

You got the no time limit patch?

ROFL...

I can't ever imagine the United States becoming Communistic in real life... that goes against what the Founding Fathers intended for the nation.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

I highly doubt USSR would let Communist US join their alliance; since HoI has a nasty habit of not let non-cultural similar countries to be allies.

Axeman's Avatar Praepositus

In situations such as that I feel it is acceptall to use the "acceptall" cheat.

IE: in a game as Mexico I got a communist coup event, unlikely the Soviets wouldn't support me seeing as I am right next to America....

☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌  Copy and paste him
    / \ so as to commit horrible blasphemy!
    If there were a God, I think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt his existence. --Bertrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by The Super Pope View Post
    You got the no time limit patch?
    I neglected to mention that this is armageddon, so I do have until 1963 (though I doubt that I would play for that long).

ROFL...

I can't ever imagine the United States becoming Communistic in real life... that goes against what the Founding Fathers intended for the nation.
    The way I did it was really gamey, too. Some how, I doubt having their foreign minister switched in and out of office a bunch of times would make people angry enough to revolt against their government and establish a communist dictatorship.

I highly doubt USSR would let Communist US join their alliance; since HoI has a nasty habit of not let non-cultural similar countries to be allies.
    That's annoying. Do you think I could at least maybe get a NAP with them? I really, really don't want to have to fight a war in Russia. Nothing in this game is more irritating in this game than fighting Russia or China. Even if you're winning. In fact, especially if you're winning. I hate Siberia.

edit:
    It's just occuring to me now that I've never actually played an HOI game where I had to use a navy. Honestly, I'm not really sure how to go about fighting Japan.
    Last edited by mongoose; May 23, 2008 at 11:09 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

Put your fleets in sea zones the enemy must go through. Carriers are going to be vital against Japan. Battlecruisers and to an extent battleships are unnecessary

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    I started a doomsday 1.3a game as America in 1936. The first thing I did was randomly change my ministers until my dissent hit 65, at which point the government was overthrown and a communist dictatorship took over. During the rest of the year, I declared war on Portugal and made them into a puppet state while helping Republicans stop the fascists in Spain. I started building up my army, and in July 1937 I now have about 18 divisions of 1936 infantry, 3 tank divisions, and a few new air groups. I guaranteed the independence of Nationalist and Communist China, so I was able to declare war on Japan and join the allies. Germany has yet to join the war. Nothing has happened so far with Japan.

My goals for the future are:

Turn Japan into a puppet state.
    Turn Korea into a puppet state.
    Invade Germany while their armies are in Russia, and then turn them into a puppet state.
    Leave the allies and join comintern.
    Turn Britain and Canada into puppet states.

After that, I plan to conquer the rest of Europe. What is the best way to achieve all of those objectives some time in the next 8-9 years?
    when ever i do that partisans take pver my country

Which version are you playing? I've heard that in some patches the event is disabled

1.3 a

Fabolous's Avatar Power breeds Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    The way I did it was really gamey, too. Some how, I doubt having their foreign minister switched in and out of office a bunch of times would make people angry enough to revolt against their government and establish a communist dictatorship.
    I am not really a communist type of guy so I wouldn't pick a communist dictatorship, but I know that would piss me off mightly and I would atleast stage a coup.
    tBP knows how to handle a sword. -Last Crusader

Under the Honorable Patronage of Belisarius
    Formerly Under the Patronage of Simetrical
    Proud Patron of Lusted, Rome AC, Solid, and Dirty Peasant