Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game "freezes" when ending turn

Radiso-FIN's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Game "freezes" when ending turn

So here is the problem:

This problem is in 6.1

When I end turn, the game starts browsings faction symbols as usually, but sometimes the game "freezes" at some faction symbol.

For example I was playing HRE today, I was at turn 78, year 1258 winter, I ended turn and when it reached "Kwarezmian Empire", the game freezed and I had to restart my computer. I tried loading previous save , but I didn't work.

This same problem happened when I was playing as Byzantines, and it ruined my whole campaign!

Normally when I end turn, it takes about one minute to browse all faction symbols.

Anyone had this same problem? Is there anything that can be done to fix it?

My system specs if they will help:
    Intel Pentium4 3,2 GHz
    nVidia GeForce 7600 GT
    1536 MB RAM memory
    Windows XP

I have been thinking of buying a new computer, do you think that now it is time for it?
    Last edited by Radiso-FIN; May 21, 2008 at 11:45 AM.

Default Re: Game "freezes" when ending turn

Many have had CTD'S making there game unplayable, so I would'nt blame your specs right away. Do you have any sub-mods? Maybe some compatibility problems?
    E8400
    4GB DDR2
    HAF932
    Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Hmm... I think I have:
    SSTC+RAJ
    Lusted's new campaign and battle AI, and also that mod which makes battle map mountains better
    Jerusalem order emergement
    Stone forts

I installed SSTC+RAJ when I upgraded 6.0 to 6.1, other mods I didn't re-install
    Last edited by Radiso-FIN; May 21, 2008 at 11:50 AM.

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

I wouldn't go out and buy a new PC just because you get a freeze during a game.

You should have enough memory. a P4 3.2 Ghz CPU should be more than adequate, and a 7600GT is OK as well.

as for why the game freezes - well can you load the autosaved game and see if the same problem occurs?

If it does then if you can post your system log it might help. It could be that there's a random event that effects the Khwarezmians (or someone they are fighting) (are the Mongols still around?) ALso can you toggle_fow in the console to see what is happening when the game freezes?)

(Or it could be some problem with any of the mods you have installed - one of the problems of installing a lot of sub-mods is that there's no way one can guarantee they won't trip over each other (but the makers of sub mods do try and avoid that if at all possible!) or cause a problem with the main SS6.1 installation.)

Icon4 Re: Game "freezes" when ending turn

Quote Originally Posted by Rozanov View Post
    I wouldn't go out and buy a new PC just because you get a freeze during a game.

You should have enough memory. a P4 3.2 Ghz CPU should be more than adequate, and a 7600GT is OK as well.

as for why the game freezes - well can you load the autosaved game and see if the same problem occurs?

If it does then if you can post your system log it might help. It could be that there's a random event that effects the Khwarezmians (or someone they are fighting) (are the Mongols still around?) ALso can you toggle_fow in the console to see what is happening when the game freezes?)
    (Or it could be some problem with any of the mods you have installed - one of the problems of installing a lot of sub-mods is that there's no way one can guarantee they won't trip over each other (but the makers of sub mods do try and avoid that if at all possible!) or cause a problem with the main SS6.1 installation.)
    Alright...
    I lodaded the autosave, pressed end turn, but this time when it reached "The Golden Horde", the game freezed. I had cheated toggle_fow before ending turn, but I didn't see what happened when the game freezed, cos it didn't follow AI characters.

Mongols are still around.

Is system log that, which is located in Medieval 2: Total War folder? It is quite long, so is it enough if I post only last lines?

Code:
    17:03:16.953 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Stainless_Steel/data/text/quotes.txt.strings.bin is missing
    17:03:16.953 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Stainless_Steel/data/text/quotes.txt is missing
    17:03:17.218 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Stainless_Steel/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    17:03:17.234 [system.io] [warning] open: data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds is missing
    17:03:18.546 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Stainless_Steel/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    17:03:19.187 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_symbols_80/slave.tga is missing
    17:03:19.187 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/slave.tga is missing
    17:03:19.218 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_MP_HISTORICAL_BATTLE_CHOOSE_TEAMS.TGA is missing
    17:03:19.234 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/TEXTURES/_M2_MAIN_MENU.TGA is missing
    17:03:20.046 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Stainless_Steel/data/menu/buttons_composite2.tga.dds is missing
    17:03:20.046 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/slider_composite.tga.dds is missing
    17:03:20.046 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/slider_composite2.tga.dds is missing
    17:03:20.046 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold2.tga.dds is missing
    17:03:20.046 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/text_border.tga.dds is missing
    17:03:20.046 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/yellow_highlight.tga.dds is missing
    17:03:20.046 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_selected.tga.dds is missing
    17:03:20.046 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_black.tga.dds is missing
    17:03:20.046 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_Selection_Glow.tga.dds is missing
    17:03:20.046 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/unit_card.tga.dds is missing
    17:03:20.062 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/icons.tga.dds is missing
    I don't understand much of it, but I see that there are lot of
    "[system.io] [warning]"
    things...

Thank You.

Hi Radiso FIN,

Well, unfortuntely the system.log doesn't show any helpful errors, so it would be good if you upload your save-game before the crash happened.
    I will look into all uploaded save-games to find out what causes certain crashes.
    I may not help you very fast, but this mostly helps me to fix such crashes for the next version/patch.

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008

Thank You King Kong! Save game below in rar format. I hope You can fix it and I'll be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiso-FIN View Post
    Alright...
    I lodaded the autosave, pressed end turn, but this time when it reached "The Golden Horde", the game freezed. I had cheated toggle_fow before ending turn, but I didn't see what happened when the game freezed, cos it didn't follow AI characters.

Mongols are still around.

Is system log that, which is located in Medieval 2: Total War folder? It is quite long, so is it enough if I post only last lines?

Code:
    17:03:16.953 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Stainless_Steel/data/text/quotes.txt.strings.bin is missing
    17:03:16.953 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Stainless_Steel/data/text/quotes.txt is missing
    17:03:17.218 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Stainless_Steel/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    17:03:17.234 [system.io] [warning] open: data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds is missing
    17:03:18.546 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Stainless_Steel/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    17:03:19.187 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_symbols_80/slave.tga is missing
    17:03:19.187 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/slave.tga is missing
    17:03:19.218 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_MP_HISTORICAL_BATTLE_CHOOSE_TEAMS.TGA is missing
    17:03:19.234 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/TEXTURES/_M2_MAIN_MENU.TGA is missing
    17:03:20.046 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Stainless_Steel/data/menu/buttons_composite2.tga.dds is missing
    17:03:20.046 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/slider_composite.tga.dds is missing
    17:03:20.046 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/slider_composite2.tga.dds is missing
    17:03:20.046 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold2.tga.dds is missing
    17:03:20.046 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/text_border.tga.dds is missing
    17:03:20.046 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/yellow_highlight.tga.dds is missing
    17:03:20.046 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_selected.tga.dds is missing
    17:03:20.046 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_black.tga.dds is missing
    17:03:20.046 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_Selection_Glow.tga.dds is missing
    17:03:20.046 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/unit_card.tga.dds is missing
    17:03:20.062 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/icons.tga.dds is missing
    I don't understand much of it, but I see that there are lot of
    "[system.io] [warning]"
    things...

Thank You.
    for me you didn't have posted the righ log should go into medival total war folder and into logs folder..... and no in ur medieval folder

i hope it can help

Oh now I see. So this should be the right log:
    Code:
    19:23:22.109 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    19:23:22.125 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Aug  3 2007 version bld-medieval2-kingdoms-104 (45562) ===
    19:23:22.203 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    19:23:22.250 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    19:23:22.312 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    19:23:22.359 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    19:23:22.406 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    19:23:22.421 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    19:23:34.250 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 1007, column 136
    unit(Calivermen) does not match up to the ownership for faction(scotland)
    19:23:34.359 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 2341, column 95
    unit(Scots Guard) does not match up to the ownership for faction(scotland)
    19:23:34.359 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 2359, column 95
    19:23:34.359 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 2378, column 93
    19:23:34.390 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 2457, column 95
    19:23:34.390 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 2477, column 94
    19:23:34.390 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 2498, column 93
    Does it include anything relevant?

this should be much more helpful for example the other log doesn't say anything but this one says that there is a campain script....

ps have you tried to reinstall ? myabe without any submods?

have you tried to reinstall ?
    I was thinking to do so at weekend if I have enough time.
    Or perhaps I should try re-installing it today since it shouldn't take long...
    Last edited by Radiso-FIN; May 23, 2008 at 07:42 AM.

Alright, copied my savegames, uninstalled SS, re-installed, pasted my savegames to saves -folder, loaded the save, pressed "End Turn", reached Kwarezmian Empire.................... and it FREEZED!!!!!!!

And my campaign was going so well.....

Alright, copied my savegames, uninstalled SS, re-installed, pasted my savegames to saves -folder, loaded the save, pressed "End Turn", reached Kwarezmian Empire.................... and it FREEZED!!!!!!!

And my campaign was going so well.....
    maybe try a new campain without submod btw i am really sry for u and i hope KK will find the solution...

i have the same problem but ogs don't show anything how can i do to show more information on log?

btw i have uploaded the savegame can anyone load it and tell me what the log says( i have SS6.1 SSTC+RR)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C74ZIKKJ
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C74ZIKKJ

the freeze happens when mongols were destroyed by kamaziaran empire

Quote Originally Posted by Giovi View Post
    the freeze happens when mongols were destroyed by kamaziaran empire
    Omg are you serious?!!?

Wait! I think I remember now! In my campaign, in which the freeze happened, I cheated toggle fow and I saw that Mongols were besieged by kwarezm and the mongols had only one province left.

So, Mongols should be stronger and we could avoid this freeze!
    Last edited by Radiso-FIN; May 25, 2008 at 04:10 AM.

yeah and i have loaded my savegame on my brother's computer that is so great and after 2 min mongols go in horde but on my poor computer no myabe i have to give to my computer more time......

btw now everything goes well...

Is there anything that I could do to avoid this freeze? Make mongols stronger?:hmmm:

EDIT: Ok saw there is another thread in this Bug reports forum about "freeze" which is caused by kwarezmians destoying mongols.
    So if I understood correctly, mongols go into horde mode, and it takes some time to create those armies. I just have to wait some time for game to create those horde armies, am I right?
    Last edited by Radiso-FIN; May 25, 2008 at 04:25 AM.

omg i have retried on my computer and everything goes well i will try to pass ur turn....... and i will psot the new savegames

myabe i just have bad lucky

Is there anything that I could do to avoid this freeze? Make mongols stronger?:hmmm:

EDIT: Ok saw there is another thread in this Bug reports forum about "freeze" which is caused by kwarezmians destoying mongols.
    So if I understood correctly, mongols go into horde mode, and it takes some time to create those armies. I just have to wait some time for game to create those horde armies, am I right?
    try to wait like 5/6minutes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast