Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Good lord the turn length.....

Default Re: Good lord the turn length.....

Quote Originally Posted by Alxaro View Post
    I take NO credit for this, METALED gave me the file for early era and I'm just including the late era+early era here
    Removing the "foreign princess comes of age" and "faction leader is dead" improves it to a more acceptable time.
    NOTE: the campaing_script is for early era while custom_script is for late era
    Put them in the SS/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign THIS IS EARLY ERA (campaign_script)
    For late era (custom_script) place in:SS/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/Late_Era_Campaign.
    In both cases make backup of the old one first and then overwrite.

Thanks to METALED for this help.
    thanks! i'll test.

Default Wow i got 96% thanks to SS

the time it takes or my turns to pass were really annoying(have lots of submods installed) so i took that time to study and i found it had a great impact on my exams and i got 96% for an religious education test. I was so pleased that i had to tell everyone. now i have an excuse to play SS

btw it takes 5 min 16 secs to pass turn, how long does it take on yours?
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

Default Re: Wow i got 96% thanks to SS

Under a minute, i only have 6.1 without any sub modes

HaveFallen's Avatar Centenarius
    In this Island, surrounded by water. Guam!

NIce!, Like you, I use the time to practice guitar. But your own is far better. I should try it out, too bad no more school...
    If I can't cheat, how will I get through school???

maxstill's Avatar Semisalis

under a minute, with one submod installed

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

40 -45 seconds with Chimaeria's Stuff and follow AI movemnets on. SE congads on your test score & new found studying technique. Now you can really crank up your SS time and maybe throw in some AAR's.
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Erlinggra's Avatar Campidoctor

about one minute. I only have 6.1

wow many of you guys get under a minute!! i had around 2 - 3 minutes when i had only SS6.1 installed but i did and i continue to do late campaign. Do you guys do late or early campaign or is it that you guys have really good computers?

Thanks Mega Tortas, i would do AAR's but they take up to much time and im nearing exam week so maybe when the holidays come up
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

30secs+ lots of mods not follow AI movements

Merged threads.
    Please refrain from starting new threads for subjects already being discussed in the future.
    Artifex
    Under the patronage of King Kong
    Proud patron of y2day and yelowdogg23

yeah sorry about that Chimaeira, i started a thread without thinking

Beware of scoundrels

No worries, I am glad for you
    I should be studying for my final exam now. Instead I am stuck to the forums.

Oh well, one more exam and I am finally free!!!! (To start on my new college and spend another 6 years of studying. )
    Artifex
    Under the patronage of King Kong
    Proud patron of y2day and yelowdogg23

The last time I was able to play SS was during my period of exam revision, so I always had a revision book on hand for when I clicked the "End Turn" button; worked for me, anyway.

I must say it seems to random to be anything that is the mods fault. That is to say, it must be a problem on the players end if some really fast computer are going slow and some really slow computer are going fast. I have a 4 year old computer and I can't hit the minute marker on it.
    I think if you want to figure out what's going wrong; you'd have a better chance listing more info. Perhaps more computer specs.. with a list of mods/submods you have. I just think that'd might help you atleast find the problem... which is one step closer to solving it.

Grimmy's Avatar Ordinarius

I'm having no probs with game turn processing time lengths. I have all the options in video turned up to max. I have AI moves turned off because it annoys me to watch a plethora of agents scurry around all over the map.

Other than that, I have all the options included in the 6.1 patch.

My system is nothing super splendiferous. I have the Intel Q6600 GO with 4 gigs of lowbie Kingston valueram (ddr2 667 iirc) and a BFG 8800GTO on a Vista 32 os.

If you have Vista and haven't done so already, try turning off SideShow. I've gotten some lessening of general sluggishnessness by that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alxaro View Post
    I take NO credit for this, METALED gave me the file for early era and I'm just including the late era+early era here
    Removing the "foreign princess comes of age" and "faction leader is dead" improves it to a more acceptable time.
    NOTE: the campaing_script is for early era while custom_script is for late era
    Put them in the SS/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign THIS IS EARLY ERA (campaign_script)
    For late era (custom_script) place in:SS/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/Late_Era_Campaign.
    In both cases make backup of the old one first and then overwrite.

Thanks to METALED for this help.
    If I ever see Metaled hanging around I'll have to +rep him, that made an impressive dent in the turn length

Quote Originally Posted by Dex View Post
    If I ever see Metaled hanging around I'll have to +rep him, that made an impressive dent in the turn length

btw , my turn length now is less than 8 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfiefang View Post
    I must say it seems to random to be anything that is the mods fault. That is to say, it must be a problem on the players end if some really fast computer are going slow and some really slow computer are going fast. I have a 4 year old computer and I can't hit the minute marker on it.
    I think if you want to figure out what's going wrong; you'd have a better chance listing more info. Perhaps more computer specs.. with a list of mods/submods you have. I just think that'd might help you atleast find the problem... which is one step closer to solving it.
    I have no doubt its a problem on this end, I just don't know what it could be. Other than Part 1, Part 2 and the 6.1 patch, I have no other mods. No follow AI movement and none of the BYG or RR mods, just the core patch. I'm running 2 gigs of RAM and have a 2.2 GHz AMD 9500 Quadcore. I run Europa Barborum on RTW and turn lengths are nothing like this. Did a full defrag yesterday and first turn was 3:47. Heck it sat on Teutonic Knights for a full minute. No anti-virus running during the game either.

Oh and I also removed the foriegn princess comes of age and faction leader dies and no change.

For a list of ideas to speed up the game, go to Europa Barbarum forum and browse the topic "how to speed up EB"...

I think the speed of the game is just as important as content. Ive been trying to get some modders to use alternative means besides superscripting to change the game around.

No matter how good a mod is, eventually you WILL tire of staring at the computer 3-5 mins between turns...plus as the game goes on it slows down even more.

One little trick I do (among many) is to set high priority for MTW...if ya dont know how its easy- ctl+alt+del out of game. rt click on MTW. select set priority. choose high (I stay away from "realtime")

Dont get me wrong...all credit to the modders, and this is not an attack on this wonderful mod. In fact, this letter could apply to just about any of the last years worth of mods.

Oh, by the way...if speeds your thing, check out the custom campaign mod...very good mod using little scripting, although the finances need an overhaul.

Maniacal's Avatar Miles

It takes less than a minute and I'm over 50 turns into my game. (Intel Q6600 2.4 ghz, 2 gigs of RAM)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast