Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Maximus/Ulpianus (II)

Gaius Julius Civilis's Avatar Senator
    Castra Ultra Traiectum - Germania Inferior

Default Re: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Maximus/Ulpianus

Falco is surprised, he had never epected such an honor. He stands up to speak.

"Senators!

I am honoured that you would have me for such an esteemed position as Consul Suffectus. I think there are men far more deserving of this honour than me, but even they seem to think I would be the best choice so I will hereby accept this position for the good of Res Publica."
    YOU ARE THE SENATE - SENATOR PROCVLVS IVNIVS VERVS MINOR - XXX
    PLEBEIAN

Caesar Rex's Avatar Campidoctor

A report arrives from Illyria in the hands of slave owned by the Labienia.
    It is handed to one of the lictors and then passed on to the consul.
    It reads...

Senators of Rome
    I bring you news of Illyria.
    As you know the greeks have betrayed us again.
    I have liberated Segestica and sent the V legio to Cisalpine for further assignment.
    I am recruiting a new legion in Segestica.
    I have decided to name the legio the XVI Flavia.
    Taking the VI Ferrata I intend to move through greek lands to the south to assist in Salona and surrounding areas.
    We encounted over 5000 greeks on route and engaged in battle.
    Losses were minimal and we are moving swiftly along.
    Support is not essential now however I am Romes to command.

Servius Labienus Minor.

Congratulation on your victory Labienus!
    Alistair Yronwood - Lord of Yronwood, Warden of the Stone Way, Blood Royal

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

The Labienii are surely one of the most dedicated families that Rome has ever seen. Their brilliance seems to have been passed down from father to son. Congratulations to Servius Labienus the Younger on his two splendid victories.

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Yes, congratulations to young Labenius.

Now, I must implore the Consul to open a vote on my amendment immediatley as it is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

Gaius Julius Civilis's Avatar Senator
    Castra Ultra Traiectum - Germania Inferior

The motion to regulate legion assignments is passed. 14 in favor, none against, none abstained.
    YOU ARE THE SENATE - SENATOR PROCVLVS IVNIVS VERVS MINOR - XXX
    PLEBEIAN

ooc: sorry I've been away my internet won't load anything, but i found how to get on the internet with excel so it's all good.

IC: congratulations senator Servius

that is a victory to be proud of,

and that has proved what a great man you are going to be.

Philos Sophos's Avatar Protector Domesticus

The senior consul stands up and says with a loud voice.

"Hear me senators.I will use the 4 legions under my command and will go to conquer Aventicum to reveal pressure from Caius and crush the Gauls in that area.Now I request the Consul Suffectus to put this idea on voting."

O Sancta Simplicitas!

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Four legions! That is a terrible overestimation, and those legions could easily be used to strengthen our forces in Illyria or Africa! I will vote no, perhaps veto, a motion with such a wild number of legions.

I propose one new amendment to the Constitution:

I Concerning the power of the Magistrates

I. The Praetors shall have the power of Judicial Review, and shall be allowed to decide if a motion is unconstitutional. This power may only be put into play should a senator of any rank request a Judicial review of any law that has been already passed. This power does not apply to amendments.

NOTE: Unconstitutional shall hereby be defined as against the letter of the Constitution, or against the general interpretation of any clause or Article. For example, passing a law that forbids a tribune to veto is unconstitutional.

II. The Senior Consul shall not be the immediate choice to lead an army. Instead, the senate's automatic candidates shall consist of the Senior and Junior Consuls, as well as the Praetors. Praetors shall be used for minor actions, while consuls shall be used for full wars. Any other senator not holding an office at the same time can also be chosen, as well as retired senators.

The consul is not using all of the legions Marcus Aurelius.
    A plan has already been passed to have legions reassigned to new provinces.
    For this to happen they must first be retrained.
    As my son has said in his report, he has sent the V already to be assigned.
    This way the legions in Transalpine can be retrained and reassigned while the consuls four legions will hold the front line on the gallic side.
    Co-Founder and Leader at Clan Dream (Multi-National Online Gaming Community)

Voice Chat @ Discord

"I am deeply sorry if I expressed my self wrongly,I did not mean to take them all with me...I would need atleast two."
    Last edited by Philos Sophos; June 02, 2008 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Me not noobish,me uber-pwner

O Sancta Simplicitas!

A letter arrives...

Senators,

I heard about the motion here presented.

I disagree about your points, Tribune Lepidus. First of all we will cut the red tape if we eliminate the distinction in II. between "minor" duties and the rest. Define "minor" duties!

The Senate shall choose freely by legal majority who will command, and the way they'll command. I'll only agree if you take that part out.
    Last edited by Marie Louise von Preussen; June 02, 2008 at 03:27 PM.
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

- Flavius Vegetius Renatus (in Epitoma Rei Militari, ca. 390)

There is no shame Tiberius Octavius.
    You will take the four legions.
    You have to secure the whole of transalpine with those legions and currently there are two cities and a fort plus you have the taking of Aventicum.
    So your legions will be well used.
    THERE WILL BE NO TRIAL.
    Co-Founder and Leader at Clan Dream (Multi-National Online Gaming Community)

Voice Chat @ Discord

Winter's Avatar Civitate

How senator Ahala heard of this motion so quickly I haven't the foggiest clue, but I would be willing to remove the "minor and major" duties clause.

The slave who delivered the letter says: The household slaves of Ahala are quick and swift. They keep him informed about what goes here and use an expensive postal service through the Tyrrhenian Sea and the Adriatic.

------

ooc: alas, I couldn't avoid a comment on this issue .
    Last edited by Marie Louise von Preussen; June 02, 2008 at 03:57 PM.
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

- Flavius Vegetius Renatus (in Epitoma Rei Militari, ca. 390)

OOC:: is this your first try of senior consul
    IC:
    "Tiberius you are the consul just because one senator has disagreed with your suggestion doesn't mean you should go back on what you have said, you need to be strong. if you think you will need four legions, take them"

Winter's Avatar Civitate

The Consul is a servant of the Senate, and not an executive unto himself. You would do well to avoid advising Consuls to start conflicts with the Senate.

"i would like you to retain youself from insulting me,

I did not mean to tell him to against the senate wishes. i mean't just because one/you disagree, he should not go from 4 legions to err i mean, two he needs to be strong and see what the rest of the senate thinks then if they are all against the idea then he should reduced the amount of legions suggested but my point was that he should not changed his mind, straight after someone is against his idea."
    Last edited by Born To Folk; June 02, 2008 at 04:40 PM.

"I may sound unreasonable,but my plan is well made...If we crush the Gauls fast,we won't see any invasion from them for a long time and we could send those legions to the Greek front.But for that,I need more legions because the more legions I have,the less time would take to crush thoose barbarian dogs.But to keep Italy safe,I will leave 1 legion to Italy to be ready if the Greek front would fall and go with 3 legions...3 is the number that cant be made smaller.I hope you now understand me,dear senator."

O Sancta Simplicitas!

Caesar stands

People let us be rational four legions is far too many for Gauls barbarians with little or no organiztion! I agree with lepidus and his motions and support them oturight!
    Alistair Yronwood - Lord of Yronwood, Warden of the Stone Way, Blood Royal

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "