Thread: Graphical Glitches

Titus's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Graphical Glitches

Found a bug while playing a custom battle. Budian calvary axe missing here is a pic. I hope its not because of a bad download. And I did download the new fix installer.

Default Re: ROP v2.2 bug reports

Nope that's a bug indeed - I will look into it and fix the model asap Thanks!
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

Lead developer of:

Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

I found a few bugs:

1-the mada elite infantry are assaulting my men with the butt ends of their spears, rather than the tip.
    2-fatal CTD when starting any battle with Indian elephant archers (elephant javlineers look good)
    3-same as above concerning the budians

Will look into these issues asap, thanks for finding them

Lead developer of:

Don't know if this should be posted as a bug, but, the problem is again the Egyptians chariots, they are armed with bows, are supposed to fire arrows with them, still they have the spear throwing and still throw spears, this in incorrect, as they should fire arrows (with the bows of course). Hope you fix this in patch or something.

Paul d's Avatar Praepositus

Arizantian spearmen have a messed up model/animation. when they attack, they use the butt of their spears, with the point facing behind them.
    I suggest giving them the same animation as the parsa Arstibara as well- looks much better for their unit type (that being, unshielded elite spearmen)

in addition, the makedonian Xipherai have spears. they seem to wield them like swords as well. perhaps a model jumble?

another one: the backs of the makedonian hoplite (the one with the goat on his shield) is black.

The Budian archers also have invisible pick handles, as shown above on the cavalry.

there are quite a few graphical bugs for the newly added stuff, but aside from that, its a very good update. i'm eager to try my luck at a persian empire.
    Last edited by Paul d; May 12, 2008 at 09:43 PM.

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

don't forget, the aspiditai look like they impaled themselves on their spears (right under the chin to be exact), and the spear is exiting from the left temple. the Xipherai do indeed fight with spears like swords, and the javelin elephants have howdahs (I consider that to be a bug-howdah's are a 3rd century BC invention. they sould ride it like horses). I find all that to be amusing, but annoying to an extreme. and the Hetairoi have...issues(not a bug, just that they are unbelievably awesome). the mod overall is lice ridden, but its far more enjoyable than last time (and that was already great). keep up the good work

I found a Makedon General bug.

If you use all your ranged ammunition and switch to melee it will show your General(only the General, not the rest of his bodyguards) without a weapon.

Also, was it intentional to build conflicting politicial buildings in a settlement? Like M and O buildings for Makedon?
    Last edited by Forsworn; May 13, 2008 at 11:06 AM.

Yeah it's intentional, though there's only one building deciding the current politics at all times and that's the highest level building. We plan to implement a far more thorough system in new versions so we're open to all suggestions

Noted the general bug, will be fixed, thanx

EDIT: The bugs above this post have been fixed in the ROP v2.21 hotfix, except the General which does only have one weapon, which is a vanilla issue afaik
    Last edited by Nero666; May 20, 2008 at 02:01 AM.

Lead developer of: