Thread: ctd

Default ctd

i was having a battle on a field in Spain

with Legio II Avgsta agaisnt some spaniards ... in the middle of the battle it ctd and i hadnt saved for like 15 turns....

but this happened before on my pergamum game

any idea what the problem

i have autosave disabled

Default Re: ctd

help?

Nellup's Avatar Campidoctor

Perhaps your video card is overheating?
    "A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something" - Plato

never happened before and after it ctd i played Europa Universalis for like a hour and then i played Counter strike source for another hour so i don't think it has to do with technical stuff

Which units were in the battle?
    "A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something" - Plato

10 Legio II Avgsta cohorts
    1 first cohort
    4 legionary cavalry
    2 onagers
    1 general

None of those units have known problems, do you know which units were on the enemy side?

im sure how many but they had a lot of Caetri or something( the carthegianian infantry with funny helmets that shoot pilums like romans)

and some barbarian cavalry

I'm not sure then, is it a repeatable CTD (i.e. can you make it happen again, in exactly the same situation)? If not, then it might just be one of RTW's random quirks.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Make sure you've got nothing running in the background (services) that could interfere with the game.

I use Advanced Windows Care Personal ( http://www.iobit.com/advancedwindows...l?Str=download ). I used to use msconfig to identify the services that are running but find this product easy to use. It's free for personal use.

I've also been told to stop anti-virus and firewall programs from running but as my desktop is permanently attached to broadband I won't do this.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here