Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evil or Good????

Default Evil or Good????

I wonder if they will implement evil or good like religion was in mtw2. Like a wizard can promote good and denounce evil warlocks or something like that.

Default Re: Evil or Good????

That's actually not a bad idea... the conflict between two religions was the central issue leading to the downfall of Numenor, after all.
    "He is suffering from Politician's Logic: 'Something must be done, this is something, therefore we must do it.'"
    - Yes, Prime Minister

bingster088's Avatar Tiro

Yeah, great idea.

I LIKE IT!!
    We do need to have some sort of "religion". Evil or Good is a great idea!

Lü Bu's Avatar "Mightyest Man Alive"

you have good ideas and i like them
    keep going with them!
    Proud patron of Wlesmana
    Assyria Total War
    Check update thread for new HQ models
    My Workshop™

Varjon's Avatar Praepositus

But think that there should be some kind of religion for at least to evil. Evil people could have temple of Morgoth or something like that as a religious building.

EDIT: In LotR was sayed that people in south and east worshipped Morgoth in temples.
    Last edited by Varjon; May 19, 2008 at 08:34 AM.

Maybe don't call it a religion, but rather 'hope' or something like that. Say a settlement has 70% 'good' 'hope', most of the population believes that Good will triumph over Evil. That of course means improved public order in good settlements, while decreased public order in settlements full of Orcs. You could spread it with banner carriers or wizards.

On the other hand, 'evil hope' (thats not how it should be called ingame, of course ^^) means the settlement is convinced that evil is stronger than Good, with the appropiate effects. It could be spread by wizards, evil messengers like the Mouth of Sauron or Wormtongue, or by Nazgûl.
    Last edited by Count Froody; May 19, 2008 at 07:44 AM.
    "He is suffering from Politician's Logic: 'Something must be done, this is something, therefore we must do it.'"
    - Yes, Prime Minister

Mithrandir's Avatar Flame of Anor

Quote Originally Posted by Count Froody View Post
    Maybe don't call it a religion, but rather 'hope' or something like that. Say a settlement has 70% 'good' 'hope', most of the population believes that Good will triumph over Evil. That of course means improved public order in good settlements, while decreased public order in settlements full of Orcs. You could spread it with banner carriers or wizards.

On the other hand, 'evil hope' (thats not how it should be called ingame, of course ^^) means the settlement is convinced that evil is stronger than Good, with the appropiate effects. It could be spread by wizards, evil messengers like the Mouth of Sauron or Wormtongue, or by Nazgûl.
    Well, there weren't a lot of Wizards in LOTR, so the banner carrier or at least some form of a missionary sounds better to me.
    Or, you could raise the "hope" of all your cities when you win important battles, claim certain regions or achieve Heroic Victories. Hope is hard to spread with other methods than triumph over enemies (unless you're Gandalf) and personally, I'd think it would be a really neat feature.

Under the patronage of
    Code_Knight

I agree with this. Really good idea!

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

CK23's Avatar Campidoctor

That'd be really nice. I love it.

Instead of making an entirely new unit just basically use a priest and make them basically good priest bad priest...heh instead of coming up with wizards and such.
    Rabble rousing, Pleb Commander CK23

maybe not a culture, because we should have orcish, elvish, men, etc.. for cultures, but we could always put a good or evil trait, what do you guys think?
    Son of _Pontifex_Father to Mithrandir
    - Citizen, Artifex, Civitate - Librarian

Third Age: Total War - Most Promising Mod of 2008
    2D Graphical Artist & Moderator

I like the idea of hope vs. despair. The capital of Rohan would be filled with despair under the possessed King Theoden.
    Heir to Noble Savage in the Imperial House of Wilpuri

Exactly

I don't know ho to call the opposite of hope in this context, though... since it must have a positive effect on evil settlements' public order, I don't know if despair is the right word.
    - Yes, Prime Minister

interesting ideas, but we need to find a way to implement them into the game, hope and despair would be very complex. But good and evil traits is defiantly do-able.

Why would it be complex, you just have to rename Catholicism and Islam, give them new symbolys and give one of them to the Evil guys, one to the good guys ^^ (don't know much about modding, though, are the religions moddable?) Maybe a new 'messenger' model for good and evil factions would be needed tp spread them, because priests aren't exactly right.
    - Yes, Prime Minister

Quote Originally Posted by Code_Knight View Post
    interesting ideas, but we need to find a way to implement them into the game, hope and despair would be very complex. But good and evil traits is defiantly do-able.
    What about giving the faction leader a trait (similar to Faction Zeal in SS)
    that boosts or decreases happiness in every settlement? The trait will be positive if you win battles/take over major settlements, and negative if you lose etc. You could call it Faction/People Hope: High, Medium, Low and Very High/Low.

Under the patronage of
    Code_Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir the Istari View Post
    What about giving the faction leader a trait (similar to Faction Zeal in SS)
    that boosts or decreases happiness in every settlement? The trait will be positive if you win battles/take over major settlements, and negative if you lose etc. You could call it Faction/People Hope: High, Medium, Low and Very High/Low.
    sounds good to me. I haven't played SS much, how does this feature play, is it a good one, bad one?

Quote Originally Posted by Code_Knight View Post
    sounds good to me. I haven't played SS much, how does this feature play, is it a good one, bad one?
    I think it's a good feature, but the best way to tell is of course to play SS
    I suggest you get it (6.1) and check it out. Their army supply system could be incorporated into TATW as well, that's another nice feature.
    Last edited by Mithrandir; May 25, 2008 at 04:56 PM.

Under the patronage of
    Code_Knight

The Big Red 1's Avatar Primicerius

Are you able to mod the game to be like it was in Rome:Total war where you can change between religious buildings and religion
    Because I want to make Gondor Worship Morgoth!?

I'm not sure it's doable though and it defiantly wouldn't follow lore.

Also you could do religions it the way the fourth age TNS did it.
    They had, Shadow Cult(should be changed to like Morgothian Cult) Men of the West, and a Barbarian one called "Evil Men"
    HONEY I AM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Red 1 View Post
    Are you able to mod the game to be like it was in Rome:Total war where you can change between religious buildings and religion
    Because I want to make Gondor Worship Morgoth!?

I'm not sure it's doable though and it defiantly wouldn't follow lore.

Also you could do religions it the way the fourth age TNS did it.
    They had, Shadow Cult(should be changed to like Morgothian Cult) Men of the West, and a Barbarian one called "Evil Men"

Religion < Culture

I know Code_Knight agrees

Under the patronage of
    Code_Knight

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast