• install version 6 gold

15 57.69%
  • waith for version 7 to come out

11 42.31%

Thread: RTR 6 VS RTR 7?

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

Default RTR 6 VS RTR 7?

so i am reading on the forum there s going to be a version 7 of RTR. now my question is should i install RTR 6 ore just wait for version 7 to come out?
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Default Re: RTR 6 VS RTR 7?

No, RTR 7 will be a whole new mod and it will not be an addon to RTR 6.
    It will require a fresh install.

wow i didn't read the question right, i would go ahead and install it because 7 won't be out for some time.
    Last edited by RadD; May 18, 2008 at 10:04 AM.

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by RadD View Post
    No, RTR 7 will be a whole new mod and it will not be an addon to RTR 6.
    It will require a fresh install.
    i know it will require a fresh install but should i wait for rtr7 to com out ore just play rtr6?

edit : oke man thx
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Eh, what a heck, I`ll vote. Question is: will you really follow the result of the vote as it turns out?
    Last edited by florin80; May 18, 2008 at 12:45 PM.

Mikail Mengsk's Avatar Primicerius

install and play the 6 until the 7 comes out! ;-)

If you install RTRPE (mod switch version) yu can play that until RTR VII is released and it wont require a fresh install.

However, if you want aflavour of RTR VII, try TIC. Its set in Iberia and puts the Carthaginians against the Celtiberians.

RTR VII is being pieced together like a jigsaw. There will be more campaigns released until the grand campaign is completed. The reason for the smaller campaigns are, to enable the completion of factions and certain features which are then carried into the grand campaign, but which give you the chance to play a mod while waiting.
    Semi-Retired RTR Developer and Researcher
    Dont get into a fight if there is nothing to win

I agree with CoS... RTRPE, RTRVII and TIC can all be installed in the same folder.

And if you have RTW-BI you should get ExRM 3.3 by Quinn Inuit (insteat of RTRPE)... It's based on PE but with some large chages to make more use of BI functions (like added: Epirus, Britannia and Galatia for example). You can get it here

My advice would be to install RTR VII: The Iberian Conflict (also known as TIC). If you like it, then look into the various RTR 6 mods, which there are many of. Basically, RTR 6 Platinum Edition (also known as RTRPE) is the base mod but there are around a dozen mods that build off of it, which can become very confusing if you are new to RTR.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

3) my own mini-mod

RTR7 will be nice, but from what I have seen in TIC, I'll have to mod it too.....
    ________
    Aromed vaporiser
    Last edited by AqD; September 20, 2011 at 06:55 AM.

Delvecchio1975's Avatar Primicerius

don't install RTR gold, RTR plantinum is a newer and much better version. I like it more than TIC, and RTR7 isn't about to come out any time soon i think. definitely try ExRM on top of RTRPE (platimum), it's da bomb.

TIC is really fun!

But it is not very replayeble, unles you wait for three weeks or so and then try it again...

HouseOfHam's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by aqd View Post
    3) my own mini-mod

RTR7 will be nice, but from what I have seen in TIC, I'll have to mod it too.....
    To make it more unrealistic?
    RTR website/SVN admin

- Settlement coordinate locator -for RTW/M2TW
    - EDB Validator v1.2.8 (Oct 16, 2012) - for RTW/M2TW
    - RTW scripting tutorials
    - n-turns per year script generator

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by HouseOfHam View Post
    To make it more unrealistic?
    Not necessarily. Unrealistic things (the parthians from crusades) were added only after I got bored with the typical tactics

To me the original RTR is simply not realistic enough:
    1) for battle (4/5 score): unit morale is too high, and arrow speed is too low.
    2) for campaign (1/5): recruitment is slow even for levies; cities and populations develop/grow really too fast, and prolonged wars have no effect on them at all. It's a common problem for all mods I have tried, so I decided to try to fix it by myself.
    ________
    Vaporizer forums

And... Did you have succes?

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by PatricianS View Post
    And... Did you have succes?
    Partially.

1) Unit morale is reduced, nearly as low as vanilla RTW's; and this makes barbarian units more difficult to use. Weapons lethality is also reduced by half or more, and missile attack is lowered.

2) Arrows are divided into 4 classes by speed; western archers use the same old arrow, but eastern archers have better. The fastest one is 50% faster than old arrow. Fire ranges are also re-calculated from arrow speed.

3) 0 turn recruitment for many units: special regional cavalry, cheap infantry and legionaries. It gives romans an unfair advantage though.

4) Population growth is reduced. In most regions minor city cannot be developed natually (without farm & sewer), and spreading plauge can easily destroy a whole faction in a few years. It's not realistic enough, because AI doesn't care to manage cities, and the growth unit of 5% really sucks - I need like 1%, 3% etc....
    ________
    Wong Amat condos

Go with platinum, when you get tired of that, try Arthurian: TW then come back here and by that time they may have an idea what year RTR7 will be released :p

Seriously that's what I would do.

Here is the price of freedom: Your every drop of courage, ounce of pain, pint of blood,...paid in advance.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Install either RTR 6 Gold or RTR PE and play them. The R:TW BI engine is better overall than R:TW (so that means RTR PE).

However, you can always play RTR PE with the R:TW ALEX exe.

Play RTR VII TIC to get a taster of what RTR VII may be like. It's got a limited campaign - but it's still challenging.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here