Thread: ROP v2.21 Hotfix

Default ROP v2.21 Hotfix

V2.21 Hotfix Release

After little over a week of playing, testing, reading the bug reports and browsing the TWC forums, it is now time to give to you: the ROP v2.21 hotfix!

The hotfix has been designed to fix as many issues as possible while still being savegame compatible (even fixing previously CTD-ing savegames). Therefore we haven't been able to work on the balancing of the mod, but we are sure that the fixes listed below will please everyone anyways

Changelog:
    -Fixed Magadh Archer Elephant model CTD
    -Fixed Loyalist City Revolt CTD
    -Fixed annoying 4tpy advisor popups
    -Fixed Makedonian Aspiditai UVW map problems and fixed the spear
    -Gave Makedonian Xipherai correct animations
    -Gave Arizantian Spearmen better animations and reversed the spear
    -Fixed Kemet Chariots animation
    -Gave the fixed units new sprites
    -Repaired Makedon Aspiditai Unit Info card

Install Instructions:
    -Download the v2.21 hotfix from Riseofpersia.com
    -Install to the root of the Rome - Total War folder to which you have recently installed ROP v2.2 (no files will be overwritten)
    -Play!

Special Thanks:
    -DaVinci for creating the 4tpy fix
    -Salvor Haldin and Florin80 for making and posting the Revolt CTD fix in the RTRPE forums
    -The TW community for the invaluable bug reports, save games and comments - without you there is no ROP!
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

Lead developer of:

Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez

Default Re: ROP v2.21 Hotfix

Thanks!

loet66's Avatar Senator

Hi,

Many thanks !!

loet66

this hotfix compilable with DaVinci hotfix
    i mean only descr unit hotfix where he reduced attack stats

Paul d's Avatar Praepositus

The Funky Arizantian Spearmen animation is still there- the animation is working, but the spear is still backwards.

Aha I reversed both the spear and changed the anim - perhaps that double correction messed up my plans. Will be taken care of, thx for the sharp eye

This hotfix can be installed on top of DaVinci's changes, but the changes to the EDU and EDB will be overwritten. The changes to armies and starting positions on the campaign map will still be there.

Lead developer of:

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Hey Nero, i already have written soemthing in the bug report thread to the rebellion/revolt ctd thing (before i looked here).
    I thought about this once more.
    Well, i'll try another solution: I'll implement a peasant unit (just the RTW peasant) into the gov tiers, but they won't be recruitable for a faction, except for the slave faction (edb). But in edu they will be for all cultures (ownership). I'll try this out with my save games, that crashed, as this change is save compatible. It's a test only, but perhaps it works proper, and then it can get a use eventually ... have to check first files, not 100 % sure if this makes sense what i described above
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

That might work as well, would like to know - just put it in all levels of vanilla's core_building

Lead developer of:

Patrician Artifex

What is still in RoP? Are there still the peasant codes included (edu, dmb, export_units, ui)?
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Actually the peasants have been stripped out altogether from the EDU, only the 'View City in Battle Map' peasants are still there to prevent CTDs when clicking this button (as I heard). Looks like they're still there in DMB though..

Lead developer of:

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Nero666 View Post
    Actually the peasants have been stripped out altogether from the EDU, only the 'View City in Battle Map' peasants are still there to prevent CTDs when clicking this button (as I heard). Looks like they're still there in DMB though..
    Yes, now i checked it. It will be easy to make this test, also ui and export_unit won't be necessary for this test, i guess, but i'll implement just the RTW vanilla stuff.