Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The very beginning|CLOSED|

Icon7 The very beginning|CLOSED|

Patria Libera in translate it means Freedom country.....and in our mod you can find a lot of mini duchies and kingdoms which was in the shade of the big countries.. new mod for Kingdoms bring to players more historical events new BIG MAP and a lot of new and interesting factions some of them was never in other mods, completely Unique! Mod era is the medieval years from 1300 AD to 1500 AD

Here is map of our mod

FACTIONS

Catholic Christian/Hussite Christian/Orthodox Christian/Muslim/Pagan

Kingdom of Portugal
    Crown of Castile
    Crown of Aragon
    Papal States
    Florence
    Venice
    Genoa
    Swiss Confederacy
    Burgundy
    Kingdom of France
    Kingdom of England
    Kingdom of Scotland
    Kingdom of Norway
    Kingdom of Sweden
    Kingdom of Denmark
    The Holy Roman Empire
    Kingdom of Bohemia
    Kingdom of Hungary
    Kingdom of Poland
    Teutonic Order
    Hussites
    Eastern Roman Empire
    Serbia
    Bulgaria
    Novgorod
    Golden Horde
    Ottoman Empire
    Granada
    Grand Duchy of Lithuania
    Independent States
    Faction chosen during the installation of the mod (Slovakian Palatinate, Flanders, Naples, Bosnia, Navarre, Halych-Volhynia and Brabant)

Team

Mappers:
    Charred_Monkey,Barboll

2D artists and skinners:
    Lewagal,IVIarkI2I,Rydwan

Scripters, Coders:
    Zuma, Barboll, Rydwan

Modellers:
    Sir Andrew the Mighty Peasant, Rydwan

Researchers, testers:
    IVIarkI2I, Frick, MaximianusBR, Otsman

Special Thanks to BMM team and MCRM team and other mods will be type here soon

1st post isnt actual and all this thread aswell
    -------------------------------------------
    Last edited by IVIarkI2I; September 15, 2010 at 07:43 AM.

Default Re: Patria Libera-NEW!!!

Well, were going to need a bit more info.

Interesting map and faction list you've got there, I don't think I've ever seen Slovakia or Morocco in a mod before, and Czechs/Bohemia get far too little exposure. Good luck with it though, if every Europe-centred mod featured the same Top 30 Most Significant And Influential Nations, there wouldn't be much diversity to be had.

It's good to see that you're some way towards assembling a team, but I hope you know what you're getting into...

Antagonist
    "is ait an mac an saol"

"If you grow tired of how you live, then follow me, and we will show you a different way."

Arthurian: Total War
    Wrath of the Norsemen
    Viking Invasion II

Prewiews will be every sunday..

Here its a map with factions....one faction will be aded later. Ideas for new faction please type her...

We are looking for skinners!!! Contact me in PM
    Last edited by IVIarkI2I; May 18, 2008 at 01:53 PM.

Map looks great

Icon7 Re: Patria Libera-NEW!!!

Sunday Preview 1

- Slovakian palatinate (camping map)

Slovakia(only campaign map)

-5 slovakian cities: Pressburg, Trencin, Kremnica, Spišský hrad and Košice
    -Hungary has Košice
    -Campaign start with 3 slovak cities ( Pressburg, Trencin a Kremnica ) and one castle Spiš
    -New historical Characters!!!
    -Kremnica - Gold Mine of Matthew Csák land
    -New names
    -Big Map
    -And other new things....

-Historical Facts
    -about Matthew Csák
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matus_Cak
    -about Kremnica Coins

Some picture info from game

Fraction Symbol:

Slovak cities:

Starting diplomaci:

4x Screenshot from game:

Next prewiew will be soon...
    ................................................................................................................................

We are looking for skinners!!! Contact me in PM
    Last edited by IVIarkI2I; May 18, 2008 at 01:53 PM.

Senator
    In the icey lands of Norway... which aren't actually icey... more like rainy.

Looks interesting, but Norway rules Iceland, not Denmark and the Swedes had not expanded that far into the Finland by this time.

This map have informative character. In Iceland will be rebels and Norways and in part of Finland will be rebels too.

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote Originally Posted by UnboundHitman08 View Post
    Map looks great

Why thank you, thank you very much

Dude, "Slovakia" belonged to the Hungarian Kingdom in the said era.

SirPeacemaker's Avatar Centenarius

We are talking about Slovakian palatinate. Check some books of history
    Do you know, what palatinate means? And what palatine means?

Or check the map below. We are talking about Matthew Csak and check the link of wikipedia above
    Last edited by SirPeacemaker; May 18, 2008 at 03:43 PM.
    Very good rocking song. The message of the song: WHEN PEOPLE LEARN TRUTH ABOUT UKRAINIAN WAR, THEY WILL GO INSANE!! (I suggest to turn the english subtitles on. Its over 18only because of violent pictures) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AAR6nUV7VI

1300:

Icon1 Re: Patria Libera-NEW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SirPeacemaker View Post
    We are talking about Slovakian palatinate. Check some books of history
    Do you know, what palatinate means? And what palatine means?

Or check the map below. We are talking about Matthew Csak and check the link of wikipedia above
    Dude, you go and check some history books some first.

He was Csák Máté, not "Matthew Csak". He could have been included as a Hungarian "rebel" noble, as he was. After the Árpád-dynasty he gained some territories, which he held temporarily - for 12 years. In 1312 he was defeated by Károly Róbert, the Hungarian King.

http://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cs%C3%A1k_M%C3%A1t%C3%A9

This map shows the rebel territories of the interregnum:

So there was no "slovakian palatinate". The fact, that Csák Máté ruled over present-day slovakian territories doesn't make him slovakian. "slovakia" was not independent to make an own faction. It was part of the Hungarian Kingdom, temporarily held by rebels. But if you include Csák Máté, you'll have to include other Magyar rebels as well, like Aba Amadé or Csák Ugrin. If you "liberate" slovakia from Hungarian rule and create an own faction, you must do it with the HRE provinces as well, like Electorate of Saxony , Electorate of Hanover , Margraviate of Brandenburg (Brandenburg-Prussia) , etc.

If not, I'm sure it will still be a nice fantasy mod.
    Last edited by Aldgarkalaughskel; May 19, 2008 at 02:40 AM.

You are right Power Wizard. This mod based on a mistake

Matthew (III) Csák (between 1260-65 – 18 March, 13211) (Hungarian: Csák (III) Máté, Slovak: Matúš Čák III), also Matthew Csák of Trenčín / Trencsén (Hungarian: trencséni Csák (III) Máté, Slovak: Matúš Čák III Trenčiansky), was an oligarch in the Kingdom of Hungary who ruled de facto independently the north-western counties of the kingdom (today parts of Slovakia). He hold the offices of Marshal (főlovászmester) (1293-1296) and Palatine (nádor) (1296-1297, 1301-1310).
    After his defeat in the Battle of Rozhanovce by King Charles I of Hungary in 1312, Matthew Csák's influence started to decline and his de-facto independent realm ceased to exist when he died in 1321 in Trenčín.

Read very carefully the text above!! It´s from a proper source of history and not an amateur one I know it´s very difficult to admit it for you Magyars, but the fact is fact. And why should we do the same thing with Saxony etc ? It´s not our bussines, but Germans Or if you want to, you can The most important thing here is to stop reading amateurs texts

I have marked the most important words with the red color for you to make it easier And I can assure you we are very historically exact and correct. That is why the city of Kosice /Cassovia/ is part of Magyar´s kingdom.

Edit: And the best way for you is to look to an english dictionary and find out what exactly palatinate means. Afterwards you will understand
    Last edited by SirPeacemaker; May 19, 2008 at 04:11 AM.
    Very good rocking song. The message of the song: WHEN PEOPLE LEARN TRUTH ABOUT UKRAINIAN WAR, THEY WILL GO INSANE!! (I suggest to turn the english subtitles on. Its over 18only because of violent pictures) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AAR6nUV7VI

baluro's Avatar Foederatus

Yes, of course, wikipedia is a historically VERY PROPER source. If I would like to, I could go and edit the text RIGHT NOW. Csák Máté was a rebel, as PowerWizard mentioned above. Why don't you put the other oligarch in the mod too, so there would be no Hungarian Kingdom. I know, that's one of your best dreams.
    But, if you are historically proper, I'm sure you know, that his so called "palatinate" lasted only for a decade. By the way, the "slovaks" were a nonsignificant minority by that time, as their ancestors were settled down by Béla IV after the mongol invasion.
    "If you immediately know the candle-light is fire, then the meal was cooked a long time ago."

"The sun is warm, the wind is wild, the grass is green along the shores, here no bull can hide."

I am in history about 7 years. What about you? Wikipedia is not very proper source I always claim. But English wikipedia is not public like Hungarians for example. And that is BIG DIFFERENCE!!! English wikipedia is only for members with skills in history and only THEY CAN change. In Hungarian or Slovakian anyone can. /ANd not to mention my bookcase/ And yes, you are right, Slovakin Palatinate finished with the deatd of Matthew Csak. But the game is starting in year 1300. And we want to be as much correct as possible. That is why Magyars coat of arm will be very different for example.
    And as for others oligarchs you mentioned. NO ONE of them had his own court, his own judges and his very own coins
    And are you familiar with Privilegeum Slovacum by the way?? And are you familiar with medieval latin language? What can you find there? Hungaroum and Slovacia. So please study history carefully. It´s a shame if people dont know their own history.
    Last edited by SirPeacemaker; May 19, 2008 at 04:58 AM.

gracul's Avatar 404 Not Found
    Artifex

Well if you want to be as much historicly correct as possible, then i look forward to see all the states that were part of Poland back then.
    Its only 9 factions, no big deal i guess.

Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast