Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Real Horses Project

Default Re: Real Horses Project

Quote Originally Posted by Argent Usher View Post
    :hmmm:Well i can only guess with this kind of information.

You use Vista and you can't see the folder. Try the search folder function and put my files in the folder.
    Good Luck.

A.U.
    Thankyou sir,but I'm use XP Home and I press "Ctrl+F" to search "unit_models" folder.

I have checked "search hide files" option,But still found nothing

how strange!:hmmm:
    My English is poor...

Thanks for reading

Argent Usher's Avatar [sɪθlɔ:d]

Quote Originally Posted by kuo0426 View Post
    Thankyou sir,but I'm use XP Home and I press "Ctrl+F" to search "unit_models" folder.

I have checked "search hide files" option,But still found nothing

how strange!:hmmm:
    It is really strange but i think not hopeless. Give me some more information and i am sure we can help you.

Give me please the mod name for your desired RH install and i will try to give the folder location and i can say something about the compatibility of RH with your mod.

Or you could also install a mod with a Real Horses as DLV, Chivalry II or Das Heilige Römische Reich (there are some more ).

Good Luck and Regards A.U.
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night.” Edgar Allan Poe

awesome mod your horse are amazing thanks a lot dude

Campidoctor

Make Camels Larger please in reality Camels are larger than Horses.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobolight View Post
    I will have a look for your request.
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night.” Edgar Allan Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Tobolight View Post
    This could affect the animation coordinates of the bones in relation to the 3d structure, but perhaps AU knos a way around it.
    Contribuitor IBIICB-WOTN-Modeler-Scripter

STELLover's Avatar Senator

Cool, this project is really nice- I see that it is being implemented to other mods as well +rep to the dev

ROME 2 Mod: More Cities and Settlements on Campaign Map:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=194761024

Wow, I'll be keeping an eye on this. Great work!

Greetings!

I, too, have the same problem as kuo0426. I am using Vista though but looking for the unit_models folder via the search function yields no result. Is it a requirement that a mod (apart from RHP) be installed first to be able to play with RHP?

As well, would mounted units in any of Kingdom's campaigns be affected (i.e. disapperaing models and such) should I choose to play Kingdom's vanilla campaign?

I only have M2TW (patched to 1.3) and Kingdoms installed. No mods just yet.

EDIT: Odd. I thought that Vista came with an auto-zip/unzip program. <_< Guess I'll have to download Winzip/rar as well.
    Last edited by Exia; February 02, 2009 at 03:25 AM.

:hmmm:I don't have VISTA but the problem is surely you have still everything packed in the vanilla files format (MII/Kingdoms) and therefore you will never find the folder. I have ever only used existing mods for Real Horses and there are near ever my named folder.
    I would suggest you use a existing mod if you like a more vanilla gameplay KGCM or soon there will be the next MEGAPATCH of Chivalry II The Sicilian Vespers where i have helped SV to integrate XAI. In the last one all factions have new horses (RH + The Lithuania MOD) because RealHorses was mainly for MII it is a must have download if you want more factions.
    I don't think units could disappear if you use Real Horses in Kingdoms because it changes only some textures and add some meshes but there are some new units and these will still have the old look.
    And you are right a packer is needed like Winrar.

ATM i don't think i will continue with Real Horses in the near future because i have start with my first own mod (for Empire) and i will focus all my energy in this project.

Regards A.U.

:hmmm:I don't have VISTA but the problem is surely you have still everything packed in the vanilla files format (MII/Kingdoms) and therefore you will never find the folder. I have ever only used existing mods for Real Horses and there are near ever my named folder.
    I would suggest you use a existing mod if you like a more vanilla gameplay KGCM or soon there will be the next MEGAPATCH of Chivalry II The Sicilian Vespers where i have helped SV to integrate XAI. In the last one all factions have new horses (RH + The Lithuania MOD) because RealHorses was mainly for MII it is a must have download if you want more factions.
    I don't think units could disappear if you use Real Horses in Kingdoms because it changes only some textures and add some meshes but there are some new units and these will still have the old look.
    And you are right a packer is needed like Winrar.

ATM i don't think i will continue with Real Horses in the near future because i have start with my first own mod (for Empire) and i will focus all my energy in this project.

Regards A.U.
    Thank you for the suggestion! ^_^

I've tried unpacking the files by using the unpacker provided by CA (took about 4 GB from my HD -_-; but I still can't see it. I'll try some of those mods that you suggested in the hopes that I'd be able to apply RHP to them. Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Exia View Post
    Thank you for the suggestion! ^_^

I've tried unpacking the files by using the unpacker provided by CA (took about 4 GB from my HD -_-; but I still can't see it. I'll try some of those mods that you suggested in the hopes that I'd be able to apply RHP to them. Many thanks.
    There must be a data folder now if you have unpacked the vanilla files then have a look for the unit sub folder.

Both are able and the last one has already included RealHorses in the current version (like many others mods ).

Have a good ride, thanks to all for your support (16k A+) so far and i had never thought it could be so popular.

Regards A.U.

Sorry for the late reply, but I thought that it might help those who have the same issues with missing M2TW folders as I do, while using Vista. Make sure that you unpack the game using the unpacker provided for by SEGA/CA. Once that's done, you should be able to see a "Compatability Files" tab when viewing your M2TW folder. Click on it and you should be able to see the unpacked files.

hull19's Avatar Ordinarius

The horses look very nice compared to the old ones. Must have been some time to create some nice looking horses.

Quote Originally Posted by hull19 View Post
    The horses look very nice compared to the old ones. Must have been some time to create some nice looking horses.
    Well the begin was more time consuming (zero skill, researching) but if i had some problems or questions there were ever some nice helpful TWC members and as i had ready the basic templates it was more easy (the color change is no big deal in PS ).

THX for your words and here is a pic with a "REALHORSE" in Empire (luckily my basic template is big enough for the empire textures and so i don't loose quality as if I would have to enlarge the old RH texture files)

Regards A.U.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Well the begin was more time consuming (zero skill, researching) but if i had some problems or questions there were ever some nice helpful TWC members and as i had ready the basic templates it was more easy (the color change is no big deal in PS ).

THX for your words and here is a pic with a "REALHORSE" in Empire (luckily my basic template is big enough for the empire textures and so i don't loose quality as if I would have to enlarge the old RH texture files)

Regards A.U.
    Εxelent work stays for ever....
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

wow,an excellent addition to Empire.I thought the horses were lacking slightly in comparison to the excellent models they were suing for the troops themselves,but it seems that issues has come to an end for the addition of rule horses looks spectacular.

THX and if you want you can make a short ride - i have uploaded the test file here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...54#post4522754

Backup your vanilla file and put it in ***\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war demo\data\unitmodels\horse\textures\

It looks like there is only one texture for all horses in EMPIRE, i would say this is much less work than last time.

Regards A.U.

From today the original RH textures called "masterfiles" are OPEN SOURCE (See first post).
    Feel free to use the files for your own mod projects - it is a small gift for your support (20k downloads).

Regards A.U.

jnecros's Avatar Miles

seriously loved this work for MTW2, glad to try this out for Empire. Thanks mate, going to try out the test file.