Thread: Need help with IC

Stuntdawg5's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Need help with IC

So yeah, as the title said, I need some help with HoI2. I'm having major trouble with IC. I can't seem to work with it....I set it to auto set, and it always leave production in the red, so I take over and completely screw it all over.

What do you guys do with IC distribution? Also, do you built Industry? Or what?

Spart's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Need help with IC

Auto-allocate IC works just fine in Doomsday at least. You can set it to emphasize production for example.
    Just set enough for production, consumer goods, supplies and reinforcements if needed. And for upgrades everything that is left. Maybe you're producing too much and your IC isn't enough for it?

And yes, build some factories in the early years when playing the bigger countries.
    Member of S.I.N
    Finns to the rescue!

How absurd men are! They never use the liberties they have, they demand those they do not have. They have freedom of thought, they demand freedom of speech.
    -Søren Kierkegaard

Semisalis

I usually manage it myself. My priorities are: Consumer Goods -> Reinforcement -> Supplies -> Upgrades -> Production.

This is because dissent is officially a BAD thing, and dissent rises if you don't get enough consumer goods. Ialso prioritise reinforcement because it gives the most long term benefits - your units survive longer and gain craploads of experience. Trust me. In my Brit campaign game, my Mechs routinely thump enemy infantry IN SWAMPS without difficulty - because they get +40% combat bonuses from having 80+ experience.

I prioritise supplies because... well, I can't fight without supplies :p

I also priorities upgrades, because its better to have your units in the field (where it matters) getting the latest techs, rather than producing new units

Production comes rock bottom. And I also prioritise my production - Ships, Industry - anything that takes a long time go right to the top of the production. Generally, my land units are the ones that I put the least IC in (i.e. they are at the bottom of the production list)- because they build so quickly, it doesn't really matter if they come out 10 or 15 days late. This is not the case, of course, when I am desperately clinging on to Burma/The Phillipines/France.
    Member of S.I.N.

Fabolous's Avatar Power breeds Arrogance

I almost always let production be last. If for some brief period there isn't enough IC for any production and I still don't have enough, I drop upgrades. Like when you get 1943 infantry or something, and you rack up massive upgrade IC levels... you try and upgrade as much as you can, but if you are germany and using basic infantry heavily... you have so many units to upgrade it makes your eyes water.

But auto-allocate is mostly fine. Leave it on that, priortize consumer goods, reinforcements, and supplies and you will be just fine for most of the game.

For my production importence, rare things always come first, like nuclear reactors. After that, industry. Then roads or AA guns. Then ships. Then whatever else I am making, planes or army units.
    tBP knows how to handle a sword. -Last Crusader

Under the Honorable Patronage of Belisarius
    Formerly Under the Patronage of Simetrical
    Proud Patron of Lusted, Rome AC, Solid, and Dirty Peasant

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Am I the only one who has always done it by hand? :S

mongoose's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by John I Tzimisces View Post
    I wasn't even aware that there was an auto set, actually.

As for I.C, Always make sure that you have enough consumer goods to keep dissent down. After that, make sure you have enough supplies and reinforcements. Production is generally least important, and upgrades are second least important. It generally doesn't matter if your production goes red. Consumer goods is a different, how ever.
    Last edited by mongoose; May 17, 2008 at 07:02 PM.

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    I wasn't even aware that there was an auto set, actually.

As for I.C, Always make sure that you have enough consumer goods to keep dissent down. After that, make sure you have enough supplies and reinforcements. Production is generally least important, and upgrades are second least important. It generally doesn't matter if your production goes red. Consumer goods is a different, how ever.
    As long as consumer goods is above the threshold or whatever there is in HoI2 (can hardly remember) dissent will stay stable or go down. Money on the other hand may go down though.

Fabolous's Avatar Power breeds Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by John I Tzimisces View Post
    I noramlly do. But for a newer player... it is much, much easier to let the auto-allocate do it. And really, the auto-allocate is quite good. Quite good.
    tBP knows how to handle a sword. -Last Crusader

Under the Honorable Patronage of Belisarius
    Formerly Under the Patronage of Simetrical
    Proud Patron of Lusted, Rome AC, Solid, and Dirty Peasant

Indefinitely Banned

I always fill money and supplies to as high as they need. If I'm building units I tend to put a frction of what is needed. With reinforcements and upgrades you only need to allocate 25% of the requirement for it to be effective