Thread: ERE doggypile!

♔Old Dragoon♔'s Avatar I'm Your Huckleberry
    Content Emeritus

Default ERE doggypile!

Ok, I know many think the ERE is an easier faction. However, my first ERE campaign with BC, I must say is one hell of fight for survival. First I turtled my campaign to see how much I could tech up while doing ye ol' land grab like the AI does. I let it ride to see what the AI would do. Much to my surprise the wait didn't disappoint. I drove too far where Georgia likes to land grab, they declare war by blockading before sending out their hordes, next the Turkish Sultanate lay siege to Sinop because I took it before them. The Abbasid Calipahte launch a very powerful attack into one of the Easter Anatolia cities...cannot remember the name.

Finally after taking Varna and being allied to the Kypchak turds. They launch a very teched up stack of Khans guards etc. at Varna held by my levies which ended in a slaughter except they didn't pillage the city apparently (don't know if that is common I hardly read those messages). The only force in Anatolia that hasn't declared war on me is Armenia (I'm allied to them and KOJ.) I've never seen anything like it. I'm slowly getting consolidated, however if Georgia and the Abbasid's team up it could be bye bye Trebizond, which is a good epic battle away from being crushed. I am playing on H/H and having a fight for my life. Thank you B.C. team for great gaming experience. Anyone else encountered this after turtling their campaign?

Default Re: ERE doggypile!

Yes! My first campaign was with the ERE, and I watched in horror as the delicate balance of power in Anatolia was destroyed by the Fourth Crusade coming and sacking poor Constantinople. It's certainly a very difficult but worthwhile campaign.

Content Emeritus

Here are some pics for my dire situation!

Last edited by ♔Old Dragoon♔; May 14, 2008 at 06:24 PM.

rofl, Georgian ciclejerk

Indefinitely Banned

holy crap!

Libertus

The ERE campaign I played 3 times first, big war to georgia, armenia and turkish sultanate second, georgia and turkish sultante each war and very little times knock-out armenia but the final campign turkish sultanate very agreesion to me but my alliance georgia and armenia very good campign I like it very very high rates, Simply the computers nation in the anatolia always aggression

Content Emeritus

Crap I forgot the Abbasid Caliphate rape and pillage of that Eastern Anatolian city...I think it's called Ezurum or something like that. Refer back to map again...Sorry about that. It sucks to be old.

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Nothing beats my campaign

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

shadepanther's Avatar Senator

Yeah the ERE are very tough at the start and usually when you fight a war it will be on two fronts or more. The only real thing you can do is weather the storm and destroy their armies with as little losses to your own men as possible.

The key to BC is to survive the attrition wars.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" -- Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Content Emeritus

Well, may not be far from the truth Samariten. My last battle was down nearly to the man. The Turk. Gen. (himself only) and my last unit of 17 Varangian Warriors. It was a good day to die. The battle was a slaughterfield almost centered around this sorta flat knoll. It was beautiful indeed.

Right, is their anyone interested in an update of the last turn that lasted almost 3 1/2 hours?

It was also my first campaing, but i see it as one of the funniest but easiest ones i've had in TW.

You just have to be aggresive! but forget the areas of the north. before wasting time taking the almost useless rebel islands of the south...Manuel will live for only 10 more years so use him well! KILL ALL THE TURKS!! DROVE THOUSE BARBARIANS AWAY FROM OUR ANATOLIA, KILL THE REBELING ARMENIANS, WHO THE HELL THEY THINK THEY ARE TO OPPOSE THE MIGTHY EMPEROR !?, then take syria on a turn with 3 armies, then crush the germanic crusaders , and take back egypt to the empire, after that ... well i just took all arabia and makuria (had lots of armies) and mesopotamia, vasalised the georgians , and conquered the kypchaps (sp?) right now its boring, im just 2 powerfull :S
    it was fast, but fun, btw i had already won before atacking the kipchs... even before taking mesopotamia.
    Actually, without the preasure from the west , with that excelent unit rooster, and with Constantinople , nothing can stop you, the rightful ruler of the world , the emperor only answers to God after all ... man im so romantic.

History is a set of lies agreed upon.
    - Nappy B.

The only fact in history.

Content Emeritus

Ok, finally the update...

Pic of the "Last Stand of the 12" from the crazy slaughterhouse battle.

"I fart at your general direction!" said ERE to the Kypchaks.

Slaughterhouse aftermath...

Invasion underway!

Last edited by ♔Old Dragoon♔; May 16, 2008 at 08:47 AM.

rofl!! Keep it up!

Faris ad Din's Avatar Ducenarius

Hahaha, oh my god... *pant pant* I wonder if you can keep this up - I'd love to see your upcoming conflicts with Georgia, the Kypchak stacks, the Seljuks, and the incoming 4th crusade...

Content Emeritus

Thank you for the kind remarks! I having way to much fun in this current campaign. Sad story...if I finnish this campaign..and that's a strong if, given my Total War history (since Shogun I've only finnished 1 campaign). I'm pretty much have MADD (Mod Attention Deficit Disorder). I may wake up craving Stainless Steel tomorrow. I'm too close to the ERE uber units. So I'll at least stick with it till then. Back to the game!...
    Last edited by ♔Old Dragoon♔; May 16, 2008 at 11:35 AM.

Content Emeritus

I will update on Monday. Everyone, have a great weekend.

Content Emeritus

Sorry for being late with the update!

Trouble at court...shhhhh!!!

Why assassins have dating issues...

Thank you very much...that's the nicest thing anyone has done for me!

ERE take pride in their gas!

Identity crisis for the general!

He's the man!

Dvin is lost!....NOOOOOOOOOOO! and more Jerkin' Georgians!
    Last edited by ♔Old Dragoon♔; May 21, 2008 at 03:03 PM.