Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Creatures

deathmaw's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Creatures

i have my collection and it states that during saurons bid for power about the time during the 2 book/movie a attack started by the forces of rhun came a great worm one who did not use wings or breath of flame but tooth and claw and it's destruction was overwhelming to the dwarves who fell to this powerful beasts but it was told that about the time of the siege of gondor the dwarves gathered and slew this beast and broke the attack of rhun with the help of elves from mirkwood who's bows were powerful against the beast and after this no tale tells of these evil creatures during the third age
    One by one they fell to the power of the Ring

Mithrandir's Avatar Flame of Anor

Still, having dragons would be FUN... isn't that the purpose of the mod?

Dragons could belong to MM orcs and/or Mordor/Rhun.

Under the patronage of
    Code_Knight

Not Mordor Fellbeasts belong to Mordor. Orcs of the MM or Rhun

Colonel Cleg McLeg's Avatar Decanus
    Cardiff or Wrexham, in Wales, depending on the time of year.

I hadn't heard of this dragon under the command of the Easterlings, but if they did indeed control dragons, they should be the only faction with them in their unit roster. The only dragons in the North-West of Middle-earth at the end of the Third Age were either dead or pushed north over the Grey Mountains. I don't think it said anywhere that Smaug was the last dragon, but he came pretty close to it.
    In any case, the Orcs or Mordor should definately not have control over dragons, because there simply weren't any in either the Misty Mountains or Mordor, and besides, I doubt any dragon would bow to the will of an orc.

No I was thinking for the orcs as a general who comes as adopted general and Mordor should use fellbeasts not dragons because it was well known that dragons employed people to do their bidding

Know this is off topic but where do the fellbeasts come from??
    Movie maker for the Third Age Total War

Morgoth created them and since I no longer am part of this mod I would like this thread to be closed as I started it

lol dude thats selfish
    Movie maker for the Third Age Total War

When did Deathmaw get kicked off?

Wtf?

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cursed View Post
    When did Deathmaw get kicked off?

Wtf?
    Deathmaw was tired of people saying how annoying he was, so he temporarily quit the team and will be back in June. Why you may ask.........I have no idea. Anyway he asked me to close down this thread, but that would be selfish on his part, so I'm keeping this thread open so that it can serve its purpose.
    Son of _Pontifex_Father to Mithrandir
    - Citizen, Artifex, Civitate - Librarian

Third Age: Total War - Most Promising Mod of 2008
    2D Graphical Artist & Moderator

Lol, sounds like Deathmaw is being a pisspants...

If you want people to stop saying you are annoying, stop BEING annoying!

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

Varjon's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by deathmaw View Post
    no smaug was not the last during the third age a great worm appeared under the command of rhun and wrecked havoc on the dwarves in Durin's hall also no balrogs had the appearence of humans they were in fact just like the movie Huge Monster's cabable of mass destruction report on them tonight
    Yea, I've read that from somewhere times ago, but worms and dragons are a little bit different. If I remember right, in Tolkien's mythology worms don't "spit" fire like dragons and I think that they also didn't have wings. :hmmm:

EDIT: Sorry folks, I posted my message a little bit too late but nevermind.

One thing about dragons yet. What about dragons as mercenaries? Sounds stupid but if campaign map goes enaugh north that you can see lands behind the northern mountains you could hire from there dragons but VERY high price and VERY rarely. But I think it works only if only evil factions are able to recruit them.
    Last edited by Varjon; May 18, 2008 at 03:30 AM.

King Ardumanish's Avatar Civis

I think dragons don't follow anyone except this one would offer a huge amount of gold silver mithril and so on.... for this reasons i think the merc idea is not bad......
    but i thought in hobbit was somewhere said that smaug is the last dragon in known parts of middleearth....

concerning mt.giants: there are only mentioned in hobbit and i think they are independent creatures.....

There were few dragons alive during the Third Age, and none during the War of the Ring. Since the Mod's campaign can only start at a time when Isengard is already a military power and has Uruks at it's disposal, dragons in this mod would contradict Tolkiens lore.
    "He is suffering from Politician's Logic: 'Something must be done, this is something, therefore we must do it.'"
    - Yes, Prime Minister

@ Count Froody

No offense but I don't remember that Tolkien had said anywhere that all dragons are dead. I can't give you source cause I don't remember it but I think I've read somewhere that there were still great worms and dragons - not as great as Smaug but still - in the unpopulated lands behind the mountains in north. :hmmm:

I read somewhere that Smaug was 'the last great dragon', but you're right, that doesn't automatically exclude the existence of 'lesser' dragons.

If we assume there are still some dragons, then they would actually work as very expensive mercenaries due to their love of gold and gems. They should, however, only be available in certain areas and only to evil factions.
    "He is suffering from Politician's Logic: 'Something must be done, this is something, therefore we must do it.'"
    - Yes, Prime Minister

Quote Originally Posted by Count Froody View Post
    I read somewhere that Smaug was 'the last great dragon', but you're right, that doesn't automatically exclude the existence of 'lesser' dragons.

If we assume there are still some dragons, then they would actually work as very expensive mercenaries due to their love of gold and gems. They should, however, only be available in certain areas and only to evil factions.
    Now we are on right tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cursed View Post
    Trolls...

I think that Mordor should have a slightly stronger breed of troll than the Misty Mountains orcs, because Olog-hai were bred for war. Cave trolls are just mindless beasts.

Do you people agree?
    Yeah the Olug kai (sp?)
    Specially bred by Sauron to be smarter and more blood thirsty than your average Troll.
    Trolls were originally very docile creatures and bound to dark places.

Sauron solved that problem.

Lü Bu's Avatar "Mightyest Man Alive"

yes he does for sure
    Proud patron of Wlesmana
    Assyria Total War
    Check update thread for new HQ models
    My Workshop™

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234