Thread: ITW won't work! Help Me!

Default ITW won't work! Help Me!

Well, it won't work. I tried to do everything right, but when I clicked on the shortcut it said that it could not find it and the shortcut was not working or something like that. It gave me two options. Fix it, it would try and find the closes thing to what I was trying to open. And then Browser, I can try and find it myself. I said fix it, maybe it was a mistake, but for better or for worse that's what I chose. After that I opened the short cut that said Iberia Total War Gold Edition and then it took me to RTW, not ITW.

So there, that's my situation. I don't know what to do. I need help. Btw, I use windows Vista.

Default Re: ITW won't work! Help Me!

I imagine it is the problem of "bad path bug" of the installer.
    My advice: unistall and install it again taking care when saying the correct path for your installation. If you browse the directory, Rome - Total War will be added at the end of the line. Just delete it and continue the installation.

Well I tried to reinstall it and the same damn thing happened. I can't find it, I don't know what to do ether.

I don't have it installed anymore. I will try to install it again after Monkwarrior replays to my PM. I don't know were it went. I tried to reinstall it fallowing Monkwarrior's instructions, but it did not work. I don't know what to do now. Maybe if I made a copy of all the Rome Total War files and called it Rome Total War 2 like Monkwarrior did. lol!

Man! I really wanted to play this mod.

Alright, I've made a new folder and I've named Rome - Total War 2. Now, what do I need to copy from the Rome - Total War folder so I can't install a mod in the Rome - Total War 2 folder.

That's wired. The location for the Rome Total War shortcut is different than the ITW shortcut. I think I need to install ITW in "C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War" or something like that and then take off the Rome - Total war in it. Hmm, I just don't know. I'll have to talk to Monkwarrior about it.
    Last edited by removeduser_4563362; May 15, 2008 at 01:33 PM.

Default ITW won't work! Help Me!

I am having the same problem as Hannibal14. I have installed a fresh copy of RTW v1.5 and then run the ITW Gold installer. When I double click the Falcata I get a message saying "Windows is searching for RomeTW.exe. To locate the file yourself, click browse". I let the computer find it itself and then clicked "Fix it". When I try to run ITW I just get Vanilla RTW but with the front screen (before the SEGA screen) that looks like Barbarian Invasion.

I will try uninstalling everything and checking my C: drive has no residue and then re-enstaling RTW 1.5 and ITW Gold and being extra careful when choosing file path for installation. Just wondered if anyone knew the outcome of the previous query by Hannibal14.

BTW I really enjoyed RTR and this mod looks amazing!!!

Found the error, my eyes

I was so busy checking the last part of the file location (IE Rome Total War_2) that I had not noticed that the ITW Gold file was downloading to the Activision folder while my copy of RTW goes into a Creative Assembly folder. Doh!

If anyone else has similar problems then this may be whats wrong. Hopefully this will save you some time and frustration!

I installed iberia total war v1.5, went to the start menu, then to all programs, and when i moused over iberiaTW_v1.5, the only option it gave me was to uninstall. I cant play it. what should i do

u have ITW gold yet to download.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=160324

ITW create a icon in your desk, u must use that icon for play.