Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Europa Barbarorum III or SPQR II ; Rome Total War with Empire Total war graphics

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum III or SPQR II ; Rome Total War with Empire Total war graphics

Lynores Hoplites,
    engine better than MTW2

Last edited by KLAssurbanipal; August 12, 2008 at 05:13 AM.

kepper's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum III or SPQR II ; Rome Total War with Empire Total war graphics

RTR VIII will by for ETW
    <iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...get/video.html" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"> </iframe>

Lord Anubis's Avatar Senator

EBIII? They are barely even started on EBII.
    Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    I want to read Akar´s LOTR synopsis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    A wizard and a bloodshot floating eye attempt to begin an age of industry and progress and to rescue the oppressed minority of the goblins/orcs/trolls from the racist human/elf alliance.

Libertus

You should make the map have America. So that Rome can fight aztecs!

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by bigcheese View Post
    That would be wicked awesome cool!
    I am not sure if the Americas are in the ETW map though...
    awesome idea though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I would play it!

If someone can provide thorough information and detailed pics on the various naval ships i can attempt at modelings as ive allready started to model a trireme.(basing off of a roman model)

Gebeleisis's Avatar Biarchus

SPQR 2 sounds good

i would prefer an EB3 XD

Copperknickers II's Avatar quaeri, si sapis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by bigcheese View Post
    No, no, no and no.

Thats no, we could not have the map go into america, because no, the aztecs did not exist at the same time as the romans, and even if they did, no, the romans couldn't get there anyway, and one final no for how wrong the rest is.
    A new mobile phone tower went up in a town in the USA, and the local newspaper asked a number of people what they thought of it. Some said they noticed their cellphone reception was better. Some said they noticed the tower was affecting their health.

A local administrator was asked to comment. He nodded sagely, and said simply: "Wow. And think about how much more pronounced these effects will be once the tower is actually operational."

Quote Originally Posted by Copperknickers View Post
    No, no, no and no.

Thats no, we could not have the map go into america, because no, the aztecs did not exist at the same time as the romans, and even if they did, no, the romans couldn't get there anyway, and one final no for how wrong the rest is.
    People have been in mesoamerica before time was ever recored, not that i am defending it, i dont think NA should be there. Roman could of infact sailed there(they had better ships then the vikings and they did it without fully knowing of it) so saying they were incapable is incorrect. but it defantly doesnt need to be in there.

Randarkmaan's Avatar Senator
    Currently on a merchant trip in the remote, barbaric lands to the North

If you ask me I think if one were to do a mod for ETW set in the ancient world I think a mod that starts sometime before the rise of the Persian Empire (or even earlier) and perhaps ends with the Peloponnesian war (or Alexander's conquests and the Diadochi wars, though that would require a phalanx formation to be implemented).

First of all here you have famous naval battles (like Salamis), you don't have to model a testudo formation or macedonian phalanx formation (or if you end it before Phillip and Alexander's time), the game will probably portray the advantage of keeping a close formation allowing Greek Hoplites to overcome Persian infantry as they did (without giving them bloated stats). The republic could probably be renamed and slightly edited (or if that's not possible, just renamed) and represent democratic Greek cities, absolute/despotic monarchies would fit the bill for oriental factions, and constitutional monarchies could probably work for tribal kingdoms (like German or Gaullic tribal kingdoms) or aristocratic monarchies (like Macedonia) the "open fire" command could possibly be well-used to represent archer volleys from factions such as the Persian Empire, also I think the game includes some sort of new naval trade mechanism and this could be used to portray rivalry between the Phoenician cities and colonies and the Greek cities and colonies over control of mediterranean trade.

Ofcourse the major obstable to any mod set in the ancient world would be the amount of work needed to make all the new models for units, buildings, ships, etc. You'd most likely have sword, spear, shield and bow animations (not everyone in the 18th century used muskets yet), but it's possible those won't be correct for the era and might be hard to edit and change without motion capture.
    "Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right"
    "Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent"
    Salvor Hardin, from Foundation by Isaac Asimov

Angmar_nite's Avatar Domesticus
    Spearheading the 57000 dollar average salary invasion!!!!!!! CHINA WILL DOMINATE YOU ALL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kepper View Post
    RTR VIII will by for ETW
    GLORY GLORY RTR
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapax
    I guess in modern russia, tank builds you.

Jingles's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Legio Caesar View Post
    That would be wicked awesome cool!
    I am not sure if the Americas are in the ETW map though...
    awesome idea though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I would play it!
    Of course the Americas are in Empire TW! how could there be an american faction otherwise?!

RS 3! :laughing:

Formerly Tyrtaeus

grea great idea!keep it up!

Icon14 Re: Europa Barbarorum III or SPQR II ; Rome Total War with Empire Total war graphics

let us make a petition for Rome II War Total, with possibility to manage better the corruption, the bad blows, the plots, possibility of making a heroes soldiers, a great general, true naval battles as in Empire Total War, but with the ships of this time, with more beautiful graphics, more animations etc… Here is our true MOD ! A complete game !

RTW 1 fan - betrayed, disillusioned, disgusted with Rome 2.
    My thematic camping project on autonomy ==> http://www.camping-la-ressource.fr/

Blackshamrock.'s Avatar Campidoctor

SQUARE total war for empire interesting, but could you do with out all the scripting?.

dogukan's Avatar Praeses

WOULD BE LOVELY!

If there is to be a mod in this time for ETW it couldn't be started until ETW is released otherwise how will we know if its even possible? If it is I would be up for making it.

Texassassin's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Jingle_Bombs View Post
    Of course the Americas are in Empire TW! how could there be an american faction otherwise?!
    Map is of North America...up to about half of canada, South America, Greenland (lower half or so) , Europe, Africa, and half of Asia.....with Australia too.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast