Thread: Mongol-Kwar Stand-Offs.

Default Mongol-Kwar Stand-Offs.

This is very anticlimactic. I waited so long in anticipation for the Mongols to arrive so that they can rip apart an Empire and they get there and they huddle up at the very top of the map. The Kwar gathers all of its stacks and they just stare each other down. A staredown that can lasted about 12 years now... No movement at all. Sucks. I just hit 60 settlements too and am getting bored of my campaign.

Will this happen next campaign, by that I mean, is it often? The next campaign relies on Mongols being an active, aggressive faction and it will kill it if they just chill out again.

gobbothegreen's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Mongol-Kwar Stand-Offs.

:hmmm: Hmmm srry nobody who nows anything will answer everybody who does is distracted by your bc:arctica tread

In my campaing with ghazni Im fighting with khwarezm, and loosing, the mongols came, and did NOTHING at all, everything that happened was that khwarezm gathered its stack up north, and im winning the war now

they were active for me but they seem very reluctant to attack strong stacks, despite outnumbering them.

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

I wish I could give some of my karma cuz I seem to be a Mongol Magnet. They always love to come and pay me a visit.....
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Werner von Urslingen's Avatar Civis

In my campaign (KOJ H/H), the mongols just work, as they should, destroying the khwarezm first, then fighting themselves across the land of the abbassids...

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Ferret View Post
    they were active for me but they seem very reluctant to attack strong stacks, despite outnumbering them.
    As they should be. The Khwarzm Shahdom fell because the Shah who was politically unstable spread his army out in penny packets to cities instead of massing them. Many Generals also abandoned their troops and did nothing to prepare defenses.

This enabled Genghis to destroy them piecemeal and take the richest and most populous cities of the Shahdom and destroy the most trained part of the Army.

A more ruthless and politically stable Shah would have been able to send Genghis packing as he has access to more and better trained horse archers most of whom are heavily armored. Better horses which are faster and have more stamina than steppe ponies and if used right can over run the Mongols before they change mounts.

Only after Genghis conquered the Shahdom did his forces gain armored horse archers that made up the bulk of his army for later conquests.
    Well look at this here, a brewing free-for-all in Western Horn of Africa. What could possibly go wrong...

So how well the Mongols do depends pretty much on how well the Kwar do? Cause as it is, the Kwar actually fielded a mass of stacks that was a little larger than the Mongols, though they didn't have quite as many high star generals. I'll post a pic.

Edit: I was hoping that the Mongols would just destroy them with superior generals and surprise attacks. As it was most of their stacks were a couple turns away and the Mongols had a chance to take the North but they dallied about, now they are caught in a wicked position. It looks like they are too scared to attack, and the Kwar are too scared to attack but are slowly building up more and more stacks.

Is the second or third wave going to come and break this stalemate, or is that only after the first wave actually DOES something?

Last edited by Kennylz; May 12, 2008 at 01:52 PM.

I felt the same at first to.. I was like "yes there they are" and "eat that Khwarezm jerks!". I send my spies to marvel at the demise of the bloody Khwarezm and I see the Mongolians sacking a city... And then they move on... and on... they lay siege... go away... come back.... go away... they move around... they do nothing... And I'm like "whawhawhaaaat???"

But then after many years they suddenly arrived somewhere in Nishapur. Took the town and then it was "found a new homeland". I'm like "finally". I wasn't hoping for much but then I send a spy, only a few years later...

Honestly... ALL THAT ONCE WAS KHWAREZM WAS SUDDENLY MONGOLIAN

So the Mongolians very much kick ass. They only take time. Hey, they only took Baghdad in 1258 right?
    Patronised by Voltaire le Philosophe

Therefore One hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the most skillful. Seizing the enemy without fighting is the most skillful. War is of vital importance to the state and should not be engaged carelessly... - Sun Tzu

Orochimaru & Aizen you must Die!! Bankai Dattebayo!!

Well, as it is I've already nearly finished my campaign! Guh! I guess I'll beat up on the Makurians for a while and then finish off the Romans. I held on to my Immaculate status for a good long while but it is a thing of the past now. I got so tired of putting up with stupidity so I started getting a bit more aggressive with my enemies. If the Turks mess up I'll have to wipe them away too.

Damnit Mongols, get to it!

the mongols in my campaign have now "conquered" 2 cities, but the cities the "conquer" just turn rebel, and the mongols go further

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

When a conquered city goes rebel I believe that means they've elected to sack the city rather than occupy. I actually like that, since now they don't necessarily settle in the first city they capture.

But, when I sack a city, I get it too.

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

They're in Horde mode. I believe that's the kicker.

mine too.. vh/vh koj,the mongols just stroll arround attckng and sacking only if no army of full stack is in front of them... worst its not the khwars... its the damn rajput that's more of a horde!!!???

the rajput basically own the right side of my map while me and my allies the ERE and armenians on the left plus some of my vassals..

hope those damn mongols start their blood lust now...