Thread: How Are The Byzantines In CAE?

Default How Are The Byzantines In CAE?

Have the unit skins, etc changed and can they train more gunpowder units because in vanilla mtw2 they were horribly represented with almost no gunpowder units.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Re: How Are The Byzantines In CAE?

Quote Originally Posted by Constantine The Great View Post
    Have the unit skins, etc changed and can they train more gunpowder units because in vanilla mtw2 they were horribly represented with almost no gunpowder units.
    The only gunpowder units byzantines realy had were some latin hundgunners mercs and some hired small bombard units as well...
    It is not unrealistic for the byzantines the lack of gunpowder units...They never survived to have access to those kind of troops...
    In a game if you play with byzantines you must reliy on latin mercs!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    The only gunpowder units byzantines realy had were some latin hundgunners mercs and some hired small bombard units as well...
    It is not unrealistic for the byzantines the lack of gunpowder units...They never survived to have access to those kind of troops...
    In a game if you play with byzantines you must reliy on latin mercs!
    Yea I know all that but they should have had a little more selection of gunpowder units,etc In vanilla. So how are they in this mod?
    Last edited by Nicholas H.C; May 12, 2008 at 08:20 AM.

They also haven`t conquered 60 provinces in RL, its an alt-history game. If they make it to the Gunpowder age, they should have access to some of the basic units..

Bleda's Avatar Domesticus

I agree, had the Byzantines survived they would have employed the contemporary soldiers of the day. perhaps recruitable, not just hire-able mercs would be fair. "I hate acquiring muskets at the whims of the AI. but sadly no, for all the things mod is good for, muskets for byzantines is not one of them

I also agree

Zephrelial's Avatar Eternal Sorrow
    An ancient castle on a steep windy mountain peak.. away from all mortal eyes...

Well the byzantines in CAE are pretty much "untouched".
    Shine on you crazy diamond...

yeah, don't think I'm complaining, you know I love your mod Zeph. Perhaps someone with some simple modding knowledge could enable byzantines to recruit "Latin Mercenaries" within their settlements. Like the mini-mods that Atagena (or however you spell it) has created for CAE.

there is a mini-mod close to completion by Athanasios which is simply a new array of recruitable units for the Byzantines. Maybe, if both parties willing, this new roster could be an addition to 1.5 Its really good quality stuff

BE rocks anyhow