Page 9 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 34 59 ... LastLast

Thread: ROP v3.0 Suggestions Thread

Default Re: ROP v3.0 Suggestions Thread

this is the best mod i've played! i just beat it as persia. i hope some of the other factions become playable because they look amazing (kush, saba, etc..)

im sure this point has been brought up but the spartan units of Lakedaimon fight more like barbarians than a disciplined phalanx. they form a mob around the enemy which takes away the power of the mighty phalanx. i dont know if its like this for everyone or just me and i also know that this mod isnt focused on greece but its kindof a problem. but the rest of the mod is great

0 Turn recuitment, very cheap units, easily richfull economy. What happens to you and the AI doing this? The numbers of your units increase tenfold atleast. I got this idea from Roma Surrectum, if we do this it can be more historicly accurate and much more fun to play. By doing this we fight with 10 full stacks versus 10 full stacks with more than 70.000 troops facing eachother in battle lol.

OR, do that only to the persian units, but also make their units very very weak, make the Greek units the strongest but most expensive, all the other ones in between. That would be historicly accurate and realistic, Greeks fought with small but strong numbers, persians with big numbers but weak troops. If the Greeks can manage to keep the persians from flanking they win no matter what but if the Persians succeed in flanking they're dead men. That's the best thing to do to make this mod even greater. Ofcourse you should first make the persian AI more aggresive and rich, in 500BC they will send 20 stacks to you! LOOOL, it would be realistic but hard to do i guess.

Ooh and make this game compitable to BI and implent shield wall, with this the Greeks grow stronger.

Civis

I dislike 0-turn recruitment.

It makes the game less fun in my opinion.

Makes it easier to recruit, larger armies, realistic battles, nicer battles, historicly more accurate troop numbers and more fun IMO.

well we already have enough troop-spamming AI factions imho

i was playing bi a little today and an idea popped in my head. mabey you could add a horde african faction that emerges from the sarah region. just one of my random ideas =)

Quote Originally Posted by Woestelingh View Post
    well we already have enough troop-spamming AI factions imho
    Not enough^^. It's just for historical reasons though, making the Persians have massive armies, the Greeks the strongest armies and all the other factions in between. If there is historical proof then you could change the size-strenght of a faction. Just imagene screwing 3 full persians stacks with 1 half Lakedaimon stack. Or as Persian just imagine having trouble with 1 stack of Greeks and having to recruit 10 stacks to beat them, or letting those 10 stacks come to the Greeks from all corners of your empire.. fun, historical accurate.

How about 6 turn, 1 elite Lakedaimon unit and 0 turns for the Persians. When they reach you after like 80 turns you have half a stack and they will come with more than 10. You will be stunned by the amount of their troops but eventually you'll find out their troops get killed easily by yours. Having BI compitability would be even greater because the shield wall is like... inpenetreble. Makes for a fun mod doesn't it? Right now i think the biggest problem is that every faction has only like 5 units, that sucks. Still a great great mod. Ooh and i nearly forgot, from 559BC to 490BC isn't long enough, how about to 459BC. A full 400 turns and time enough for the non-aggresive persians to reach your Greeks, imagine those battles!

Another thing is that those elite Persian troops have only 160 units in Huge settings, can that be extended to 240? Or at least 1 of them. Is that easily moddable? If so i can do it myself, just need explenation.

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by James the Red View Post
    The Minoans are an intersting culture, but since they probobly wont be a faction. But it would be interesting to try and survive as them.
    No, I reckon the Minoans definitely won't be a faction in 3.0. Their civilization fell around 900 years before RoP's start date.

jermagon's Avatar Domesticus

I saw this pic many times it's one of Rtw's early promotion pictures but for the 1st time I noticed these Egyptian style walls so could you implant it for the Egyptian faction

George Galloway ''You don't give a damn !!!!!!!!''

Big Pacha's Avatar Campidoctor

Really nice egyptian walls.

Please rework some egyptian unit graphics : the chariots look silly with their "umbrellas" and please make real african/black warriors (like pharaoh's guard, the Meja´), real libyans (those from RTR are nice) etc.

Adding priests and religious matters (as in Med2) would be great, considering the power of Amon or Marduk priests, hellenic ephores and pythies, etc.

Strategy : in the ROP campaign, the Persians hardly rise.
    They should be more powerful at the very beginning, after all Cyrus managed to regroup many persian and median princes under his command. More troops, more aggressive AI for Persians please.

Good luck with all our support

I love the mod in how everything is so original and different from all the other mods. Most units don't have metal on them, but use wood, wicker or cloth. They can therefore run further and faster than most RTW units, regular or modded. The units are also not very price-y, allowing the easy recruiting of armies. The era is also fascinating.

I agree with Bluehoplite85 on the previous page that the hoplon is too large. It's the correct size in loading screens (like the Makedon Aspiditai and Karian Hoplitai, with the shield's diameter less than the length of a leg. But in-game, the shields are huge, almost the entire length of the body and make the Greek units very uncomfortable to look on compared to other mods. So if they could be made the correct size that would be great.

I really want to play the Persians, but the bright orange stripe costume of the sparabara and the orange-yellow stripe costume plus bright shield of the takabara make it rather difficult to make-believe I am commanding the mighty armies of Cyrus when they are clad in carnival colors. Could the units be show in historical colors, or if not, then at least in dull less-colorful version of those colors.

Lastly, if there is a way of implementing the ancient Israel, it would be great. The game starts in 559BC and Jerusalem wasn't taken till 586BC. It'd be very exciting to take little Israel of one city against the Babylonian Empire. Since the mod is on BI, it could even be implemented as an emerging faction if Yerushalayim revolts. But making another faction would be a lot of work, it's a most minute request.
    Last edited by ThePianist; December 15, 2008 at 08:07 AM.

Big Pacha's Avatar Campidoctor

I agree on the persians and also about the Hebrews. They should be a faction, or be included on a "Palestine"' or "IsraŰl" faction. Without any political views (promise!) I'd choose "Palestine" or "Cities of Palestine" so you can include Tyr and the wealthy phoenicians into it. Smaller factions need cash.

Note that It would be relatively easy: the units & buildings are already made (as "asian" rebels). Change some names (ex. the Maccabi composite infantry and of course Hebrew slingers etc) and skin colors (I mean unit graphics), and it's done!

Introducing Hebrews is also a way of introducing Judaism and then monotheism into the game. This is no "little matter" and I repeat, ROP should include religion. This means Synagogues producing Rabbis or Temples of the Sacred Fire producing Zoroastrian priest, and so... BI was made for that!

What do yopu think fellas?
    Last edited by Big Pacha; December 15, 2008 at 09:58 AM. Reason: corrected typing errors because good spelling is a form of politeness ;)

Since Egypt is called Kemet by its original name in that era, so should Israel be called Israel, or even i.s.r.l like how the Kemet language was spelled. That area wasn't called Palestine by the Romans till the year 70AD. some six hundred years later.
    The implementation of religion would do away with the system of government (monarchy, oligarchy, democracy), and I haven't yet had full experience of how it works. So I am not sure about that. It's the first mod in which the BI's religion has been modded to affect barrack construction, and I think it's more complex than having merely religion.
    Last edited by ThePianist; December 16, 2008 at 05:17 PM.

jermagon's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pacha View Post
    Really nice egyptian walls.

Please rework some egyptian unit graphics : the chariots look silly with their "umbrellas" and please make real african/black warriors (like pharaoh's guard, the Meja´), real libyans (those from RTR are nice) etc.
    you're right and I don't like the Syrian slingers too

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pacha View Post
    Strategy : in the ROP campaign, the Persians hardly rise.
    They should be more powerful at the very beginning, after all Cyrus managed to regroup many persian and median princes under his command. More troops, more aggressive AI for Persians please.

Good luck with all our support
    well I disagree with you, I played Persia (it's year 547 BC) I've captured Babylon,Susa,Assyria I took over Media only 3 cties remain.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePianist View Post
    I really want to play the Persians, but the bright orange stripe costume of the sparabara and the orange-yellow stripe costume plus bright shield of the takabara make it rather difficult to make-believe I am commanding the mighty armies of Cyrus when they are clad in carnival colors. Could the units be show in historical colors, or if not, then at least in dull less-colorful version of those colors.
    as far as I know the Achaemenid army was very colorful they used varity of colors for their troops,but the only think I can say about the Persian army in the game that it needs graphic improvement,the persian footsoldiers wore wide pants not tight pants as in ROP,one unit cavalry isn't enough..

Quote Originally Posted by ThePianist View Post
    Lastly, if there is a way of implementing the ancient Israel, it would be great. The game starts in 559BC and Jerusalem wasn't taken till 586BC. It'd be very exciting to take little Israel of one city against the Babylonian Empire. Since the mod is on BI, it could even be implemented as an emerging faction if Yerushalayim revolts. But making another faction would be a lot of work, it's a most minute request.
    my friend I think you forgot that BC's history moves backward this means that KOJ fell 27 years before

George Galloway ''You don't give a damn !!!!!!!!''

I love the mod

everything is great all the graphics and gameplay, however i would jsut love to see more troops because you just have 6 or 7 different unit types in most of the greek tribes and you can recruit them really early on in the game making the battles a bit boring as you progress in the game as it is the same troops over and over again also makedonia and some northern tribes dont have enough spear troop options i know they are not as skilled as the greek factions and they shouldnt be but i am sure they had more variety then what is given which then make the game even more fun

as i am obsessed with makedonia in any mod at any era

and also a bit more variety in troops for the greek factions, i dont know whether that would be historically correct and if not definitely dont put it in but just be nice to see a difference in the troops in greece.

So just more troops for pretty much every faction

Then the game would be

it is really the only reason why i got a bit bored of the game, just not enough variety

otherwise awesome mod kept be playing for a long time loved it and i think i might just go back to it right now

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Suggestions:Implement a soundtrack. Use the autolauncher for the scripts.

How is the progress? There are no news and previews. Will be 3.0 released? And will be al factions complete and playable?

First off... great mod!

I think the top feature I'd like to see improved is the local troop variety.... See RTR and even better RTR EXRM for examples.

More variety in recruitable local troop types and even some unit types unique to a particular province (thessalian cavalry, milesian nobles are examples from RTR)

ya it is a great mod but variety would be nice and mayble some traits and such added in

Page 9 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 34 59 ... LastLast