Page 8 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 33 58 ... LastLast

Thread: ROP v3.0 Suggestions Thread

Default Re: ROP v3.0 Suggestions Thread

A Second Indian faction (obviously the Pandyan tamil Kingdom) would be nice if u have free faction slots...Though they were closer allys with Magadhs, we could have an alternate history in RTW-ROP

And about Gandhara, they were always subjects to someone or the other and were never Indipendent and powerfull faction, Its one of the powerfull tribes and never a faction like Magadh or Paandya...
    Last edited by svramj; November 06, 2008 at 12:45 AM.

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by svramj View Post
    A Second Indian faction (obviously the Pandyan tamil Kingdom) would be nice if u have free faction slots...Though they were closer allys with Magadhs, we could have an alternate history in RTW-ROP

And about Gandhara, they were always subjects to someone or the other and were never Indipendent and powerfull faction, Its one of the powerfull tribes and never a faction like Magadh or Paandya...
    Pandya is already their (its an unplayable faction ATM however).
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

Actually we don't have Pandya as a faction. We had them before, but chose Magadh instead as they were situated more central on the Indian plateau (the actual Pandyan area is barely on our map) and were also very strong.
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

Lead developer of:

Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez

so how comes along the 3.0 version ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Still working hard, don't worry There's still this one ctd that I would like to get rid of before we even consider a release, but it's a tough one and it requires many tests. Otherwise things are going great!

Lead developer of:

i havent played this mod, but i hear theres gonna be a new version so ill wait for that.

So wats goin to be different from the first???

RS Beta Tester - Rome

tanit's Avatar Libertus

This is more of a suggestion for any potential version of this game in M2TW. If you moved your start date back to 611 BC then the Assyrians could be included under their last ruler, Assur-uballit II. All of the other represented nations would still exist I believe, albeit with different rulers and different provinces. Just a thought.
    This war had lasted for three years and four months, and it far excelled all wars we know of in cruelty and defiance of principle. - Polybius, The Histories, On the Mercenaries War.

good to hear that Nero666.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'll wil try the 2.2 relase vesion, but before I'll try it I can say that is a great mod, I'm sure of that!

ROFL Copter's Avatar Vicarius

MAKE GREECE BIGGER!!! Best part of mod, but Greece is just a dot. Even RS can make it bigger, you guys should have greece huge. Just makes it a little less fun.

i have a suggestion, i think u guys should make the hoplon shields smaller, the ones in ur mod are too big.
    Historicly, they were around 1 meter in length ( which i around half the body)
    but ur hoplons are the size of their bodies....it looks weird and itr is wrong

RS Beta Tester - Rome

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by ROFL Copter View Post
    MAKE GREECE BIGGER!!! Best part of mod, but Greece is just a dot. Even RS can make it bigger, you guys should have greece huge. Just makes it a little less fun.
    Isn't the map close to max?:hmmm:

If so, I'd advise against this move. if not, stretch the map!
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

well, its called Rise of Persia, not rise of Greece... most people here seem to prefer playing as the greeks, but the original intention was to make a great mod about the persian struggle for power...

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Woestelingh View Post
    well, its called Rise of Persia, not rise of Greece... most people here seem to prefer playing as the greeks, but the original intention was to make a great mod about the persian struggle for power...
    As much as I'd love a larger Greece, I have to agree with you there. Like you said, Rise of Persia, not Rise of Greece (though I admit, the latter does sound intriguing...)

well for that we ll have to wait for Hegemonia to come out

i love the mod, but there are too few units, so if you haven't added some in the meantime, i would suggest adding some more for 3.0, it kind of gets boring playing with 5 or 6 units, at least for me i think i also noticed some pathfinding issues in cities?

i would agree about making greece bigger and with more provinces, i know this mod is about persia, but it's just a suggestion

btw it might come off like i only complain, but i really like the mod, its one of the best i've tried
    Last edited by Mediteran; November 22, 2008 at 06:06 AM.

I think i would like you to add the building the garden of babylon and the gate of babylon.Second i think you should add the first persian king as king Cyrus II the great.

James the Red's Avatar Campidoctor

The Minoans are an intersting culture, but since they probobly wont be a faction. But it would be interesting to try and survive as them.

Anyways, the mycaneans basicly converted the minoans to there culture when they took over, but if another faction (besides mycaneans and dorians) takes crete can the minoans remain Minoan, as in the units trained there and such.

Also, are the Hittites, Hyksos, Sea peoples, and Dorians inthis game, Im not so sure aboutthe timeline of this period, it starts at the Egyption New kingdom right?
    Last edited by James the Red; December 03, 2008 at 05:14 PM.

Rise of Persia starts in 559 BCE, so I'm afraid hittites and the other faction you mentioned were gone since a long time already. We do have Lydians however, who more or less took the place of the Hittites.

Lead developer of:

This is more of a suggestion for any potential version of this game in M2TW. If you moved your start date back to 611 BC then the Assyrians could be included under their last ruler, Assur-uballit II. All of the other represented nations would still exist I believe, albeit with different rulers and different provinces. Just a thought.
    That was an old, old idea back in the days of Persia: Total War. Unfortunately moving the starting date that far back changes most things so drastically it would barely look like RoP anymore. The Assyrians are a very cool faction idea though. If you're interested in them then you'd love our Babylonian faction. There's a lot of correlation in their forces.

Page 8 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 33 58 ... LastLast