Page 6 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 31 56 ... LastLast

Thread: ROP v3.0 Suggestions Thread

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: ROP v3.0 Suggestions Thread

Is that why the Eurypontid family members in my Spartan campaign aren't showing up on the tree, then?

DR. Hobo. PHD.'s Avatar Campidoctor

first off id like to say, wow, this is a great mod! i started a babylonian campaign, and i have to say thats my favorite faction.
    my only suggestion, would to be to expand the unit roster for the game, just seems kinda bare ATM.

Phalanx300's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Nero666 View Post
    @Phalanx: Obviously our mod is more about the eastern factions than the greeks and that won't change, but thanks for the suggestion - we'll have to see what to do there.
    Yeah, the name says enough. But I was thinking, your also helping the Heg team right? So you have connections.

If it is possible it would be great.

First of all you should make all existing factions playable - I want to play the kushites, the sabaens, the baktrians, ...

If I remember correct, there are 21 faction slots for RTW. As there are now only 19 + 1 for the Rebells, why not adding a 20th faction?

As the east is very underrepresented in comparison to the west I would suggest to add a second Indian faction to make the game in that area more interesting - for example GANDHARA in the Punjab (centered around the town of Taxila)

To add this faction, it would maybe a good idea to create two or three new provinces in that area - The unit roster could be a mix of the Magadha, Bactria and the Massagetes ones (as there were some cultural and economic connections between the Panjab and the steppes north of the hindukush).

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Xerrop View Post
    First of all you should make all existing factions playable - I want to play the kushites, the sabaens, the baktrians, ...

If I remember correct, there are 21 faction slots for RTW. As there are now only 19 + 1 for the Rebells, why not adding a 20th faction?

As the east is very underrepresented in comparison to the west I would suggest to add a second Indian faction to make the game in that area more interesting - for example GANDHARA in the Punjab (centered around the town of Taxila)

To add this faction, it would maybe a good idea to create two or three new provinces in that area - The unit roster could be a mix of the Magadha, Bactria and the Massagetes ones (as there were some cultural and economic connections between the Panjab and the steppes north of the hindukush).

they'll do that-hold on. it takes time to do it when info is scarce-ish, and they are going in 2's faction wise. you should see 2-3 new ones next time around. right now, those others are too empty-just the same boring slection as they're neighbors, if not more so.
    ghandhara is also a hellenistic state from the era of around alexander and later. so no ghandhara
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

Quote Originally Posted by Gen.jamesWolfe View Post
    ghandhara is also a hellenistic state from the era of around alexander and later. so no ghandhara
    As i“m not an expert in ancient indian history, you could be right and it“s not such a good idea to add Ghandhara.

But after reading some posts, i noted that some people prefer another greek faction (Syrakuse, Corinth) - and personally i think, that five greek city-states are enough, as this mod focus on the great empires of ancient asia (Lydia, Babylon, Persia, ...)

So it occured to me, to add maybe a second indian faction as india was far away from being united - and there were many states beside Magadha.
    The other possibilitys i fought were maybe Phoenicia (but they are vassals of Babylonia and would be surrounded by them - so they could not hold out very long - but on the other hand they had included Ionia and there it“s the same with Lydia)
    or
    Colchis - they have free lands around them, to expand around the black sea and towards the Krim peninsula.

But are these two important enough in that era ? ...
    Last edited by Xerrop; September 30, 2008 at 02:18 AM.

We're currently checking out if Gandhara is a good candidate to add to the mod. According to wikipedia they were already in existance in the 6th century bc and they interacted with the persian empire, so it's a possibility.
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

Lead developer of:

Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez

Dionisy's Avatar Civis

Fanks the team for this great work. ROP is a single mod that present a true greek warfare. As a greek fan I started Ionia campain - it`s an interesting combat. I have some suggestions:
    1. Let the computer army will be larger, because in my campain Lydians strikes with host of 3 - 5 troops (h/h level)
    2. The Taras has not enemys exept rebels, may be Tbebes instead Taras will be better.
    3. Why the besoi (thrace as I andestend) have not romphaya?

Do forgive me for my bad English.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero666 View Post
    We're currently checking out if Gandhara is a good candidate to add to the mod. According to wikipedia they were already in existance in the 6th century bc and they interacted with the persian empire, so it's a possibility.
    That“s good to hear – then it was not a bad “nomination”

I have found gandhara on a historic map of Persia and India that span a period of about 300 years and so didn“t know exaktly when an independent state of gandhara existed.

Interacted is eventually not the right phrase
    As I have read meanwhile, they got conquered under the reign of Cambyses or in the early years of Darius the Great (it is not known exactly) – and paid taxes/tribute to the persians, until they became independent sometime between the late 5th or mid 4th century BC – that“s maybe the hellenistic era state, that was mentioned by Gen.jamesWolfe.

A second indian faction would enrich playing Magadha because you don“t have to fight only rebells at the early game.
    The same counts for Baktria – when you invade India you have an organised enemy to beat in the indus valley and not only isolated towns – or maybe you have to defend your own lands against an early indian invasion.
    And as playing persia you can conquer an additional land, that they also conquered in their real history.

p.s. I really enjoy playing this mod - so many thanks to the whole ROP-team for creating the most interesting mod for RTW i have seen so far.
    Last edited by Xerrop; September 30, 2008 at 11:02 AM.

regarding another indian faction i could sugest:kosala,anga,kuru,avanti,kamboja
    regarding the greek factions i think the ones present now in the game are
    enough
    another thing i would like to see in the game is the 0 turn recruitment

isnt cambodja all the way east? far off the current map...

Quote Originally Posted by Woestelingh View Post
    He wasn't referring to Cambodia. The Kamboja were mixed ancestry Indo-Iranians that were at times subjected to Indian states, at times Independent, and had hired themselves out to various larger factions as mercenaries, though I'm not quite sure if they were active in the time period of this mod. I do know they were very active around Baktra in the EB timeframe (272-1st century BC), mostly as mercenaries for the Baktrians, Indo-Greeks, and Indo-Saka. They were remarked upon by Indians of the time because they didn't really follow any "caste system", yet they were effective and brave fighters like the Ksatryas(fighting caste) of India. Indians of the time thought it was strange for "outcastes" to fight bravely and professionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Woestelingh View Post

no,i was refering to kamboja the indian kingdom

Here are some new provinces that I would like to have in the game:

1.) Please add in Nubia the town of Napata. By adding this new province, you should give Axum (Ethiopia) to the Autonomoi – as in real history Kush was concentrated on the nile river.

2.) You could add a new province (with libyan rebells) to the south of Kyrene, so that they can expand to another direction than only to the east - although it would be only one province.

3.) Can you split Macedonia into the two historic parts lower and upper Macedonia?

4.) I would like to see an additional province on the peloponnesus - maybe Arcadia or Korinth? (there is not much space left in this area, but it would be great, when playing Athen or Lakedemonia)
    =====================
    5.) In a game that“s called Rise of Persia, it would be good when they have greater chances to become a world power (when controlled by the AI). Are there any changes or do you have plans to increase Parsas power, and to decrease the strength of Lydia and Bab-Ilu ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dionisy View Post
    1. Let the computer army will be larger, because in my campain Lydians strikes with host of 3 - 5 troops (h/h level)
    2. The Taras has not enemys exept rebels, may be Tbebes instead Taras will be better.
    1.) maybe it helps not attacking their citys at the early game, let them time to build up huger armys, they should earn enough money - as it is in my current campaign

2.) Yes, it“s very boring playing with them - so a big question to the ROP team:
    Does the AI pay attention to winning conditions? each faction has to hold two towns - can you use that in the way that for example Kyrene has to hold Syrakuse and Illyria could hold Apulia (i don“t remember the name of the province, the one northwest from Taras) - as there lived some Illyrian tribes on the adriatic coast of Southern Italy. Maybe they will start naval invasions :hmmm:
    Last edited by rez; October 12, 2008 at 06:33 PM. Reason: dp

As far as I'm aware they do, but they're more eager to do so when we make the faction_creator of a town the faction that should conquer it. But then there might be an issue with revolting settlements, I'm not sure but can test that.
    Will give Lydia some better starting conditions in the next version
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

Lead developer of:

Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez

Quote Originally Posted by Xerrop View Post
    1.) maybe it helps not attacking their citys at the early game, let them time to build up huger armys, they should earn enough money - as it is in my current campaign

2.) Yes, it“s very boring playing with them - so a big question to the ROP team:
    Does the AI pay attention to winning conditions? each faction has to hold two towns - can you use that in the way that for example Kyrene has to hold Syrakuse and Illyria could hold Apulia (i don“t remember the name of the province, the one northwest from Taras) - as there lived some Illyrian tribes on the adriatic coast of Southern Italy. Maybe they will start naval invasions :hmmm:
    1 no it is not
    i have played a campaign with Taras and its not boring
    i personaly prefer that Taras remains in the faction list
    2 make chariots stronger,make them worth using
    not like the ones in vanilla that rout and fall apart after the archers shoot
    a few arows at them

Well, I think that you should give the persians a full army to start with, and a few other things.

* The Arizanti spearmen still hold the spears backwards, and the strukhat cavalry hold their swords as if they were holding spears.

* The Medes had an organized army, and they had their own names.
    1. Spearmen = Rsika
    2. Archers = Anuvaniya
    3. Infantry = Pasti
    4. Cavalry = Asabari, or my own theory: Aspabari (aspa = horse in median) (aspabari)

So you if you could change the name of the strukhatian spearmen to "Rsika Strukhat'i" "Rsika Arizanti'i" "Aspabari Budii'i" "Pasti Buza'i" (The "i" after the clans names derives from how the kurds* say something that is owned to someone)

* The descendants of the medes.

If this could be done, it would have been much more realistic and fun!

*And I think that the greek warriors are much too strong, while the eastern archers are too weak.

* The Budian archers should be stronger than the strukhat, but they are weaker (In missile, defence and attack) and plus that they cost more to upkeep.

* The Arizantian Cavalry are too weak, remember that it was they who conquered the city of Ashur.

* The Buzi infantry are much to weak. They are both more expensive and weaker than the strukhat (They should have more in attack, not defence)

* The indian elephants are too CHEAP! I always have to fight armies filled with 'em.

Well, as you see, I mostly write about the medes (and will continue doing so), because I have read about them for years, but always wanted to play a game with them or seing a median army fighting a persian, thanks!

PS: DON'T FORGET THE ARIZANTIAN SPEARMEN!!!

well waaay more units is needed better unit selection for the nomads like scythia and mazsakata they have a total of 4 units each or something close to that

@Pinkkiller: I think Scythia and Massagetes will have more units, after they have researched them and made them playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Deļoces View Post
    Well, I think that you should give the persians a full army to start with
    Sounds good to help persia when controlled by the AI.

But if the ROP-Team doesn“t want that, whats about giving Persia
    - sligthly more city-income,
    - make the unit recruitment or upkeeping cheaper and
    - increase some unit stats

They have conquered great parts of the ancient world - but in the game, i have never seen a great persian empire
    Last edited by Xerrop; October 05, 2008 at 03:29 PM.

Perhaps a Hebrew faction and one more city state ( like Corinth or Thebes) and remove Taras ? Man , playing with Sparta or Athens and you fight against Strong Rebels . Why each greek rebel city has 10 + units ?

Page 6 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 31 56 ... LastLast