Page 5 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 30 55 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 1190

Thread: ROP v3.0 Suggestions Thread

  1. #81
    Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    4,786

    Default Re: ROP v3.0 Suggestions Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Eduorix View Post
    Hi.

    Is the shieldwall implemented in this mod? It makes hoplite formations look so awesome.
    No. RoP runs through RTW, not BI, so no shield_wall.

  2. #82

    Default Re: ROP v3.0 Suggestions Thread

    Stalins Elite:
    maybe lydia is a bit overpowered, but i've seen as many times the Ionians taking over all of modern turkey and into babylonia...

  3. #83
    Civis
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Australia, Nth Qld
    Posts
    105

    Default Re: ROP v3.0 Suggestions Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Woestelingh View Post
    Stalins Elite:
    maybe lydia is a bit overpowered, but i've seen as many times the Ionians taking over all of modern turkey and into babylonia...
    It's rare. The only time I have seen Ionia take over Lydia was when I played them in SP campaign SE.

  4. #84

    Default Re: ROP v3.0 Suggestions Thread

    The phalanx is not just the macedonian. There's the hoplite too. one used by the likes of the Spartans.

  5. #85
    Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    4,786

    Default Re: ROP v3.0 Suggestions Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Octavius Vatco View Post
    The phalanx is not just the macedonian. There's the hoplite too. one used by the likes of the Spartans.
    Exactly.

  6. #86
    Civis
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Australia, Nth Qld
    Posts
    105

    Default Re: ROP v3.0 Suggestions Thread

    The Hoplites did use a Phalanx formation. I am not arguing against that. But if you re-read my initial post you'll see that I clearly state that it was nothing like the Macedonian Phalanx, so what is the point of trying to get the RoP team to implement a powerful Macedonian style Phalanx in this Mod? So pretty much all I was saying is all these mods centered around the Roman time frame (RS, EB, ect ect. Although great mods). Have no purpose having their Hellenic features implemented in a mod about ancient Persia. The armour was different, the weapons were even slightly different. At the time of Rome, most Hellenic factions had adopted the Macedonian style Phalanx. But it clearly was not present in the 6th century BC as Macedon was still more a small tribal federation as such rather then a powerful kingdom. So using Phalanx examples from a 2nd/3rd century BC mod centered around Rome has no purpose or relevance to 6th century BC Persia mod. SE.

  7. #87

    Default Re: ROP v3.0 Suggestions Thread

    It was indeed nothing like the macedonian.
    But a small twick on it like in RG mod would make it.
    interlocking their shoulds and holding there spears overhand. not like the macedonian one..

  8. #88
    Civis
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Australia, Nth Qld
    Posts
    105

    Default Re: ROP v3.0 Suggestions Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Octavius Vatco View Post
    It was indeed nothing like the macedonian.
    But a small twick on it like in RG mod would make it.
    interlocking their shoulds and holding there spears overhand. not like the macedonian one..
    Check out the Paeninsular Italica mod. The Magna Graecia factions have the sheild wall ability implemented for their Hoplite units. Spear over they're shoulders and sheilds interlocking, looks like the formations in the 300 movie. SE.

  9. #89

    Default Re: ROP v3.0 Suggestions Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Octavius Vatco View Post
    Perhaps enabling the phalanx formation?


    perhaps it will look like this...?

    Check this out... It looks like the sheild wall formation but its not.. It uses the phalanx..
    suitful since ROP is not using the B.I exe

  10. #90
    Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    4,786

    Default Re: ROP v3.0 Suggestions Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Stalins_Elite View Post
    The Hoplites did use a Phalanx formation. I am not arguing against that. But if you re-read my initial post you'll see that I clearly state that it was nothing like the Macedonian Phalanx, so what is the point of trying to get the RoP team to implement a powerful Macedonian style Phalanx in this Mod? So pretty much all I was saying is all these mods centered around the Roman time frame (RS, EB, ect ect. Although great mods). Have no purpose having their Hellenic features implemented in a mod about ancient Persia. The armour was different, the weapons were even slightly different. At the time of Rome, most Hellenic factions had adopted the Macedonian style Phalanx. But it clearly was not present in the 6th century BC as Macedon was still more a small tribal federation as such rather then a powerful kingdom. So using Phalanx examples from a 2nd/3rd century BC mod centered around Rome has no purpose or relevance to 6th century BC Persia mod. SE.
    Reread my post. I made no mention of putting the Macedonian phalanx in RoP.
    I suggested removing phalanx ability from the EDU, then editing unit spacing to where the hoplites stand shoulder-to-shoulder, with their shields overlapping.

    Like this, but with spears wielded overhand ~

  11. #91
    Civis
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Australia, Nth Qld
    Posts
    105

    Default Re: ROP v3.0 Suggestions Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Octavius Vatco View Post
    Check this out... It looks like the sheild wall formation but its not.. It uses the phalanx..
    suitful since ROP is not using the B.I exe
    No the Phalanx's are alot tighter, so it acctually looks like one solid impregnable wall of spears and sheilds. This is my first attempt at a screenie here so I hope it works. SE.
    Last edited by Stalins_Elite; September 11, 2008 at 05:23 AM.

  12. #92

    Default Re: ROP v3.0 Suggestions Thread

    Your right.........

  13. #93

    Default Re: ROP v3.0 Suggestions Thread

    just a few sugestions:
    -make all factions playable -more units
    -more wonders/unique buildings
    -reskin some of the old units
    -make Lydia a greek faction and Magadha a proper indian one(no eastern family members and buildings)

    great job with the mod
    good luck with the next version

  14. #94

    Default Re: ROP v3.0 Suggestions Thread

    Sparta had two kings, right? So I think it would be cool if Sparta had two faction leaders, if you could do that.
    Just a thought.

  15. #95
    Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    4,786

    Default Re: ROP v3.0 Suggestions Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Cubsdude View Post
    Sparta had two kings, right? So I think it would be cool if Sparta had two faction leaders, if you could do that.
    Just a thought.
    That does sound cool, but I don't think it's possible, though.

  16. #96

    Default Re: ROP v3.0 Suggestions Thread

    I think the chariots are WAY too vulnerable to missiles, its slightly ridic lol

  17. #97

    Default Re: ROP v3.0 Suggestions Thread

    Actually we're already trying to reflect that sparta had two kings, we've got two family trees implemented, one for each king. RTW isn't the ideal game to do that though, as we can only get that close to reality

    We'll look at the chariots. They are always vulnerable against javelin missiles btw. If it would be in real-life, you can expect that when you throw a javelin at a chariot, the javelin gets stuck somewhere, like in the wheel, and crumbles the chariot If it's also vulnerable against archer fire, we might have to change something.

    Other suggestions noted, we'll keep them in mind
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

    Lead developer of:

    Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez

  18. #98
    Phalanx300's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,542

    Default Re: ROP v3.0 Suggestions Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nero666 View Post
    Actually we're already trying to reflect that sparta had two kings, we've got two family trees implemented, one for each king. RTW isn't the ideal game to do that though, as we can only get that close to reality

    We'll look at the chariots. They are always vulnerable against javelin missiles btw. If it would be in real-life, you can expect that when you throw a javelin at a chariot, the javelin gets stuck somewhere, like in the wheel, and crumbles the chariot If it's also vulnerable against archer fire, we might have to change something.

    Other suggestions noted, we'll keep them in mind
    Mmm, maybe asking permission to HTW to use some of their work to add some more focus on the western factions .

  19. #99

    Default Re: ROP v3.0 Suggestions Thread

    Wait, so you already have that double-family-tree feature in the mod, or you're still working on it? Because I only have 1 tree, and if I'm supposed to have two something may be wrong...

  20. #100

    Default Re: ROP v3.0 Suggestions Thread

    Yeah but RTW only shows the one that holds the current faction leader. So if you appoint someone of the other family as the heir, that tree will appear and the original tree will be hidden as soon as he becomes the faction leader.

    @Phalanx: Obviously our mod is more about the eastern factions than the greeks and that won't change, but thanks for the suggestion - we'll have to see what to do there.
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

    Lead developer of:

    Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez

Page 5 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 30 55 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •