Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 28 53 ... LastLast

Thread: ROP v3.0 Suggestions Thread

Default Re: ROP v3.0 Suggestions Thread

A voicemod is in the works at the moment so thats something to look forward to.

As for the Babylonian names I will take a look into that and get back to you. i'm just moving house at the moment so don't think I've forgotton about you if it takes a little while.

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

ok. I'm just out to help. I'm using an online dictionary though-so you might acually find something better looking a second time.

Tomorrow (14th of may) we will release a new patch, v2.22, which is mainly a gameplay improvement patch with lots of rebalancing and other changes, but which also comes with bugfixes including a fix for a battle CTD experienced by some people, and a possible fix for the campaign CTDs.
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

Lead developer of:

Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez

shweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Mighty Sultan's Avatar Decanus

Improve your Egyptians because they are not looking very egyptian like.Do you like the Egyptians?if you like them see this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=172732
    Last edited by Nero666; June 20, 2008 at 04:04 AM. Reason: fixed hyperlink

The Colonel's Avatar Biarchus

Id like to see a few more things.

1) WAY more aggressive persia.

2) the spartan units in the game are ridicoulously similar to all other hoplites. I dont think that that reflects the training that the spartans went through.

3)Also, all the hoplites look a little too similar, and i get confused in battles due to this sometimes.lol

4)Could you extend the mod to the era when persia tried to conquer greece? i think it had a significant impact on the history of persia. It would be cool that an ioanian revolt could be triggered (after persia owns ionia for a few turns), and starting the persian war with greece.

5)AOR system so that factions can train native units, like if athens conquer sparta, they get spartan hoplites, persia conquers India they get elephants, etc.

Colonel(no I'm no developer):
    1)its already as aggressive as it is really. the developers have balanced this mod so as to be historically accurate as possible. so, they didn't make persia a powerhouse of aggression. you'll have to rule it to be one.
    2)..all hoplites fought the exact same way: spear overarm, close order, head to head. even the spartans did that..besides, they're main (read only) distinctions are their red clokes and their extremely conservative ways. they have every reason to look similar to everyone else at the time period: they looked similar in 272BC to them (spartans) in 559BC (save for standard shields and the pilos-petasos combo helm)
    3)the shields are different enough. I know your feeling: I was also confused, until I memorized all the blazons-then I did well to recognize everyone.
    4)hmm.interesting idea. but they'll have to do a boatload of scripting-something that is a drain of energy really. besides, what guarantees the ionian revolt will happen? the trigger historically is the burning of a temple in persian rule(meaning Parsa needs to be a power)..
    5)ditto here too. I doubt the developers will do that-for historical reasons..besides, a few cultures have some of what you ask (bab ilu did in 2.1 dunno about 2.2, as I am currently with Makedon playing as captain general of greece.)

The Colonel's Avatar Biarchus

Your'e probably right about the hoplites. But didnt the persians incorporate units into their armies from native culutres? Forgive if I am wrong, i just think it would be more accurate. As for the revolt, there is no gaurentee for it to happen, just ONLY IF the persians hold certain settlements(when ur playing as persia, and u get that far, wouldnt it be cool for something to happen since u already control the world?). Like in EB (not comparing btw, just an example) that when u attack byzantion, u go to war with the pontics, so when persia attacks or controls Ionia, they go to war with the greeks.

Well we do have a full AOR system in place already, actually. If you conquer a region with Persia, you will have new (local)units to recruit in your army. Same counts for all factions except the Greeks, Kemet and Kush if I remember correctly.

There's one way this could happen hard-coded - that's if we would use the BI exe. If we would then put Ionia in the Lydian faction from the start, and a different faction conquers the Ionian regions, the Ionians will be spawned. But in RTW we can make it with a fairly easy script that warring with Ionia means warring with the rest of Greece as well. We might also give Persia some extra hand in a future patch, though we will have to test alot as to not make them overpowered.

Spartan hoplites are the strongest units in the game, don't worry
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

Lead developer of:

Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez

Turnus's Avatar il Flagello dei Buffoni

How about some unique buildings? The purpose of some of these would mainly be for the player to destroy, yielding thousands of gold (or even tens of thousands, depending on which is sacked). They would, of course, also provide bonuses to the holder (e.g. public order, religion, trade). These would mean that the player could benifit greatly from the sacking of a city (without neccessarily staying around to conquer the region).

Some ideas:

Asia
    Babylon - Palace, Temple of Marduk (or the rebuilt Etemenanki Ziggurat), Hanging Gardens, Ishtar Gate.
    Assur - Temple of Ashur.
    Sardis - Lydian Palace (this could be one of the most costly).
    Possibly also the Temple of Artemis at Ephesus, completed at about the time in which the mod begins.

Greece
    Delphi - Treasuries of Apollo.
    Athens - Temple to Olymipian Zeus, Temples on the Akropolis (first major set built at around the start of the mod).

Egypt
    Thebes - Karnak Temple
    Memphis - Temple of Ptah
    Sais - Royal Egyptian Palace

I'm not sure if there are any buildings like this that the player can construct, but perhaps they could be included. Possibly structures such as the Second Temple (Jerusalem), the Persepolis palace complex, or the completion of the Temple of Artemis at Ephesus and the Athenian Akropolis Temples.

Also, can we perhaps have some flavour for naval units? Simply naming them Phoenician or Egyptian accordingly would go a long way. Great mod guys, I'll think of some more ideas after playing some more.
    Last edited by Turnus; July 19, 2008 at 08:35 AM.
    Force Diplomacy Modifications for Rise of Persia 2.11 Beta and Roma Surrectum 1.5a.
    Member of S.I.N.
    Under the patronage of Obi Wan Asterix

i'd like to see stronger spartiatai and syracuse and Corinth has factions
    "If they can prevent me from going as an Emperor, they cannot
    prevent me from abdicating and going as a Fatherland Volunteer"
    - Dom Pedro II during the Paraguayan invasion of Brazil.

War In Our Doorstep (LOTR_TW Rohan AAR )
    A Cobra Vai Fumar! (Brazilian HoI 3 TFH AAR)
    Age of the Bren (EB Casse AAR)

Hound of Ulster's Avatar Senator

0-turn recruiting, but only for cheaper units.
    'Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War' Plato

'Killing is Negotiating' A militiaman in 'Blackhawk Down'

Icon14 Re: ROP v3.0 Suggestions Thread

Giving Persia some wealth wouldn't harm, and perhaps (if possible and appropriate) modify their AI to be more expansive?

And of course, any other improvements are very appreciated! It is mods like these that always makes me return to TW. [I hope CA further realises the real value of mods, and that they show initiative in providing useful tools for E:TW modders]

Voice mod sounds interesting, great job!

Tooz's Avatar Libertus

Despite their general unpopularity in BI, how about porting ROP to BI and include the diverse priests used by each faction?

and shield wall would be awesome
    "If they can prevent me from going as an Emperor, they cannot
    prevent me from abdicating and going as a Fatherland Volunteer"
    - Dom Pedro II during the Paraguayan invasion of Brazil.

War In Our Doorstep (LOTR_TW Rohan AAR )
    A Cobra Vai Fumar! (Brazilian HoI 3 TFH AAR)
    Age of the Bren (EB Casse AAR)

Phalanx300's Avatar Protector Domesticus

If the AI would use it to then yes, but AI rarely uses it thats why I prefer short_pike over Shieldwall. It just isn't fun if your the only one which uses a certain formation and the AI just doesn't.

Since you now have included 4tpy: ExRM (currently by Quinn Innuit) has recently found a way so you don't have to click the advisor anymore every time you load a game, but the 4tpy turns on itself automatically. Now I haven't installed the most recent version yet so I haven't seen it with my own eyes, but maybe this is something you might find interesting for your mod...

better graphics and longer battles

Personified Boredom's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Phalanx300 View Post
    If the AI would use it to then yes, but AI rarely uses it thats why I prefer short_pike over Shieldwall. It just isn't fun if your the only one which uses a certain formation and the AI just doesn't.
    I recall that in FATW, most units that could make a shield wall did, the AI guaranteed it. I don't know if they did any tweaking in that regard. Likewise, in BI playing either H/VH the AI will make a shieldwall when ever possible.

Just observations.

Not saying I like it. I prefer the current iteration of the hoplites.

heiro's Avatar Laetus

New Units for factions, not just different textures. Many towns in Greece had their own ways of life, almost every town had their own style hoplite. Thebai should have theban hoplites and so on. I think there were 20 different hoplites all around Greece almost no cavalry units except for scouts and some sword wielding units. Spartans had 3 type of units, who all were trained better then any other soldier. The training was same, but they were grouped by wealth, more wealthy, the better armor they could afford.

My suggestions are
    -add more units and remodel some of the old ones what are just textured for different factions.
    -Maybe even more factions, as most towns in Greece were independent.
    -More historical battles, and time fare from 559 BC to 470 BC.

Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 28 53 ... LastLast