Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 27 52 ... LastLast

Thread: ROP v3.0 Suggestions Thread

Default Re: ROP v3.0 Suggestions Thread

Make the Persians more of a threat. It's kinda hard right now since their Economy isnt that great, thus they dont hold a feather by the time you reach them(They wont reach you, they're that bad) if you're playing any Greek Faction.

I thought the Persian lands were rich... They should be making decent wealth to combat the greeks which boom into wealthiness when you take afew Port Cities.

I think this one is looks easier than that from the Praetorians game....
    Last edited by Octavius Vatco; June 04, 2008 at 02:39 AM.

Deathbypepsi's Avatar Foederatus

a quick question, why are there a few provinces without cities? e.g. north of illyria and in arabia.
    also, id be very interested to playtest battle lengths, assuming that offers still open?
    "What? In Mercia? the coconut is tropical!"
    Editor of the Athenian chronicle- a respectable newspaper based on ROP v2.2

Senator
    In the icey lands of Norway... which aren't actually icey... more like rainy.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathbypepsi View Post
    a quick question, why are there a few provinces without cities? e.g. north of illyria and in arabia.
    I think this is to represent nomadic or unstable areas, and it is implemented rather nicely.

Aetius's Avatar Vae victis

Quote Originally Posted by hekk View Post
    I think this is to represent nomadic or unstable areas, and it is implemented rather nicely.
    Yeah Germania, Yuezhi, Arabia, and Sahara were never really important at all in this time period. They had almost no level of civilization, just small bands of people barely existing.
    Blut und Boden

Nerro666,please make battle more longer and persian army more stronger especially immortals and make a better diplomacy
    p.s. how about to add new buildings
    Last edited by zmv; May 18, 2008 at 11:36 AM.

For now, I think you should change the khopesh. In the mod it is used like a sickle, however it should be edged on the outer side of the curve.

Default Re: Suggestions for future versions

I'm guessing Saba is going to look way different from EB's Saba? No armored units? Or will there like 1 noble with scale?

- waaaaaaaay more units (with AOR)

- more buildings

- more unique buildings in EB-style

I like this mod
    Patronised by Voltaire le Philosophe

Therefore One hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the most skillful. Seizing the enemy without fighting is the most skillful. War is of vital importance to the state and should not be engaged carelessly... - Sun Tzu

Orochimaru & Aizen you must Die!! Bankai Dattebayo!!

jermagon's Avatar Domesticus

more Traits&ancy,titles for the Egyptians,and new building (non Graphic) like the great temple of AmonRaa in Thebes aka Karnak. also Thebes should start with a great temple.I could help with the Egyptian traits I'll post them if you are interested
    Edit: the guys in Res Bellicae made some cool walls specially the Egyptian one so can you ask their permission for your mod??
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showp...46&postcount=1
    Last edited by jermagon; May 29, 2008 at 04:21 PM.

George Galloway ''You don't give a damn !!!!!!!!''

Phalanx300's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Some important things:

Change money and stat issues with units(some hoplites have the exact same stats but the one cost almost 400 more $).

Let the same units look different with other factions(mainly the Greek Hoplite ones).

Use more units(maybe some AOR Hoplite units).

A landbridge between Athens and Eretria to make it more likely for it to be captured.

And use all possible faction slots(If you haven't already that is ).

These above things would be nice to see though it would probably require alot of work.

Well the balancing of the units is already going to change alot in our next patch, which should be released in a matter of weeks. Testing shows that the auto-resolve balance is also much more accurate now, after implementing changes based on fatw research to this feature.
    New units and/or factions are probably (actually I'm quite sure) not going to be in this patch, but in our next major release there will be at least one new faction playable. Which it is, will be revealed later
    I will test what happens when putting a landbridge there; it might be a good addition, even though athens doesn't regularly lose in my campaigns (but most of the time I play eastern factions, so the ai in greece doesn't care alot about me).
    There will also be some changes to the trade value of resources, as well as better starting diplomacy and core_attitudes (coded attitude of one faction to another), as those haven't been updated for quite some time even though there were many changes in the mod.
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

Lead developer of:

Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez

Agisilaos's Avatar GREECE - ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

all these changes will certainly improve the mod nice job
    Macedones were, are and will always be Greeks
    Under the Noble Patronage of jimkatalanos and proud patron of Agis Tournas and cocobongoclub-DJ
    Terrae Expugnandae, Imperial Might, Mythology, Complete Byzantine Roster, Ruins of glory, Sparta 3, Hegemonia City States, Roma Surrectum 2,300 Warlords of Sparta, Sparta 3.5, Classical Age Total War
    watch this
    , this and this
    Τακτική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις αν υπάρχει κάτι που μπορείς να κάνεις.
    Στρατηγική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις όταν δεν υπάρχει τίποτα να κάνεις.

Phalanx300's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Indeed, nice to hear that . Also I forgot to say 2 things, 1 to make the battles last longer as units are getting killed quite fast, and 2 to make missles less overpowered, they seem a bit to overpowered to me.

It's probably said but slow combat down. Right now, battles are over in a matter of seconds. I realize if you go too extreme, archers become useless. At the same time, I would like battles to sometimes come down to, who can flank first.

I'm all for more lanbridges connecting mainland areas to eachother and to small islands/sandbridges near them. You'know, to encourage the AI to expand to those easy areas.

Between islands it would be ok, but between landmasses we will not put them (like between Lydia and Greece) as they turn out to give very bad gameplay (Lydia steamrolling the entire camp map).
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

Lead developer of:

Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez

Please make persia army many stronger,make cavalry & horse archer become real for persia

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

adad: horse archers were for hunting among the Mada and parsa; javelins were preferred instead. and why make them any stronger? they're a $&#@ to fight as bab-ilu

if you want HA's go to bab-ilu. they have 2 units of them.

anyways I have 3 proposals to make(up to you all to decide on):

1-change the way hoplitai held they're spears. they had longer spears, and were held close to the back end rather that fron (light_spear attribute simulates length). this also means undoing the short_pike attribute, which I find to be historically dodgy at best (players-learn to use the guard mode button)

2-change the guard and perhaps the vocabulary of the bab-ilu army: I've uncovered better phrases in my study of Akkadian:

chariot: magarru or narkabtu

archer: māḫiṣu,ṣāb qassi being the unit. which raises the quesiton: why are the heavy archers called "men of the sword"?

guards(general's): pētḫal qurubte (singular-plural I dunno). they were heavy cavalry, not chariotry(apparently only the general himself had the chariot). this also means that sha pethalli is just cavalry (regardless of armor). pethallu is a warhore, wth a colloquial meaning of cavalry.
    I quote http://www.premiumwanadoo.com/cuneif...ary/search.php
    as my source
    3-this may not be possible, but why not: how about a voicemod? I'm fed up with vanilla sound-how about you all?

I am giving these as suggestions. its up to you all to follow.

legio_XX's Avatar Ordinarius

um i dont know but i kinda think you should have diff looking spartans. i know the spartans satrted using linin thorax during the plep war (pual cartulage the spartans) but in my thoughts i miss the lamda haha. great mod though caint wait to play it
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 27 52 ... LastLast