Page 10 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 35 ... LastLast

Thread: ROP v3.0 Suggestions Thread

Default Re: ROP v3.0 Suggestions Thread

One more thing... there should be more limitations on recruitment.. for example.. spartans should only be recruitable in sparta

Hoplites should only be recruitable in hellenistic areas

etc etc

I also think all factions should be allowed to use AOR units.... however the AOR units available to each faction in the same province might be quite different

Quote Originally Posted by pdanders View Post
    One more thing... there should be more limitations on recruitment.. for example.. spartans should only be recruitable in sparta
    that's already implied? in other cities the spartans can only recruit sucky troops

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

That would defeat the purpose of having Sparta as an independent faction, though. If I play the campaign as Sparta, then I want to use actual Spartiates in battle, not some low-level universal levy hoplite like the Dorikoi Hoplite.

But I would definitely champion the idea of the higher-level Hippeis units of the Greek factions becoming unique to their respective capital cities. But that's up to Nero, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woestelingh View Post
    that's already implied? in other cities the spartans can only recruit sucky troops
    Once the government level (oligarchy) reaches something like 30% acceptance in a settlement, Spartiate Hoplites become recruitable.

Actually normal Spartiatai can be recruited in any region owned by Sparta, provided that Sparta itself has built an urban barracks in the city. Spartiatai Hippeis (heaviest one) can only be recruited in the city of Sparta.
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

Lead developer of:

Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez

cool, ive never seen that, maybe i have to build better barracks then. is this the same for specific athenian hoplites?

Yep it is I believe the best barracks can only be built in the biggest cities, so I'd get some huge cities at a distance from my capital, then u can have top notch units everywhere.
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

Lead developer of:

Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez

Quote Originally Posted by Nero666 View Post
    Spartiatai Hippeis (heaviest one) can only be recruited in the city of Sparta.
    I could have sworn I'd recruited them in Athens and Argos in past campaigns. :hmmm:

'Allo fellow RoP players! Well, I have a suggestion. I realize this issue has probably been raised, but it matters quite a lot to me.

This mod is fantastic, but one thing really threw me off: the tiny rosters. Perhaps in 4.0, they could be diversified a tiny bit?

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

AqD's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

First off... great mod!

I think the top feature I'd like to see improved is the local troop variety.... See RTR and even better RTR EXRM for examples.

More variety in recruitable local troop types and even some unit types unique to a particular province (thessalian cavalry, milesian nobles are examples from RTR)
    I second that too. Need more units!

I think the number one thing everyone wants is more variety in units. I now i do

agree

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
    That would defeat the purpose of having Sparta as an independent faction, though. If I play the campaign as Sparta, then I want to use actual Spartiates in battle, not some low-level universal levy hoplite like the Dorikoi Hoplite.

But I would definitely champion the idea of the higher-level Hippeis units of the Greek factions becoming unique to their respective capital cities. But that's up to Nero, though.

Once the government level (oligarchy) reaches something like 30% acceptance in a settlement, Spartiate Hoplites become recruitable.

You still could... you would just have to train them and retrain them in sparta... which makes the game more "realistic" (IMO) and more challenging....

I play this mod and ExRM quite a bit... ExRM does this very well... some troops can never be recruited outside of certain areas.. so you have to plan and shuttle armies back and forth... and in general it takes a very long time to build up a settlement to build the top troops (like legionaires after the reforms)...

I'll add that zero turn recruitment is a bad idea... Way too much unit spam and way, way too many battles.

Heck.. if you don't go east early you already have to defend against army after army with elephants!

ANTIGONOS7's Avatar Libertus

Icon10 Re: ROP v3.0 Suggestions Thread

PLEASE CAN YOU ADD THE MACEDONIAN FACTION WITH PHALANGISTS AND PLS IF YOU CAN EDIT THE HOPILATES TO FIGHT WITH SPEAR AND SWORD
    PLS!!!

persianfan247's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by ANTIGONOS7 View Post
    PLEASE CAN YOU ADD THE MACEDONIAN FACTION WITH PHALANGISTS AND PLS IF YOU CAN EDIT THE HOPILATES TO FIGHT WITH SPEAR AND SWORD
    PLS!!!
    Dude the Macedonians did not have PHALANGITAI in this time period
    nor did they have Lebanese Kataeb Party http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phalangists

You still could... you would just have to train them and retrain them in sparta... which makes the game more "realistic" (IMO) and more challenging....
    Pretty much the same situation as in vanilla RTW, XGM, and so on. No thank you.
    If I'm rampaging through Persia with a Spartan army and suffer a defeat (however rare that occurance is...), I don't like the idea of having to march that decimated army all the way across the world to a specific city to replenish it.

The realism factor takes a backseat to the gameplay factor, IMO. That's why EB is significantly lower on my favorites list than it is on everybody else's.
    I play this mod and ExRM quite a bit... ExRM does this very well... some troops can never be recruited outside of certain areas.. so you have to plan and shuttle armies back and forth... and in general it takes a very long time to build up a settlement to build the top troops (like legionaires after the reforms)...
    That's great if you like to play that way, but I don't. When I select Lakadaimon on the faction selection screen, it means I want to play as the Spartans, with Spartan military units.
    Quote Originally Posted by ANTIGONOS7 View Post
    PLS!!!
    1. Dude, you don't need to use capitals for every letter.
    2. And like persianfan already stated, pike phalanxes are out of the ROP timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pacha View Post
    Really nice egyptian walls.

Please rework some egyptian unit graphics : the chariots look silly with their "umbrellas" and please make real african/black warriors (like pharaoh's guard, the Mejaï), real libyans (those from RTR are nice) etc.
    RoP is not "Return of the Mummy - the PC Game". Nubian Medjay as elite force is a some 1000 years of the mark, already during the new kingdom the medjay were neither Nubian nor a crack force, but rather policing officers of native Egyptian descent. RTR's Libyans are not that far off the mark, since they are intended for timeframe starting 'just' a few hundred years after RoP's timeframe ends. Our Libyans are true to the sources, mostly Herodotos (while far from optimal, it's the best we have).
    ... and the Pharaoh liked his 'umbrellas'
    Ρέζου λογίου πελάτης (Client of the eloquent Rez)

i only request updated skins

jermagon's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by The Guy With No Imagination View Post
    i only request updated skins
    I agree with you, the skins look far outdated compared to EB, Invsio barbarourum, and please please improve the trait system cause it's very premitive..
    no offence guys I love this mod so much -cause I love this part of time alot- and I wish you good luck in the upcoming version...

George Galloway ''You don't give a damn !!!!!!!!''

ROFL Copter's Avatar Vicarius

Seriously, MAKE GREECE BIGGER! Everyone likes Greece and its too small!

Page 10 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 35 ... LastLast