Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 26 51 ... LastLast

Thread: ROP v3.0 Suggestions Thread

Default ROP v3.0 Suggestions Thread

Hej there,

I think it would make sense to open a new Suggestions thread, as the previous one is over 200 posts long and now outdated due to v2.2. As you can read from the title, our next big version will be v3.0, but there's will be some patches to v2.2 too before 3.0 will come out.
    We would like to hear any suggestion on any part of ROP, let it be a feature request, a suggestion to move a river ford to a different position, or whatever comes up to you, here's the place to let us know

Thanks for your interest in ROP, and have fun playing

-ROP Team
    Last edited by Nero666; May 12, 2008 at 07:17 PM.
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

Lead developer of:

Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez

Phalanx300's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: ROP vx.x Suggestions Thread

Mmm, lets see, how about to make all campaign factions playable and fix broken unit cards(right clicking on a unit in campaign). And if some faction slots are unused to add more factions . How about Syracuse(I'm not sure if it was that powerfull at this time)? Also, I notice that alot of unit slots are still unused, so more units would also be great (and make some units more appropiate, like when your sparta the akonstitai will be named different and look different then those of other factions, and maybe some more faction specific troops ).
    Last edited by Phalanx300; May 12, 2008 at 02:00 PM.

Senator
    In the icey lands of Norway... which aren't actually icey... more like rainy.

More buildings, units, traits, improved AI.

Would be great if if something could make the economy a bit harder.

But great mod nevertheless!

edited: it would be nice if rebels appeared less often, because in each campaign I get spammed by brigands which is annoying.
    Last edited by hekk; May 13, 2008 at 11:57 AM.

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

I say this: make Pandya and Saba playable...

Well Pandya isn't a faction in v2.2 - but we do intend to work on Saba (As well as the other unplayble factions). It takes time though, as we need to research and then we need (wo)manpower enough to actually produce the armies.

Lead developer of:

Venta Icenor Um's Avatar Civis

Default Re: ROP v3.0 Suggestions Thread

I would like to see Rebels who actually put up a fight
    Those who live by the sword, Play Total War

Being a simple fan, I have but two requests for the ultimate Rise of Persia:

1. Bigger map -- much bigger, not just in scope, but in scale. Think of a map the scale as the Hegemonia map

2. Two Free factions -- Free Greeks and Free Easterners (as XGM has)...

That two rebel factions idea is rather clever.

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

I suggest a few more things:
    1-no howdahs for the indians-that's a 3rd century BC invention.
    2-you can achieve superior cohesion without the need for the short pike attribe (simple: tighten the darn formation).
    3-the Autonomoi need a new captain/ general.
    4-do like EB, and set faction goals (not the conquer 50 prov. BS). that is far more fun, and less tedious AFAIK.
    5-when nomad arab auxiliaries (not the city poeple) are made for Saba, please make sure you follow the guidelines in the following website:
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=102576
    I'm fed up with inaccurate tailormade clothing in every mod with the Arabs in it...this is all the product of research, from a book on pre islamic dress (also arab dress in general.). as for the sabaen city poeple, I dunno.

EDIT: the Arbs are in this case from the northwestern section of the penninsula
    Last edited by Gen.jamesWolfe; July 06, 2008 at 03:22 AM.

Spartan Soldier's Avatar Libertus

You should let it work with ALX.exe and make more general models.

Athkara's Avatar Tiro

I'd say increase the scale of the map to the 1021px limit and fill up all 199 city slots. And definately make the rebels stronger and/or go for a Free People faction.
    260 BC: Asia ton Barbaron - submod for EB ------- Yuezhi/Wusun historian and mapper
    Asia ton Barbaron Map Preview I
    Asia ton Barbaron Map Preview II

kekesvar.bingos's Avatar Miles
    The Only and Ultimate Walachian Kingdoms (err yes, there are more of them...)

well, the idea with more agressive rebels (or independent reigns) sounds pretty good, but if i remember correctly, there was some cheat wich allowed you to play for them and i guess they were pretty bankrupt all the time (there was a possibility of a script, giving them money i think). is there a simple way to make them "more" independent" and acting for themselves (and NOT acting like One Big Faction) or you would have to completely rewright the AI? (since i cant recall having seen rebels like that in any other mod it propably will be a problem)... anyway great mod

Well, in RS they gave a entire faction to play as the Free Peoples, so you have the Rebels and the Free Peoples, the Free Peoples represent strong regional powers who couldn't be added at factions. And Maybe Syracuse would be a good addition?

Aetius's Avatar Remove Kebab

-Remove Taras, put in another greek faction from the mainland (Corinth, Thebes)

-Make Scythia and Egypt stronger

-Make Babylon, Lydia, Illyrians and Kushites weaker

-Increase rebel garrison sizes in India a lot

-Remove the province that occupies the present day al-anbar proince of Iraq (forget its name in ROP) and combine it with the Arabian no settlement province

I advice putting in Corinth, it would be a major point to have in the Sparta/ Athens war. I also advice a (kindoff forgot the name) a water road from Athens to Eretria, this would enable Athens AI to not waste their army against Thebes, or at least to capture something while not losing almost their entire army. And I advice to lengten the battles and making the fighting more realistic by making unit die slower(sortoff like EB). And I would also like more City-State factions, but I don't know if this is possible.

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

I should probably point out that Korinthos is not a city on the campaign map! Argos, however, is. The problem is however that such a faction would only end up getting exterminated within the first few turns of the game. I personally had considered adding Syrakousai as a faction to counterbalance Taras though.

Yes, and then maybe also a landbridge between Sicily and Italy, and between Turkey and Contantinople(that area).

Oh the landbridges for sure will not come back - we tried it out a few versions ago but it just ended in Lydia steamrolling all of greece and the balkans, which was quite annoying.

Making units die slower is a good thing, we have to look into that very thoroughly and spend quite some time on it. Maybe it's an idea to make a group of playtesters that compares all factions against a reference army. Would anyone be interested in this?

Lead developer of:

i say more varied units for all the faction especialy the greek ones, even if it mean's just a little skinning and renaming the unit name, that say i share the same point of view with phalanx300....

The landbridge between Athens and Chalcis is probably quite necesarry for the Athens AI. Also have you tried to edit it so that the AI will prefer naval invasions(RS does this)?

Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 26 51 ... LastLast