Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: ROP v2.2 bug reports

Default Re: ROP v2.2 bug reports

huh well i tried installin patch again but doesn't seem to work with patch at all... wierd:hmmm:...

Mod seems quite stable at this stage, I have noticed only 1 bug; whenever I go to recruit units, there is always an extra slot of the lowest level infantry available for that faction that is identical to the 1st, except it always has exactly 40 people in the army and always costs exactly 30000 to recruit. This does not affect the normal recruitment of any other units (including the normally priced version of the low-level infantry) or anything else in the game, its just sort of annoying.

Default Sparabara for 30.000 denarios

Hello,
    after installation of hotfix the 2,22 cities of the pérsia are enlisting welded sparabara for 30000 denarius, a nonsense of expensive.

[translated of the Portuguese for yahoo babelfish]

Yes, this is intentional flavio and squirrelman. It's the current workaround for a crash to desktop that was present in v2.2 itself, namely the revolt ctd. We'll make a better solution in our new version though, don't worry.
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

Lead developer of:

Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez

Yuko's Avatar Campidoctor

i cant seem to play this mod because in the strat map the computer freezes completely and i even have to reset the computer this only happens with this mod.

Does this happen any time you try starting the campaign, or does it happen after playing for some time? Are you using a new computer or a somewhat older one?

Lead developer of:

I get a Campaign CTD in the year 513 BC, happens as soon as I hit end turn, I did download the patch, and its still not working.
    Last edited by Dannath; March 05, 2009 at 02:11 PM.
    Q: How are you doing?
    A: Better than Michael Jackson.

I'm having a problem with my Sparta Campaign as it is now randomly CTD. It happens right after I end the turn and it doesn't show an error msg afterward. I'm using Windows XP if that will help you at all.

Also I tried to get the trait CTD fix, as I don't remember downloading it, but the link is broken. If someone can please redirect the link here I would greatly appreciate it.

EDIT - I recently got the new patch and the CTD stopped. If there are any more problems I'll be sure to let you guys know.
    Last edited by Rameth; February 24, 2009 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero666 View Post
    Does this happen any time you try starting the campaign, or does it happen after playing for some time? Are you using a new computer or a somewhat older one?
    it happens in the campaign map after i play some battles my computer is knd of old but i can run even medieval 2 without any problems.

@Masaky: Did you install the latest patch (v2.22) for ROP? If not, this might help.

Lead developer of:

i did,the only modfied vannilla file i have is the .exe it is a non cd crack.

(i am hate inserting the cd everytime i play it i am just too lazy)

playing as kemet i bought mercenary slingers ( the one babylon has) and played a night battle with them, when i saw that their captain for each units had a foots 4 meters long and in wierd posisions! check it out for youself...

Greetings,

I am having an annoying bug regarding the advisor. It continually keeps coming out to remind me to activate the four turns script. Unfortunately hitting the show me how button brings no relief. I have the advice set to none. Any way to stop this? Thank you.

Fun mod so far besides this issue.

I hoped that we fixed that with the 2.22 patch, but for sure it will not happen anymore when ROP3 is out. No date yet, just stressing that we'll not forget about it

Lead developer of:

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

1st: Sparabadbabdada costs 30000
    2nd: is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

the sparabara is a CTD fix, they should not be recruited. if this is the only unit you see, it means you dont have barracks.

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Woestelingh View Post
    the sparabara is a CTD fix, they should not be recruited. if this is the only unit you see, it means you dont have barracks.
    "if this is the only unit you see, it means you dont have barracks." don't understand why you said that.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

because any city even without barracks can recruit the lowest quality unit with a price of 30k gold, so if a city revolts at least the Rebel faction can create those units to garrison the city. If in a revolt the rebels cant garrison the rebellious city, you will have a CTD.

So those units are not meant to be recruited by you. If you build a real barrack you will haev the same sparabara but at a normal cost (no idea how much those cost, 150 gold or so)

Hound of Ulster's Avatar Senator

CTD at 543 B.C with Magdah...seems to be a bad trait on the AI turn...check Bessoi, Mazaka, and Taras, as the bug occured on their AI turns, even with autosave turned off and 4tpy script not active

my insrallation is the 2.22, but it may be my disc as well
    'Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War' Plato

'Killing is Negotiating' A militiaman in 'Blackhawk Down'

It keeps crashing to desktop when I click end turn. This is the save file of the campaign that it keeps happening to me in.