Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: ROP v2.2 bug reports

Default Re: ROP v2.2 bug reports

Just before 20 minutes i installed v.22 patch and i had a campaign ctd in 537 winder , between Ionia-Makedon turn .

Did you start a new campaign?
    And after the CTD, when you restart the game and open your savegame, can you continue playing?
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

Lead developer of:

Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez

hmm, i only noticed this now, macedonia seems to have a problem with a family member+troops always getting stuck right next to the capital (at the left of aigai), at least as AI faction. this might be one of the reasons of them always being asswhooped by the bessoi and athenians...
    using move_character will get them moving again and maybe take another city, but after a few turns again they have a stack getting stuck on exactly the same spot

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Judgment View Post
    Just before 20 minutes i installed v.22 patch and i had a campaign ctd in 537 winder , between Ionia-Makedon turn .
    i had the same (i think) when playing as taras - also after ionia's turn. only i dont have the save anymore because i only had an autosave and i played new campaigns after that...
    oh and restarting the game didnt work, not even after 4-5 times

We're still struggling to find the cause of CTDs, so if you do encounter one that reappears when you restart the game and load the saved game, please let us know and give us a copy of your savegame. That's really the only way we can solve those issues

Lead developer of:

Just to inform you, we're making lots of progress on the campaign CTD. A stripped down campaign with all factions still in place made me get to 300 bc without any problems and would have gone further if my descr_strat didn't say the campaign would stop in 300 bc. This means that by adding features back one by one, I will find out what causes the crashes and fix the issue. Your savegames have helped significantly in this, thanks alot!

Lead developer of:

Um i know this is probably really obvious but when i try to start a campaign it loads but then just as it finishes loading it ctd!

I have tried reinstalling it and I have patch 2.22 installed.
    sorry if this has already been answered...

We can't be sure what your problem is right now, so there's some questions that have to be asked.
    Do you use RTW with patch 1.5 installed and do you play ROP with the shortcut placed on the desktop by our installer?
    Did you install other mods to the same RTW folder?

Lead developer of:

Quote Originally Posted by Nero666 View Post
    We can't be sure what your problem is right now, so there's some questions that have to be asked.
    Do you use RTW with patch 1.5 installed and do you play ROP with the shortcut placed on the desktop by our installer?
    Did you install other mods to the same RTW folder?
    Um well, I got 1.5 installed (just checked),
    Never played any other mods so none in the folder
    And I play from the desktop as I don't know of any other ways of playing

Well, I uninstalled it for now so hope someone can help

I have a consistent end turn CTD as persia.. .this zip contains 2 saves and either one will CTD if you hit end turn

Thanks for all the hard work! Great mod... I played an earlier version and I recently downloaded 2.22.... WOW you guys really made a lot of improvements....

I haven't had too many CTDs... as sparta I'm WAY into the game with no problems.. but I can't get around this persia one.

Another save that gives CTD

well, I have tried rinstalling the mod without the 2.22 patch and it seems to be working ok
    Still got to test with patch though...

@pdanders: thanks for your files, I'll check them out tomorrow, maybe I can get around the crash but can't promise anything
    @Alex: Good work! Hope you get it running with patch soon, as it makes the campaing much more fun imo.

Lead developer of:

Quote Originally Posted by Nero666 View Post
    @pdanders: thanks for your files, I'll check them out tomorrow, maybe I can get around the crash but can't promise anything
    @Alex: Good work! Hope you get it running with patch soon, as it makes the campaing much more fun imo.
    No need to give me a fix for them... I already started the games over... I'm just giving them to you to help you guys out!!!

i think it isn't a "big bug" but when i choose the slavery option when i conquest a settlement, it doesnt appear the slave resource that appeared in the vanilla version, increasing the population and trade for some turns.It only gives the captured population to the other cities but nothing more. Anyone knows?

i was playing taras, firstly i pushed turn and game crashed i didnt thought so much cause i have started yet then i started another campaign again taras, but same problem i am pushing turn and game crashing

here is save:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/178682903/Autosave.sav.html

I have the same problem with Matricaria, playing as Taras until 531 BC when the game crashed. I have installed ROP v2.22. I saved the game like 540 BC and played until the crash. Possibly a campaign CTD. When will the new patch or version release?
    Currently Playing:

When will you help Nero666 ?

@Matricaria: please respond in the thread you opened, as this thread is only for unmodded ROP 2.2x. I think the building editor also changed some other files, so it's possible that you will need to reinstall ROP 2.2 + 2.22 (which isn't too much of a problem, it won't break your savegames) in order to get the good files back. Could you try that?

@Rakuten06: It's a known issue and we're working on it, though it's hard to say when we can release the new version as the bug isn't completely gone yet. It involves lots of testing and changing conditions etc, which takes some time. Until then I can only suggest to try another faction and see if that one doesn't crash.

Lead developer of:

Yes i said before, i tried the save on clean, reinstalled ROP 2.2 + 2.22 I didnt do anything just reinstalled.