Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: ROP v2.2 bug reports

Mars Magnus's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: ROP v2.2 bug reports

After 30 minutes I got the Message that i have no CD inside.
    Just looking:There is the the CD,inside!
    However, after 45 minutes ...a long and difficult errormessage ...
    SILVIO GESELL & GUSTAV RUHLAND: GREATEST ECONOMISTS!
    STOP EXPLOITING=CAPITALISM= INTEREST SLAVERY!
    In every porduct you buy you pay about 40% interest in the price.
    Debt creates money. Money is created by dept.

Tooz's Avatar Libertus

Uninstalled/reinstalled, then copied and pasted patch. i have restarted my Persia campaign and will see if it crashes once again...

Mars Magnus's Avatar Ordinarius

Works!
    Error=Installer
    Shortcut(etc.)!!!
    SILVIO GESELL & GUSTAV RUHLAND: GREATEST ECONOMISTS!
    STOP EXPLOITING=CAPITALISM= INTEREST SLAVERY!
    In every porduct you buy you pay about 40% interest in the price.
    Debt creates money. Money is created by dept.

Maybe that means that your RTW installation that you used for ROP 2.2x is modded. If you are not sure, I suggest reinstalling RTW and patch it to v1.5, then install ROP to it. 2.2 is not compatible with earlier versions of ROP.
    EDIT: Oh ok, missed your other replies, have fun playing then!
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

Lead developer of:

Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

May I ask a small question about ROP?
    Your mod is "modfoldered" and is running as a "switch mod". But how did you force the game to read loading bar from ROP folder, not original Data? When I tried to create my own switch-mod, I always had a problem with loading bar Even when I put new loading bar to MyMod\Data\loading_screen folder, the game read this file from vanilla Rome Could you help, please?

Yes, good question. The solution is in the packs, if you put the loading bar things in eg. mod_0.pak or mod_1.pak, the game parses them without problems. Hope that helps

Lead developer of:

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Thanks a lot!

Default Loading Savegame CTD

Hi,
    first let me say thx for that great mod. He brought me back to RTW, which was so boring before.
    Now my prob: Unfortunately I can't play my campaign, because I always get a CTD when loading the latest savegame. The Autosave crashes too.
    I uploaded my savegame on RS:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/139267901/Athen.sav.html
    I installed the Hotfix for the 2.22 Patch, but it doesn't solved it.
    It will be great, I've someone can look at it and rescue my campaign.
    Btw: I play with RTW Gold Edition (BI Patch 1.6).

Cheers
    Polybios

I dont know if this has been discussed, i tried searching, but i was playing as Parsa and was using the archer/spearmen with the shields, i forgot the name, and when they shot no arrows were fired. I even zoomed in on the target and no arrows were hitting them. I haven't tried with any other archer units but the javelin cavarly seem to work.

I'll take a look in-game asap to test that, didn't hear this before.

Lead developer of:

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Makedonian Aspidoi (or whatever) don't have complete unit card pics. It only shows their feet.
    At the start of the second turn in my Taras campaign, I got the vanilla RTW Dacians' campaign failure message.

I haven't installed the patch yet, so if it fixes the above bugs, I apologize for bringing them back up.

The patch could be the problem, yes. It is recommended to have it installed. The campaign failure message would indicate a problem with the background script, of which a new version is included in patch 2.22. If I remember correctly it also fixes that unit card problem.

Lead developer of:

First thank you for the great mod
    A)I have the random ctd with every faction i've played so far in random number of turns (sometimes loading again a crashed game there is no crash in the same turn,so it is some actions of the Ai that is causing the ctd)
    B)The general armor of the hoplites has to be decreased,i had 2 stacks of archers shooting 1 stack of hoplites,and when my ammo came to end no one of the hoplites died.I know it was very very hard to kill them with archers,but also their invincibility against arrows even when the archers are facing them (i mean shooting them face to face and not from behind) is a little bit incorrect
    C)Epibates for kyrene (i believe,maybe it was Ionia) don't have ui card in the recruitment view(there is the grey peasant photo)
    There is only one Macedonia in the world and it is GREECE
    Kosovo is Serbia
    ΠΑΝΙΩΝΑΡΑ ΓΙΑ ΠΑΝΤΑ
    SUPPORTER OF MY SERBIAN BROTHERS

Quote Originally Posted by COMIS -3- ΠΑΝΙΩΝΑΡΑ View Post
    First thank you for the great mod
    A)I have the random ctd with every faction i've played so far in random number of turns (sometimes loading again a crashed game there is no crash in the same turn,so it is some actions of the Ai that is causing the ctd)
    B)The general armor of the hoplites has to be decreased,i had 2 stacks of archers shooting 1 stack of hoplites,and when my ammo came to end no one of the hoplites died.I know it was very very hard to kill them with archers,but also their invincibility against arrows even when the archers are facing them (i mean shooting them face to face and not from behind) is a little bit incorrect
    C)Epibates for kyrene (i believe,maybe it was Ionia) don't have ui card in the recruitment view(there is the grey peasant photo)
    maybe the archer problem is like mine, i was shooting at a group and no one died eventually i zoomed in on the enemy and saw that no arrows were actually going towards them but my archers ammo was going down and they appeared to be shooting

First off, great mod you guys have made.
    Second, a few bugs (not really bugs, but you know). I've only played with Sparta, so they're about them.
    A couple buildings don't have a description, just something like "placeholder" in all caps. I found it in i think some Pantheons.
    The blacksmith building takes three turns to build; since the mod operates on a 4-turn-per-year system, I thought you guys had just forgotten to alter the blacksmith building.
    On one of the Spartan barracks, I'm not sure which level, but it had a negative effect on happiness by law. I found this strage, since the barrack level before it had a positive affect. This may be the case multiple levels too.
    These are really just small, minute details compared to the fantastic work you guys have done. I hadn't played Rome in months before I found this mod, now I'm playing it everyday. Keep up the good work!

P.S. Are you guys going to develop anything else with the government-preference-system? I thought it was ingenius to implement that into the mod, but I think it would be even better if it had an effect on generals or unit training types.

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Got a random CTD during my Spartan campaign in 539 BC, during Kyrene's AI turn.

Rebooted the game afterward and played on for quite a few turns, but it hasn't happened again yet.

Another small bug...
    When playing as Persia and attacking the city Babylon, the banners on the gate of the walls have the Julii emblem on them.

The campaign CTD that doesn't reappear when reloading the savegame until many turns further is being worked on. It's a very tough one to fix, it's cost me several weeks a few hours a day already (that's just to find the cause). Be sure to note that the next version of ROP will not have that bug any more

An expansion of the governments system is likely to be made, we are not sure in which form yet but we'll let you know.

All other bugs noted and we'll do our best to fix those too. Thanks for your replies everyone, keep 'em coming

Lead developer of:

i searched and couldnt find anything on this so far, so...
    as persia, i m trying to build the royal road, but i cant seem to expand it beyond assur, anyone know how i do that? thanks :-)

You can continue it via Amid, Milid, Pteria and Kelainai to Sfard (but you have to maybe upgrade your settlement first).

Lead developer of: