Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: ROP v2.2 bug reports

Default Re: ROP v2.2 bug reports

@Buster: You have to move a general into the new cities for one or two turns at least, which counts more or less as pacification of a region. Then you get the option to build Monarchy, Oligarchy or Democracy government buildings, which in turn enable the Barracks to be built.

@Gen.jamesWolfe: I don't really understand - did you conquer those parts of Syria and India and in turn Lydia conquered you? Or is it a bug and it happened automatically?

@decimator22: I will write a temporary workaround for this bug. Once it's there I'll send you a PM
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

Lead developer of:

Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez

If the city is monarchy what i besieged, must i move to a monarchist general or let me send an one with a different religion? How many turns what i must wait for that building? thx

The 'religion' of your governor doesn't matter, any governor will spawn a building related to his own goverment type. Then you will have, after actually putting a government building in place, the option to build barracks. Maybe I should write a guide - will make some time this weekend.

Lead developer of:

decimator22's Avatar Vicarius

@decimator22: I will write a temporary workaround for this bug. Once it's there I'll send you a PM [/quote]

Ok thanks for the help Nero
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I Remember the Goverment buildings i liked them very much in the mod.
    But when I was playinbg with Athens it was a headache moving all of my religion from Oligarchy to Democracy, And in every settlement i conquered i had to use my faction leader to make democratic circle and he was the only democrat in 10 yrs.lol

I hope that u don't have that much of a problem Buster.

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Nero666 View Post
    @Buster: You have to move a general into the new cities for one or two turns at least, which counts more or less as pacification of a region. Then you get the option to build Monarchy, Oligarchy or Democracy government buildings, which in turn enable the Barracks to be built.

@Gen.jamesWolfe: I don't really understand - did you conquer those parts of Syria and India and in turn Lydia conquered you? Or is it a bug and it happened automatically?

@decimator22: I will write a temporary workaround for this bug. Once it's there I'll send you a PM
    its a bug. the Lydians never sent any troops into greece. its still there
    I see on the map that its Lydian, but I click on it and its Makedonian controlled (so I can still recruit, ta, etc). I rightclick on the map and it says its Lydian too.

That really is weird. Could you perhaps upload a savegame? Hope I can find out whether we can fix it or it is an RTW issue.

Lead developer of:

Okay i uninstalled ROP. I'm sorry because it's a simple goog mod but this "religion" thing...I conquered a monarchist city to try something(again...),and i sent a general with other "religion", the new "religion" rised up to 98% about
    30 turns and my general died.... This is the end of my story.
    I hope in the next release will get an option to turn off this annoying thing,and just simply make new units in the conquered city...
    thx

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

@nero 666: here they are:

Have looked in the files but forgot to answer apparently. At first I thought it had something to do with the victory conditions, but then it turned out that the regions that have the bug are not in the victory conds. Right now I can't come up with other reasons, and probably it's an RTW issue. I'll continue looking though - but could you also upload the savegame? This might help also.

Lead developer of:

Personified Boredom's Avatar Tiro

This is less a bug and more of an... I dunno?

All the Egyptian units, well, they're names are buggered. Somehow, every single vowel has disappeared to Thoth knows where. All the names are a mix of consonants, diacritics [';:,./>" <---- that sort of thing] and even numbers.

I can't tell if its a bug, or what. I would really like to know the names of those units too. In stead, I have to translate 'h3w-b3w' into... I dunno?

Actually these are the egyptian names of the units (transliterated into the latin alphabet). The english names are written behind these in the game, like this: "h3w-nbw (Greek Hoplites)"

Lead developer of:

Indefinitely Banned

Actually these are the egyptian names of the units (transliterated into the latin alphabet). The english names are written behind these in the game, like this: "h3w-nbw (Greek Hoplites)"

Hehe - nice one! So would the Greek Hoplites then be pronounced something like "Huhthreewoo-Enboo"?

I think it's time I went back to Kemet. Sparta has it much too easy.

I've got another one. This is my first campaign CTD.

The Faction is Taras.

The CTD occurs during the End Turn; from Summer of 544 BC to Fall of 544 BC., right when the little thing at the top of the screen gets to Ionia as it cycles through the factions. The game will momentarily freeze, and goes right to the desktop without an error message.

Its done it several times now. I have downloaded the hoo-jiggy in the Bug Fixes thread, however, that did not help. I'm certain by now that the save game must be corrupted or something, so now I'm just trying to figure out what could be causing the crash.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hehe yeah probably, Tony Don't know really how to pronounce them.

Could you send me a savegame for the crash PB?

Lead developer of:

Tooz's Avatar Libertus

Not a bug, just noticing how none of the cavalry units in the Persa faction have wedge capabilities despite the unit box saying they do. Otherwise--Great mod!

Icon2 Re: ROP v2.2 bug reports

Hehe yeah probably, Tony Don't know really how to pronounce them.

Could you send me a savegame for the crash PB?
    I would, except *cough* I don't know how...

If you could PM instructions on how to upload the savegame, I'll get it to you ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

i have found 1 bug ...well,maybe its not an bug but ....

to kill an unit that is fighting to the death takes alot of time,they were surround by alot of units... and it took along time
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Hmm will look into that wedge thingy.

Have sent u a pm

Units fighting to the death indeed can be a nuisance, it's the same as units fighting on their own town square, they don't rout and want to kill as many of your army as they can before they die themselves. My tactic usually involves just retreating a few of my units so their soldiers have a way to rout to. Then it's usually a quick finish

Lead developer of:

Tooz's Avatar Libertus

My Parsa campaign has stopped cold due to persistent CTD's. I am thinking it has to do with something happening on Cyprus and Tarsos. The Ionians were in control then a civil revolt broke out and instead of Rebels, Babylonians occupy the settlements. I am in a rush now but I can send you a save game and more details next time I boot up. For now I am trying the Babylon campaign. What stands out most is that no other faction besides Ionia (they made peace) has attacked. While playing Parsa EVERYONE seemed to attack me (Babylon, Mada and Ionia).

Mars Magnus's Avatar Ordinarius

My game simply doesn´t start!
    I have installed 2.2 and patched 2.22 on a fresh 1.5 RTW.
    It does not even start!

Can may make a new installer, that overwrite everything?
    I have enough spacy on my harddrive ...
    SILVIO GESELL & GUSTAV RUHLAND: GREATEST ECONOMISTS!
    STOP EXPLOITING=CAPITALISM= INTEREST SLAVERY!
    In every porduct you buy you pay about 40% interest in the price.
    Debt creates money. Money is created by dept.