Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: ROP v2.2 bug reports

jedi121212's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: ROP v2.2 bug reports

yeah I select right. It says when I try to install "RomeTW.exe not found. This Mod needs to ge installed to an unmodded RTW v1.5 folder to function correctly. Select OK if you want to continue installing" .It is not modded.

If you are sure that you are installing to a folder where RomeTW.exe is located (check this), just click Ok to continue installing.
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

Lead developer of:

Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez

ok I installed it but it does not work.

The installer should have created a shortcut on your desktop. You should use this shortcut to start ROP. Did a ROP folder appear in the RTW folder where you installed Rise of Persia to?

Lead developer of:

decimator22's Avatar Vicarius

I gotta problem can't complicate the mod as i can't play it , i start the campaign normally then every time i start a battle in the campaign it CTD also in custom battles it happens when the camera zooms to the unit. i installed the hotfix but it still doesn't work help help

Yeah but it still did not work. Ok I figured out what is wrong. It had nothing to do with the mod.
    Last edited by jedi121212; June 11, 2008 at 09:23 PM.

@decimator22: This issue has been reported before, but we are still unsure as to what causes it. After some thinking I have prepared a test which I would like you to check. Could you download the file attached to this post and place the file that is inside in the [Install Directory]\ROP\Data folder? (Overwrite ->Yes)
    Not sure if this will fix the problem or not, but hope it does. Thanks in advance

@jedi: Good to hear. What was the issue finally? Maybe we could then make our install instructions clearer

Lead developer of:

I think I installed everything properly, but the game won't let me play the Imperial campaign. Every time I click it, it says "Select one of the options below". It lets me select historic, custom and quick battle, though...

I have tried 3 battles with the downloaded object(sucky English) and one it CTD when the camera zoomed in the unit, the second it strated In the ocean WTF? i quickly clicked start deployment button and every unit was dead but i didn't get CTD, the third it CTD after loading the bar. so can't play

P.S. Awesome campaign map

I think what happened to jedi happened to me 2 u change the directory and in the new one the insatller automaticly gets it like this: C:\Archivos de programa\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War 2\Rome - Total War

So it doesn´t work, for me I just had to take out the 2nd Rome total war and leave the first with the 2 in your case it should me with out the number 2. (Spanish computer)
    Last edited by decimator22; June 12, 2008 at 03:23 PM.

@Danielson: You might have the wrong version of RTW - you need RTW v1.5. Could you check by starting up RTW, then from Main Menu -> Options -> In the top right the version number should appear.

@decimator: The second one is kind of weird. Did you choose custom battles and if so, did you do the same custom battle all three times? I still suspect it has something to do with pre-battle speeches, will make some other stuff to test tomorrow, if that's ok with u.
    Thanks for the info about the installer - I'll test what's wrong and then fix

Lead developer of:

different custom battles, in the campaign (battles) it just loads the bar and crashes, Ill test everything u give me. Ty for giving the time and efford to help me.

Do u remember which custom battle started in the middle of the ocean? Cuz that needs to be fixed too
    Cool, will prepare a different file now.

Lead developer of:

Indefinitely Banned

Ive enjoyed playing RoP since it's first release, Kemet being my favourite faction, and I'm loving 2.2.1.

But for a change, I've decided to give Sparta a go, and it's been great fun watching the Spartiates mow through the opposition. I did, however, come across some strange goings on during the battles. I noticed that in some frames the hoplites appear to be holding two spears, at different angles!

Is this the Ancient Greek equivalent of military chopsticks?

Lol never seen that before Think it's some kind of RTW bug or something with the animation - it only happens for a short moment if I understood right?

Lead developer of:

Indefinitely Banned

Yeah, it comes and goes, and it's only really noticeable if you zoom in and look out for it. It's certainly not a game-breaker, just a bit amusing to see.

Nero666: I could've sworn I installed the 1.5 patch, but apparantly, I didn't. You were right: that was the problem at hand and it works great now, thanks.

Also: my compliments on a splendid mod, looking great.

Tomorrow (14th of may) we will release a new patch, v2.22, which is mainly a gameplay improvement patch with lots of rebalancing and other changes, but which also comes with bugfixes including a fix for a battle CTD experienced by some people, and a possible fix for the campaign CTDs.

Lead developer of:

It's me again, with the patch 2.22, doing a Magadha (don't know how to spell) campaign of just watching the AI grow without the players interferance( I like to do campaigns loike that in every mode) The game crashes when I click end turn then goes until Taras turn and it crashes few seconds after. It is the year 531 winter season.

In the min time I am playing a parsian campaign.

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

ok..this is kinda emberrassing, but.. I got patches of my territory (as Makedonia) listed under Lydian rule, and patches in Syria and India as under my rule. that wan on both maps in the game

Hi,firstly sorry my english knowledge isn't good.
    I have a problem in-game, i started to play with Kyrene and i besieged a grey(slave) city,but i can't make new units. When this village upraded(2000 people) i built the buildings,but i haven't got units...I did it an other one(slave),it's the same. I just can make units in my "original" two city.
    It'll very bad, if i'm in war... Any idea? Or I don't know something... thx