Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: ROP v2.2 bug reports

Default Re: ROP v2.2 bug reports

Also i found what event cause CTD, one of my city is revolting, and when i push the turn normally city turns rebel settlement but game crashed

Here's a Screenshot of me moving nonexistant troops in Agros. I didn't take a Screenshot when I recruited a troop from Argos because by than I had reseted my computer hopeing that that'll fix things.

Aetius's Avatar Vae victis

Quote Originally Posted by matricaria View Post
    Also i found what event cause CTD, one of my city is revolting, and when i push the turn normally city turns rebel settlement but game crashed
    Me too...the city is Hira, I didnt want the worthless place, but now it is causing a CTD.

Making me mad, I have a really awesome Persian Campaign right now but it is 548 BC and nothing I do will stop the CTD. Im not sure if it is even Hira, cuz I made the city happy and it still CTDs.

Is there any way to give cities to other factions? force_diplomacy doesn't work.
    Last edited by Aetius; May 17, 2008 at 10:24 PM.
    Blut und Boden

Well i save frequency when i faced CTD i am continuing previous save. You too should do this. Yes i tried add_population -4000 and city's public order was %75 and no one revolted and no more CTDs. Also i tried give those revolting cities to another factions but any of them accepted this

Thanks for all of your information, it helped me find a possible solution!
    Many TW modforums list such CTDs as supposedly caused by Loyalist revolts - when a city revolts to another faction rather than to the rebels - combined with no units recruitable for the faction it revolts to in said city (sorry for long sentences).
    As we're using our recruitment building system that you first have to build barracks in order to be able to recruit soldiers, that is a very logical reason and I will work on the implementation of a fix. In previous versions this didn't happen, as the rebels most of the time built barracks already (which was actually not intended) and they're disabled from doing this now via the governments system.

I have also noticed a bug in the egyptian barracks - they're buildable without having a govt building in place. Will be fixed

EDIT: Good news, testing after implementation confirms that this was indeed the problem. The CTDs don't occur anymore on the savegames given to me! Thanks everyone for all your help and situation descriptions, without you it wouldn't have been possible to find a fix for this!
    The hotfix will be released in little under an hour.
    Last edited by Nero666; May 18, 2008 at 07:16 AM.
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

Lead developer of:

Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez

Nerro666,i waiting for your hotfix
    did this mod have a patch like force diplomacy because in my babylon campaign after i begin war with lydae and mada, i so many times killed there army make them peace proposal but every time they declined my proposal this is not realistic and not interesting

Just released the hotfix, check this thread

For a previous version of ROP there was the force diplomacy mod - if you check the non-sticky threads it will be there. Maybe the author is willing to make a new version, compatible with v2.2x.
    If you begin a war for sure they will want to kill you of course You have to think alot before engaging a war, and be prepared to meet opposition

Lead developer of:

At least

I found this hilarious bug after installing the hotfix. Therefore this bug would be more appropriately placed on the list of ROP 2.21 bugs but I will post it here.

As you may see, their recruitment cost implies they are nothing less than highly effective elite. However their stats are still the same, so the only reason for that cost is their outrageous nature of being irresolute. They are even greedier than the Median overlords of the land. There is no way the King of Kings would pay that much for a single unit of sparabara (lacking officer and banner)
    And yes I know it is rather easy to fix, but I decided to report it just for the joy of reporting. It's my first real bug btw. Irony it came after installing the hotfix.

have the same bug

Actually it's not a bug but a workaround around the camp map CTD. As it's indeed a very costly unit, one would never see it actually present on the map unless there has been a loyalist revolt.
    We would like to create a more final workaround later, showing a different UI card + description so u immediately see the difference. Anyways it still should be less of a problem than the CTDs so just don't click on them

Lead developer of:

Aahaa so this what you meant by saying you have solved the revolt crash. Thanks for help

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by Nero666 View Post
    Actually it's not a bug but a workaround around the camp map CTD. As it's indeed a very costly unit, one would never see it actually present on the map unless there has been a loyalist revolt.
    We would like to create a more final workaround later, showing a different UI card + description so u immediately see the difference. Anyways it still should be less of a problem than the CTDs so just don't click on them
    Well, okay, i know this workaround from RTR's last versions, or better said via FRRE's recent mods that are using this type as well ( structure taken from RTR ). I personally don't find this solution very elegant, but well, obviously effective.
    Strange is only that Chivalry doesn't need this kind of workaround. I rather think it is a matter of the edb codes in case of the loyalist revolts, an easy solution should be to make one simple unit (the lowest end of unit per faction) accessible via the gov buildings from on first tier, independent of barracks ... perhaps a peasant unit?
    And then it is to look into descr_regions and descr_rebels eventually for the main/native culture/faction per region and possible rebel units in descr_rebels for peasant revolts (subfactions). Also in this relation, it helps to have the faction indicator in descr_strat per region the same way as in descr_regions in the respective region.
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 18, 2008 at 04:35 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Yes perhaps a peasant unit would be ok. It requires some thoughts to implement this as a feature rather than the workaround of course.
    The previous versions of ROP didn't require this as the recruitment buildings were also constructable by rebel factions, so maybe that's also the case in Chivalry.
    Anyway it's time to catch some sleep now, will have some more thoughts about this the following days.

Lead developer of:

Patrician Artifex

Update Report

What shall i say, i was able to suceed with a former repeating ctd-saved-game, from a 533 save-game, now i'm at 521 1st summer (forwarded ca. 48 turns)

I hope this is no random ctd-free event, and if it solved the end_turn ctd that i experienced forever, then i'm very glad

Nero, i implemented simply a peasant-recruitment into all gov (= core_buildings) tiers, though for the slave faction only. I'll send you the entries via pm, plus the last save, so you can check it out eventually for yourself (this needs then of course my file changes, i haven't installed your hotfix 2.21 files as yet).

EDIT
    Well, to make it short, i attach the files here. So it needs to be tested, if the slave faction recruits them, if they work proper in the battle mode, but to solve a battle-mode problem would be very easy, just to link model/cas, texture/tga and sprite files to the new peasant unit entry (note: i haven't implemented a cas or texture for them into RoP, now they are linked to RTW vanilla models_unit files, respectively the vanilla pack).

So after all, if this works as fix in long-range campaigns, then the peasant entry can become a feature, if they will be different for all factions with their own textures and ui's etc.

Btw., in Chivalry i have recruitment in the gov building tiers for the slave faction from on 1st tier, and for other factions, partially start with unit recruitment in the 1st gov tier, but only for very rare regions (hidden_resource elite), but increases then tier by tier. However, the trick to avoid this kind of rebellion ctd is obviously to have slave unit recruitment in the gov buildings, but i guess, the concerned unit should be coded also for the other factions in edu and dmb.

EDIT
    Nope, no success, now the ctd occured at 518 year turn. Will try the official workaround.
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 18, 2008 at 10:44 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

hi...i found a bug when i use Kemet`s Hoplite in custom battle...They fight with a sword...

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Ostrogov View Post
    hi...i found a bug when i use Kemet`s Hoplite in custom battle...They fight with a sword...
    No bug, they are supposed to do it this way ( at least what the files say, i also wondered about this )

I have just installed fix, but faced a ctd. When i occupied this settlement, game crashing Save: http://rapidshare.com/files/115999799/Autosave.sav.html

@Matricaria: I was able to continue your savegame just fine, have saved after clicking next turn: http://www.riseofpersia.com/savegames/matricaria.sav Hope it helps

Lead developer of:

Yes it is working, many thanks well i am continuing if i faced another i will post here again