Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: ROP v2.2 bug reports

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: ROP v2.2 bug reports

Nero, i started an earlier save 540, and suceeded into 537
    In this approach at 539 i got the message: the 'Defeat is immanent' (Taras will win)
    This didn't happen in the ctd'd game, and actually i think the end_turn ctd has been in the Taras turn ... there might be something in this regard that randomly leads to a ctd?
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Oki I will have to try this, never actually made it to the defeat is imminent message, most of the time I would be winning myself
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

Lead developer of:

Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Nero666 View Post
    Oki I will have to try this, never actually made it to the defeat is imminent message, most of the time I would be winning myself
    I've chosen the short campaign btw., faction Kyrene, and well, to play a Greek faction with my changes is pretty hard, you'll go into debt until you've achieved a bit.

EDIT
    Wait, it's too late, i've updated my changes in the meantime and removed the single uploads, the save won't work anymore with my latest offered files.

Btw., i got again 3 random ctd's, in 2 cases i could reload and play further then , the third i haven't reloaded as yet.
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 15, 2008 at 09:07 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

It seems that the Spartans have an heir that isnt in the Family Tree?

I am playing Lakedaimon, in 529 BC game crashed when magadhas turn. I tried many times but didnt solved. Here is save http://rapidshare.com/files/115157218/Autosave.rar.html

Patrician Artifex

Aha, i'm not the only one with end_turn ctd's. Hopefully they will be solved soon.

Aetius's Avatar Vae victis

Ysatis (sp?), the town above pasagardea has no monarchist or oligarch gathering place. Cant build any conquest related building in that city. So no units can be recruited from the city.
    Blut und Boden

Usually the gathering places are instant if you put a General in the city that has either of the politicial traits. I've noticed some places I conquered didn't have them but would eventually get them later.

Patrician Artifex

What is the farest year-date you RoP players reached as yet?

My game again ctd'd in end_turn (Taras and also Athenaioi turn) at 533 and also with another save 532. Repeating ctd, game end. I first thought i could solve this with disabling the CA-bugged auto-save function, but no. - I love RoP 2.2, but i have to give it up now, until i hear that there aren't those ctd's anymore.
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 16, 2008 at 01:12 AM.

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

It might be the faction you play. As Lydia ( Crez you know, ) I have had no ctds at all up to now and I have much gone in deep.

Well I did put the 'while I_TurnNumber < 3000' part below the govt building monitors in the script, and haven't experiences any CTDs yet, but then again I'm still in 539 bc, will have to play some more.. Also can't imagine that that differene in the script could cause the problems mentioned. But I'll test to see what happens..

Lead developer of:

Tomorrow ROP will release a hotfix (v2.21), fixing several model/texture/animation/graphic errors, the 4tpy fix for all turns. There will also be some rebalancing, based on DaVinci's changes thread, other suggestions from the community, and a few of our own thoughts. We will also sort out the spartan family tree, which is indeed not quite straight-forward.
    Our plan is to do major rebalancing for all factions for our first bigger patch for v2.2, the v2.21 hotfix being just a hotfix. The time required for this bigger patch would be about two weeks counting from tomorrow, as it involves lots of testing and thinking

Lead developer of:

Quote Originally Posted by matricaria View Post
    I am playing Lakedaimon, in 529 BC game crashed when magadhas turn. I tried many times but didnt solved. Here is save http://rapidshare.com/files/115157218/Autosave.rar.html
    i continued previous save but this time i faced another CTD in 517 BC, mod is awesome but i am not playing properly will new hotfix solve this CTDs ?

save: http://rapidshare.com/files/11538892...aimon.rar.html
    Last edited by matricaria; May 16, 2008 at 02:08 PM.

Tomorrow ROP will release a hotfix (v2.21), fixing several model/texture/animation/graphic errors, the 4tpy fix for all turns. There will also be some rebalancing, based on DaVinci's changes thread, other suggestions from the community, and a few of our own thoughts. We will also sort out the spartan family tree, which is indeed not quite straight-forward.
    Our plan is to do major rebalancing for all factions for our first bigger patch for v2.2, the v2.21 hotfix being just a hotfix. The time required for this bigger patch would be about two weeks counting from tomorrow, as it involves lots of testing and thinking
    As I am not an expert on this stuff, I'd like to know if this hotfix is save-game compatible? I'd hate to restart my awesome campaign.
    Anyways, I have had almost a bug free game experience save the few modelling things

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

If you play without problems there's no reason to install the fix before you finish your campaign. That is how you won't need to care about the compatibility.

The hotfix will be most likely savegame compatible (it is at this point) so don't worry

Lead developer of:

Paul d's Avatar Praepositus

I noticed some strange stat setups, that I don't quite agree with

1. Aichmetai have better defense value, and armour value, than the elite makedonian hoplite infantry- literally no difference between a muscled chestplate and a cloth shirt...

will this be fixed? it doesn't really make sense at the moment.

also- the makedonian "elite" hoplites hold spears butt end front when attacking, as similar to the Median elite archer-spearmen

Patrician Artifex

literally no difference between a muscled chestplate and a cloth shirt...
    Well, don't know exactly your example above, but you are right, there are a quite a few imbalanced and unrealistic stats,and this would be a next task in edu for me if would continue my edu changes.

The most unarmoured skirmishers equal of faction, have 4 or 5 armour points, the most heavy spearmen (hoplites and a few other) have between 9 and 12. So these armoured troops hold out a lot time in combat with my attack value changes and are quite good balanced now. But i noticed the skirmishers have a. still too much melee attack, b. too much armour, c. one point too much missile attack (valid for the light/levy archers and slingers).
    They're still very unrealistic. Example: If a Toxotai has now (after my changes, where certain stats are already reduced)
    melee 4
    missile 4
    armour 5
    def skill 4
    ..make it to:
    melee 2
    missile 3
    armour 2
    def skill 2
    After all, they are no professionals and one of the lowest end greek units. Analog for the Akonstatai (javeliner). Also i would reduce all foot skirmisher troop numbers still a bit more. I believe i've set Toxotai on 30 in edu, and probable i would set them to 25, analog levy skirmishing javeliners. Those kind of changes i wouldn't do for Persian-only units as gameplay component to support the Persia AI.
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 16, 2008 at 07:57 PM.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Nero666 View Post
    Well I did put the 'while I_TurnNumber < 3000' part below the govt building monitors in the script, and haven't experiences any CTDs yet, but then again I'm still in 539 bc, will have to play some more.. Also can't imagine that that differene in the script could cause the problems mentioned. But I'll test to see what happens..
    You mean i've set the line into the wrong position, just not for the gov scripts, that might be, i thought i have to concern this line only for turn counter (4tpy function), i must admit, i haven't investigated the gov scripts. Would be great if this can fix my ctd experiences, but wouldn't explain why ie. matricaria gets also end_turn ctd's (see his posts).
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 16, 2008 at 08:13 PM.

I found something weird yesterday.

For some reason it wouldn't let me send troops into Argos. So I pulled all my troops out of Argos yet when I clicked on Argos than clicked to move nothing(to see if it was still buggy) it made a blue line for movement. Yet no one was in Argos!

I try'd to send either of my armies into Argos yet they couldn't enter, it wouldn't let them. I built a troop in Argos yet the next turn the Troops was spawned outside Argos!

I'll post a Screenshot later but as of right now I think the only way I can enter troops into Argos is by letting it rebel than retaking it.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast