Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: ROP v2.2 bug reports

Default Re: ROP v2.2 bug reports

Hello.

I'm not sure if this has already been reported or not, but I have installed the RSII Environments patch and for some reason the faction symbols in campaign has changed, but only in the diplomacy tab and when you end a turn. The faction symbols are still the same in campaign selection and their banner are still correct. But in diplomacy tab, the symbols overhead when you end turn and your faction symbol in the bottom right are all vanilla Rome symbols. For example, I'm playing as the Babylonian's and right now my faction symbol is that of vanilla Britons. Is there a chance that a bug exists in the RSII Environment downloads?

At any rate, great work on the mod so far.

Mars Magnus's Avatar Ordinarius

Here, that's an old savegame from the middle if 2010:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...518243907.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...518245371.jpg/

Mada area, conquered by me is green.
    Lydia is two time Sparta and I have a "Spartan colony" in Greece.

Why does that happen? It was the only one time in more than about 15-20 longer games that this did happen.

Btw: I get a error message if I leave RTW main menu if I play this savegame. It means that the hoplite units of Kemet, the models-file of them, is not available.
    SILVIO GESELL & GUSTAV RUHLAND: GREATEST ECONOMISTS!
    STOP EXPLOITING=CAPITALISM= INTEREST SLAVERY!
    In every porduct you buy you pay about 40% interest in the price.
    Debt creates money. Money is created by dept.

King-Of-Xanadu's Avatar Libertus

Help!!! I cant open the mod, my computer keeps saying "not a valid Win32 application". I have tried re-downloading it but it still wont let me do anything involving this program. What is strange is that I have downloaded other mods, such as RTR VII, very fun, with out any problems. Can you please help

Not sure if intentional but family members who have the trait "Not like his father" always seem to end up with a different political orientation to the rest of the faction (I have an Ionian monarchist atm, before that my Lydian heir decided he preferred oligarchy...) Again this has occurred, Macedonian heir is oligarchist (he's going to inherit a goddamn monarchy!)

Also, Macedonian Aresteis (or something similar, middle-rank of heavy cavalry between Hippeis Athagorai and Hetairoi) are described as javelin-armed on the unit card but have no missile attack?

Random bug; playing as Ionia I had a good forty turns of uninterrupted play and then randomly win7 says "Rome Total War has stopped working!", and crashes to desktop. Think I'd just ended turn but not sure.
    Last edited by Sir Walter; June 30, 2012 at 03:34 PM.
    ...ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

Hello!
    I downloaded the mod to version 2.2 internetwars.ru, updated it to version 2.22 patch and then Russified, did everything right, the game goes, the moves are smooth and clear, but once on the strategic map of Athens navozhu mouse (not the sign that says, and the city itself) and immediately crash occurs with the inscription: "This application will be closed. We apologize for the inconvenience." It does not matter, I belong to Athens or not - crash is inevitable. On the other settlements, or to direct the troops can be flown is not observed at all.
    Friends, does anyone even knows about the problem and how to fix it? Has anyone experienced this? Play of course, be true, but it's up to the case, I will have to attack Athens and departures happen ...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

There are script reasons for this. Just pay no attention to it

Quote Originally Posted by Stath's View Post
    There are script reasons for this. Just pay no attention to it
    The kemet marines are the same, what's the script reason?

The script reason is to prevent CTDs when a city rebels to a faction which would otherwise have 0 units to recruit Will change in ROP III
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

Lead developer of:

Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez

yuezhi's Avatar Senator

My most recent game with Parsa is effectively broken and whatever I do on the campaign map cannot fix it because the cause is too far away.
    To the point, it's a 100% CTD everytime Ionia uses its diplomat. At first I thought it was Athens fault but after following the AI movements with the fog off it's coming from what I think is around pontus.
    What I find strange is that this has only happened to me once a long time ago on a mod that was very unstable and of course I stopped playing it.
    all hail the flying spaghetti monster!

I installed this today and I can definitely tell a lot of work went into it. I'm eager to get into it and have started a Mada campaign and played for a few turns. Liking it so far, except for one small issue.

I have a CTD issue that occurs specifically in the loading screen for siege battles. Attack, defend, sally out. Basically any battle that involves settlement defenses gives me a CTD. I know this is a different CTD crash than others have reported with this mod and others play sieges successfully, but I have tried fiddling with the shaders and graphics settings with no success. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Alright. I managed to fix it with a clean install of Rome and ROP. Not sure what the issue was.

That's weird. Good to know you sorted it out.

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Maybe you guys forgot to install the ctd fix of the 2.22 Patch.
    Because i tried the 2.2 Version and forgot to put the patch, and so those crashes began to appear, and then after i installed the Patch along with the ctd fix, it was alright.

Hi everyone, i have installed ROP 2.2 with the 2.22 fix, and i'm experiencing a CTD caused (it seems) by a Kyrene Family Member (i controlled removing the fog).
    How can i solve the problme? I've tried removing the Character \tried to move him away but it seems like the console do not find him or don't accept my commands...
    Am i doing something wrong?
    Thx in advance.

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cleon I View Post
    Hi everyone, i have installed ROP 2.2 with the 2.22 fix, and i'm experiencing a CTD caused (it seems) by a Kyrene Family Member (i controlled removing the fog).
    How can i solve the problme? I've tried removing the Character \tried to move him away but it seems like the console do not find him or don't accept my commands...
    Am i doing something wrong?
    Thx in advance.
    Sorry, but i never faced with those errors, also im just going to work in the v3, so maybe another member can help you.
    If theres still anyone around.

Daminios's Avatar Civis

to WiseCoffin ....
    I just read thru 50% of this thread .
    It seems 2.2 was a mess of sorts with crashes and other frustrating errors .
    Good luck with 3 , disregard my advice in other threads .
    I await it when ready .
    cheers

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Never mind, I've didn't read the description. If I would find any bug, I'll report in this post.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; June 11, 2018 at 12:12 PM.

SlartyBartfast's Avatar Decanus

Thracian slingers make archer noise.
    "Huh?"

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112