Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: ROP v2.2 Released - [Patch 2.22 Available!]

Default Re: ROP v2.2 Released - [Installer fixed!]

Ok.... Ive tried to download it for the second time with the said fixed installer then after an 1 hour of downloading ( it has still another hour before it is completed) It suddenly stop and said the download is complete at 79.0 mb
    and when I tried to run it, an error message appeared and said that the installer is either corrupt, virus or failure in download????:hmmm:

loet66's Avatar Senator

Hi,

Great release !!

Two things to say here :

1_ the installer.exe must be activate in administrator mod in vista32
    2_ maybe the 4ty script is bugged because the advisor appears constantly when I click on my towns and It doesn't closed automatically after I click on the "show me" button : any idea ?

loet66

Phalanx300's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Thanks Loet, the installer works now .

Ooh so that's why, I'm not using all those User Account stuff as it's quite annoying when developing mods I'll put that in the install instructions^^.

The 4tpy script works just fine, but I don't know how to disable the advisor from popping up every time. If someone could tell me, we will put a fix for that in the first patch

If the download is not working properly, just send me a PM and I will give you an alternative link [sending pm to Octavius Vatco...]
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

Lead developer of:

Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez

loet66's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Nero666 View Post

The 4tpy script works just fine, but I don't know how to disable the advisor from popping up every time. If someone could tell me, we will put a fix for that in the first patch

[sending pm to Octavius Vatco...]

Ok, I will disable the text of the advisor to reduce the disagrement.

I hope too a fix advisor will be in the first patch.

loet66
    Last edited by loet66; May 12, 2008 at 10:46 AM.

great! ty guys downloading now

ps u deserves a first page annuncement

@loet: I'm sure we'll find something, don't worry. Have fun playing
    @Giovi: We've just received the front page announcement a few minutes ago

Lead developer of:

Hmmm...cant find any new download links and im not a bit torrent guy. Any help, Nero?
    The Canadian Corps: Mount Sorrel, 2nd Ypres, Vimy, Arleux, Hill 70, Passchendaele, Amiens, Hindenburg Line, Canal du Nord, Mons.

Hound of Ulster's Avatar Senator

have Kush and Saba been fully implemented as playable factions?
    'Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War' Plato

'Killing is Negotiating' A militiaman in 'Blackhawk Down'

I'm afraid not. Kush and Saba will only be able to have comparatively small army lists however, so it isn't as big a stretch to get them done compared to people like the Lydians.

I couldn't give you a date for when they'l turn up though.

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

I have thought ROP is the greatest mod ever since it first appearance as 2.0 beta and played few campaigns but had to abandon it untill the bugs have been resolved. And now with the final release there is no doubt,this will be my top mod forever. I had to please myself with others in the meantime
    I find the units absolutely accurate and splendid,even glamorous,plus I've read the most for this time stretch of ancient greek history(Thucidides etc),so I feel at home .

I have one suggestion that can improve it further. I asked the creator of SPQR mod how does he achieve the longer lasting battles so that you can enjoy the action longer and without haste-and he then told me. It's not that difficult though one has to change many files. I suggest that you make an optional fix for longer battles,or if you don't feel like to,I can make it myself .

Aetius's Avatar Vae victis

YES!

I have followed this mod from the beginning! Rez is a god, Persian Empire is underrated!
    Blut und Boden

Gameplay Guide: 4tpy mod
    We have implemented the 4tpy mod into our campaign, to stretch the number of turns available to build your empire, which is now more or less comparable to vanilla RTW rather than half the turns. There are three summer seasons, representing spring, summer and autumn respectively, and the winter season. As in any other mod, 4tpy has to be activated when starting a campaign or loading a save game.
    On campaig start, the popup shown below will appear automatically. When clicking the Show-me-how button, the script is loaded.
    When loading a save game though, you will have to click on a settement owned by your faction, and then open the advisor and click the show-me-how button, as is shown in the screenshot.
    Is there any way you can get this to happen automatically? I just know there will be some point where I forget to click on this.

What Installer program are you using? It’s been over a year and a half since Vista was released and most installers that I know of will automatically bring up one of those UAC prompts for an admin username/password if you tell the installer before you compile it that it requires admin privileges to run.
    Last edited by the-beast; May 13, 2008 at 05:35 AM.

@the-beast:
    The 4tpy can't be activated automatically unfortunately; we just will remind you, so every time you click a settlement the advisor for activation will pop up

Actually I was fiddling around with the UAC options in the installer (NSIS installer created with HM NIS). I will make some time to look into these options more detailed.

@Dracula: Though they do already last much longer as in v2.11, it would be nice to make the battles even longer as sometimes it might be still too quick. I only know about the export_descr_unit.txt file for changing the balance - wondering which other files might be helpful, could you tell me?

Lead developer of:

@Nero666

I've downloaded NSIS and had a quick play. Apparently all you need to do is add

Code:
    RequestExecutionLevel admin
    into the installer script and Vista *should* do the rest. No idea if this works though as I don't have Vista and use Inno Setup http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php myself.

EDIT - It should also (again untested) mean that if admin privileges are not for coming on any version of Windows, the installer should display and error about needing admin privileges and then quit gracefully.
    Last edited by the-beast; May 13, 2008 at 08:11 AM.

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

@Dracula: Though they do already last much longer as in v2.11, it would be nice to make the battles even longer as sometimes it might be still too quick. I only know about the export_descr_unit.txt file for changing the balance - wondering which other files might be helpful, could you tell me?
    In the same file export_descr_unit I change stat_pri and stat_sec from 1 (the last value- for time) to 0.5 or lower(it can be changed from 0.1-0.9). It should theorethically double increase fight time. But because there are other values that indirectly affect time,it is not that much increased really. I am experimenting now. I would slow it down more. What do you change ? If you want I can send you my changed file. I am playing with it without problems now.

Senator
    In the icey lands of Norway... which aren't actually icey... more like rainy.

Great mod!

First tried the Makedonians, and loved conquering as them and I really love their units! Then I tried the Bessoi and wow, they look awesome and fight so unique compared to the Hellenic factions!

Any chance that this mod might be converted to M2TW one day?

Great mod but i like the old elephant textre with paint on them

Damn. I'm really enjoying my campaign atm. I have been fighting against media for four years now (4tpy system makes it feel like forever) and Babylon has backstabbed me numerous times. I even had the most epic battle ever against them. It was a small garrison town commanded by one of my generals, Otanes. The Babylonian army led by the royal prince himself assailed the city. My army consisted of those mesopotamian militia-spearmen and some persian sparabara. I was greatly outnumbered while the Babylonians rushed through the broken gates. My general tried to rally the troops but died while trying. Now comes the most exciting part: my army is at the brink of collapse. All of the mesopotamians have fled and only the battle hardened sparabara are left fighting. And by the grace of Ahuramazda they killed the enemy general in his chariot! Immediately the enemy fled and victory was mine. Losing that battle would have ment moving Cyrus with his army from northern Iran to retake the town. In short, my whole plan of conquering world would have been nullified.

EXCELLENT
    I'm returned again...